Forum

So yeah, this update ...

Created 19th March 2013 @ 21:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Ace

I’ve crashed five times in less than 20 minutes, no error message, game just closes, sometimes with some looping sound for a few seconds. Started happening just now after the update. Geforce 9800/9800 gtx, windows 7 64 bit. Tested two different huds.

maidos

remove resource and scripts and try playing with defualt hud for a while?

Ace

Tried windowed mode + turning off overlay, that worked – but I didn’t play for long, so I don’t know for sure if it’s fixed.

Ch3Vy

FjK

Gotta love Valve. My game also just shut down without any error messages O.o

MoZz

I’m playing with custom HUD and have no problems.

WildFire

AUTOBOTS
TSPAG

I haven’t had any crashes since the update. I keep getting the medigun uber crackle sound and video effect until I rejoin the server though :(

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I get the medigun crackle too.

Limp.

EPA

Still no problems whatsoever, never had any, get laptop.

Blue.Eagle

Just played for a few hours, no problems other than the usual broken hud

quintosh

wL.

remove resource and scripts folder then add the hud’s files again.. works and always worked for every hud

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

i was doing my first highlander div6 match and i crashed 3 times even after removing scrips and resources. plus our multiplay server did not update to new version and was unagible :C

and for what? for a pair of glasses.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from quintosh

remove resource and scripts folder then add the hud’s files again.. works and always worked for every hud

Not always… Sometimes Valve adds new hud elements and the corresponding game code assumes this hud element exists. When it does not exists it crashes.

This is usually fixed by Valve adding a check to make sure the hud element exists AND/OR hud authors update their huds to include this new hud element.

So yes, re-applying your old hud may lead to crashes.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Niicol

i was doing my first highlander div6 match and i crashed 3 times even after removing scrips and resources. plus our multiplay server did not update to new version and was unagible :C

did you expect your multiplay server to work properly lol

atmo

Quoted from Niicol

“and for what? the future of gaming”

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from quintosh

Ah yes, I did do this straight away, didn’t make it clear :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »