How to Help TF2

Created 12th March 2012 @ 17:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »

blw

element //

ban innocent people for hax – that’s the best way to help tf2
etf2l’s favourite method by the way

Last edited by blw,

The best way to help tf2 is to just keep playing. Simple!

Although, it would be nice if the community was more like others in that you could find a game pretty easily no matter the time. I still don’t understand why after a certain time people just stop playing.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from blw

ban innocent people for hax – that’s the best way to help tf2
etf2l’s favourite method by the way

thats okay, you can just randomly insult people in mixes to feel better for yourself

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Someone teach me how to use xsplit! (not to stream, to upload on youtube)
Also, does it make my FPS lower like fraps does?

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Elitism is not the problem. The problem is all this fuss over improving our “image” with the pubbers. Wait. Why does this matter? They’re completely free to join the league and start/join a team, aren’t they? Where exactly is this “gap”? Oh yeah, it’s the whole unlocks issue. I hope this thread doesn’t turn into that dire debate, so I’ll say this: If they don’t want to play with us, they don’t have to. It is not our duty to reel them into comp. They can stick to pub if they wish. Each to his own. Live and let live.

I couldn’t care less about what the SPUF masses think about comp TF2. Their frustration with dealing with vanilla does not concern me one little bit. All I care about is what’s in front of me: my team’s place in everything. I practise with elem.v for officials. I pay attention to other happenings in Div2B. Oh shit, another team in my group dropped. Now we can’t come 1st and need to fight harder to come 2nd. CIDO versus MIPC – that’ll be a good game. LDLC are making a comeback: they beat us and now they’ve beaten AW. I look over and see that some pretty interesting matches are coming up in 2A. And in Div1. And in Prem. This is the stuff I pay attention to. Not the Steam forums.

This is my interest in comp TF2. I love playing in this league, I love my team and I love TF2. There are certainly problems with ETF2L, but the gap between comp and pub is not one of them.

Season 11 is almost done. Thousands of people in over 300 teams have played hundreds of keen, competitive games against each other. This game is not dead, or dying. From where I’m standing, this league is alive and kicking.

tl;dr All this complaining and fuss is far more detrimental to the game than the elitism

Last edited by Sylosin,

atmo

Quoted from MIndYe

Someone teach me how to use xsplit! (not to stream, to upload on youtube)
Also, does it make my FPS lower like fraps does?

Use dxtory, it has no affect on fps.

dougiie

CotC

someone make a tutorial or some shit on how to upload/record/etc your 6v6 demo/mumble blah blah blah

(cough skyride cough)

teiyang

When i think back to that christmas-newbie-mix – I posted the announcement on some German forums and people gave me feedback about the idea. Some people were pretty interested but the thing that kept them from going was the fact that they don’t felt that comfortable getting started in an other language, even if some of them have spoken it pretty well.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Sylosin

Elitism is not the problem. The problem is all this fuss over improving our “image” with the pubbers. Wait. Why does this matter? They’re completely free to join the league and start/join a team, aren’t they? Where exactly is this “gap”? Oh yeah, it’s the whole unlocks issue. I hope this thread doesn’t turn into that dire debate, so I’ll say this: If they don’t want to play with us, they don’t have to. It is not our duty to reel them into comp. They can stick to pub if they wish. Each to his own. Live and let live.

I couldn’t care less about what the SPUF masses think about comp TF2. Their frustration with dealing with vanilla does not concern me one little bit. All I care about is what’s in front of me: my team’s place in everything. I practise with elem.v for officials. I pay attention to other happenings in Div2B. Oh shit, another team in my group dropped. Now we can’t come 1st and need to fight harder to come 2nd. CIDO versus MIPC – that’ll be a good game. LDLC are making a comeback: they beat us and now they’ve beaten AW. I look over and see that some pretty interesting matches are coming up in 2A. And in Div1. And in Prem. This is the stuff I pay attention to. Not the Steam forums.

This is my interest in comp TF2. I love playing in this league, I love my team and I love TF2. There are certainly problems with ETF2L, but the gap between comp and pub is not one of them.

Season 11 is almost done. Thousands of people in over 300 teams have played hundreds of keen, competitive games against each other. This game is not dead, or dying. From where I’m standing, this league is alive and kicking.

tl;dr All this complaining and fuss is far more detrimental to the game than the elitism

I was about to type something, but why do that when I can just quote you.

Pubbers, pubstars, players who come from other games and whatnot are more than welcome to play comp, but you don’t need to shove it down their throat. Advertising that TF2 is available to be played competitively is good, but try to not force people to get into it.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Sylosin

You bring tears to my eyes Sylo
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/162/317/2vA1a.png?1313349760

envy

UNLOCKS UNLOCKS UNLOCKS

Since NA community have the same problem as EU, I don’t think vanilla is the biggest issue here.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well in a small game such as TF2, it is more down to the community to expand itself.

You may have reasons for not wanting to help, which is fine, but the truth is that TF2 growing is only a good thing. More people means that we have more LANs, which are awesome, more Sponsors, so more community prizes and more exciting finals.

There is plenty to do for everyone, if there are people there to help we could really make the game grow. If we communicate with the NA people as well then we might even get some Valve support.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

For example things that could help:

Getting some high div people to do a newbie mix, much like the invite players do in NA

Having some people who are smarter than me to help manage newbie mix group

Streaming or youtube videos of high level play, which I don’t mind trying to promote to the fullest

Even small things, like when pubbing, if you notice a pubstar maybe ask if he wants to mix sometime

Start talking to NA about ways we can coordinate

There is so much to do, we just need the people.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from CrashSite

Well in a small game such as TF2, it is more down to the community to expand itself.

You may have reasons for not wanting to help, which is fine, but the truth is that TF2 growing is only a good thing. More people means that we have more LANs, which are awesome, more Sponsors, so more community prizes and more exciting finals.

There is plenty to do for everyone, if there are people there to help we could really make the game grow. If we communicate with the NA people as well then we might even get some Valve support.

the only way to get the community to grow at a faster pace(e.g. not having intelligent players hear about etf2l and start here) then we need to do things like change the entire gamemode, new kinds of maps, unban the bad unlocks etc etc. and I’m against that really. The pubcommunity that has already heard about comp and doesn’t like it, will never become part of it. We rather need to cater to players of other games to get here and see the vanilla game(plus gunboats) for what it is or something like that….

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Next »