Forum

You can't criticise free updates

Created 26th January 2011 @ 00:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Martn

Oh man, then i would have to find my buddy, right click and type the password.
Its much faster just to copy past the whole connect string from mumble/irc or from a steam friend and dump it into console.

Martn

my first double post.

Last edited by Martn,

Cooler

4Queens

i’d prefer having safe server than being able to connect through triends

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Hiding the server does wonders. Yes it may not be the best solution but at the end of the day, it’s the only solution we have.

Either you sit around playing games that timeout and bitch about it until Valve decides to fix it. Or you put a little bit more effort into connecting to your server and play games without worrying about a random DDOS.

As soon as Skyride offered unlisting our match server, I pretty much jumped right on it. It hasn’t given me an issue since. Yeah, sure, it’s a bit of a pain to explain to the rest of the team why the server isn’t showing up in their favorites browser anymore … but whatever @ that.

Protip for own server or other unlisted servers that you frequent:
1) alias clanname “connect ip; password pass”
2) type name of clan’s server you’ll be playing on in console
3) ???
4) PROFIT

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

me and chris had a lobby yesterday and on my server hide_server 1 was set and 4 ppl didnt manage to connect :(
hide_server 1 is a very very dirty solution to for the ddos problem cos you only can connect via console to a server…

dat lobby

DAT LOBBY

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

me and chris had a lobby yesterday and on my server hide_server 1 was set and 4 ppl didnt manage to connect :(
hide_server 1 is a very very dirty solution to for the ddos problem cos you only can connect via console to a server…

Thats BS.
It’s not a dirty solution at all. It doesn’t involve any hacks or tricky workarounds.
Connecting via the console is a common procedure.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XHunter

[…]

Thats BS.
It’s not a dirty solution at all. It doesn’t involve any hacks or tricky workarounds.
Connecting via the console is a common procedure.

not for lobbies LOLOLO

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from Lynn

Either you sit around playing games that timeout and bitch about it until Valve decides to fix it.

Valve decides to fix (D)DOS?

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from octochris

[…]

not for lobbies LOLOLO

*trololol*

######distance a ############# distance b###################
public |—————-| lobby |—————————————————-| competitive

a < b

Last edited by XHunter,

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from wer

[…]Valve decides to fix (D)DOS?

They can’t fix (D)DOS. All they can do is to fix the exploit that allows malicious packages to crash the server…

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

my idea is valve should autohide the matchserver if the match starts (both teams ready up).
this would be an awesome solution cos you can connect via friends/favourites and its still hidden during match

http://fave.mind-exchange.com/wp-content/themes/slanted/thumb.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Internet-High-Five.jpg&w=470px&h=&zc=1&q=90

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

my idea is valve should autohide the matchserver if the match starts (both teams ready up).
this would be an awesome solution cos you can connect via friends/favourites and its still hidden during match

http://fave.mind-exchange.com/wp-content/themes/slanted/thumb.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Internet-High-Five.jpg&w=470px&h=&zc=1&q=90

There are also plenty of reasons why you would NOT want hide_server on at all. One example is match casters listing the frags.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

There are also plenty of reasons why you would NOT want hide_server on at all. One example is match casters listing the frags.

And checking your teammates frags and calling them shit!

Last edited by Koeitje,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

And checking your teammates frags and calling them shit!

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from XHunter

[…]

They can’t fix (D)DOS. All they can do is to fix the exploit that allows malicious packages to crash the server…

oh really?

thanks for telling me. I didnt know that

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »