Forum

Ban?!!

Created 14th January 2011 @ 17:33

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

Swarlz

My work here is done.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

We need some way of letting out all our nerd tension, otherwise this happens. I think this has been the most e-drama in a long fucking time.

fr0w

\V/ Gold

true
hopefully its over now

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Waebi

thanks cloud for doing the work i couldnt be arsed to, pretty much proves it’s more likely to be eaten by flying sharks now, doesnt it.

No problem bro.
Didn’t see what Forza posted last, /shrug

Quoted from fr0w

hopefully its over now

Swarlz

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

No problem bro.
Didn’t see what Forza posted last, /shrug

[…]

It’s still not valid evidence – it’s just “hey look the probability of this actually happening is so small they must be account sharing”

8-)

AnimaL

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

It’s still not valid evidence – it’s just “hey look the probability of this actually happening is so small they must be account sharing”

8-)

its a cartoon game lololool

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from Swarlz

It’s still not valid evidence – it’s just “hey look the probability of this actually happening is so small they must be account sharing”)

The probability of you turning into a fish, is currently about the same as that.
Are you a fish?

In all seriousness, everyone realises this, but in a case where the admins will not release/do not have more evidence, this is the best you can do.

Did you know criminal trials with DNA testing have been decided with probabilities larger than this? Obviously still very small, though. Why not here?

Furthermore, you could do an equal analysis of these probabilities for say, two people in the UK. The final likelihood of account sharing not taking place, would be smaller still. But it’s still just a probability. You can’t throw this kind of thing away however, otherwise you’d never get anything done, -unless- there’s a foolproof method of proving it without needing to deal with this. As far as I know, there aint.

–Edit

But I aint an admin, I just made that post to put some numbers and some logic to what seemed like sheer speculation at the time.

Last edited by Cloud,

for science

I almost cried from reading that absolute butchering of statistics.
:)

Last edited by for science,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I retract my earlier statement given the insights on actual probabilities. I also hope Forza will make an apology for a post that might have happened in a moment of frustration, and that we can all be friends again. Yay!

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from for science

I almost cried from reading that absolute butchering of statistics.
:)

Don’t quite see how it’s a butchering but alright, I’m a failure. (((((((((

Enef

fest
#wubafan

This is better than coronation street. I love these topics.

Spike Himself

TC

19 hours, 10 pages, and I haven’t posted yet!

There, fixed :D

Stew

Quoted from Spike Himself

19 hours, 10 pages, and I haven’t posted yet!

There, fixed :D

+1

Stew

Quoted from Cloud

[…]

Don’t quite see how it’s a butchering but alright, I’m a failure. (((((((((

If a rocket scientist tells you that your math is wrong, it definately is wrong.. :D

Also, soz for the double post.

Last edited by Stew,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I think one of the main problems here was so many people got banned at once, we need them spread out so the rage happens in small, manageable chunks. What I would love for once is for all the real cheaters to say: ‘Yep, you got me’ and then we could move on and be happy and eat cookies and hug and run through a field together, but you won’t let that happen will you, will you… WHY GOD DAMN IT WHY!?!

I forgot what I was posting about but I still want cookies.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »