Forum

Team Fortress 2 Community getting more and more stupid ?

Created 15th March 2009 @ 22:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

agron

Relic

oh my gawd numlocked, I will choke you to death if i ever meet you. FOR REALZ.

skinnie

TCM

²

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

tbh it is pretty annoying if people ping high to a comon (uk/german/dutch srv). But if you dont want to play on their srv, just use etf2l one :D

Personally i wouldnt mind a sorta ping limit, so people from (example!) western Russia can still play and people from vladivostok (next to China but still Russia) cant play in etf2l

g0d

russians should be allowed to play.. and LOL at the internation Korean dating add on the right of this site I’m looking at???? AHHAHAH

Norris

the head post basically proves that the thread title is well-chosen.

> people from vladivostok (next to China but still Russia) cant play in etf2l

Oh, u should not worry about this issue. Vladivostok is GMT+10, so at 21cet it is 6 in the morning in Vladivostok. Ppl there got to have balls of steel to play in etf2l -)

Geten

Balls of steel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno&feature=related

Rele

Ppl from China would also be allowed to play in ETF2L btw (see Rulespage 1.7.1).

Can pls someone close this topic? Its retarded as hell.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I love the etf2l ad.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nvv4pe.png

Moose

[MIPC]

I like the TF2 scene. At least in upper divisions the people are friendly and most of them are not taking wins and losses too seriously. And certainly we’re in a much better position than CS or CSS for example. Dr.Gonzo says it nicely in his newest column on Cadred:

“Having watched the UK scene descend into its usual frenzy of pre-LAN backstabbery once again, having read the “banter” between sets of players that have absolutely no need to attempt to generate a rivalry, having read the excuses peddled by teams losing matches that basically mean I’m supposed to believe certain groups of players are actually divine infallible beings that have never lost on reasons of merit… Fuck man, this is the UK scene at the top end. You drop down a few pegs on the ladder and it’s only worse. We have become a collection of rats, finks, bullshit artists and violent egotists.

I look across to other scenes and see groups like the Team Fortress 2 community and by comparison it’s like something out of a 1950s sitcom. They all wish each other well, tip the hat to their fellow player, praise each other’s performances and whenever there is a big development on the horizon that requires some solidarity – see UKeSA – they get together and do what is right to further the game and develop the scene so they community as a whole can benefit.”

Mick-

idd , we can’t complain at all about the attitude of people in Div1 ,of course there is some kind of rivalry…but i don’t think you will see often the top CSS Clans together in a pub , drinking beers and having fun like we did @ PCGamer (TLR,4k,TCM) , only cc didnt want to come though ! (actually they didn’t find the pub , faggots !)

Norris

it’s true, clearly can second this. I actually do remember the elitist behavior in tfc in which lot of us already took part in. this is is a (good) change.

Am

jizzed in his p

TF2 has a much better community than most FPS games but we still have our fair share of idiots and elitists.

Nothing to complain about though! :D

trams

-><-

Yeah, the only russians is good for is to play “Newtons cradle” with http://www.oddrussia.com/2009/03/group-bungee-jumping.html ;)

Nah, russians is the salt of the earth :)

Shrapnel

I think we should all give ourselves a big pat on the back!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »