Forum

Ways to push your team?

Created 18th October 2010 @ 17:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Chaos

BAT

I’ve not long ago started a new team. All the players are individually talented, no question of that. But our pushes a little off.

I was thinking of reasons why and it’s mainly our ubers leave a lot to be desired. So I’m thinking of ways to improve them.

Then I watched Day9’s (sc2) funday monday where he imposes silly restrictions on players and then he pulls out good aspects of games that are submitted.

Here’s the thing I want my team to try and do –

play a whole map without using an offensive uber – only using ubers to save points or the medic.

Then, once we’ve done well at that a few times, try it the other way around. No defensive ubers.

Opinions?

kolox

obs.

meeting up with them at LAN allows you to push them around as much as you want, and not be labelled a cybergangster

kuma

If your pushes are off, it’s better to work on offensive ubers first. You won’t learn much about pushing by wiping their uber and going in when no-one is left on their team.

It sounds to me like your players aren’t really sure what to do during a push. Just try and work out some coordination between your players, like who goes in with your medic with uber, who goes to the flanks etc, and work out good timings on when each player should push in and what they should be doing during.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Kuma, meet nail…..NOW HIT IT ON THE HEAD!

Greg

Introduce them to my bondage boutique… It motivates them not to fail.

Dummy

soldier a jump
soldier b jump
demo jump
scouts jump
medics… well medic hops along
/thread

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from kuma

Just try and work out some coordination between your players, like who goes in with your medic with uber, who goes to the flanks etc, and work out good timings on when each player should push in and what they should be doing during.

that, plus maybe have (if you split up) the scouts tell you when they’re ready etc and have ONE person call the *go now*.

Hosain H

Royal`

Quoted from Dummy

soldier a jump
soldier b jump
demo jump
scouts jump
medics… well medic hops along
/thread

Soldier a dies
Soldier b dies
demo dies
scouts die
medic……. 6 man gogo

Chaos

BAT

so you’re all telling me that if we did these no-uber pushes, we wouldn’t learn anything from them? We’d just get rolled…

sounds like a challenge to me

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Just make sure everyone knows where to go and what to do when the ubers are faded.

Make sure that when you uber you have an objective be it get out, stop them capping, forcing their uber, or pushing them back. Make sure it’s clear with your team what you are doing with the uber when you push and what you plan to do after the uber and when you’ve pushed.

N/A

RaWr ::

I still don’t understand why teams wait till they have uber. If you both don’t have uber 6v6, just push!

Monkeh

Quoted from N/A

I still don’t understand why teams wait till they have uber. If you both don’t have uber 6v6, just push!

…and lose the medic and pocket to a sticky trap? Or the demo, or a scout or two or, or, or…..etc.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Just send in a class to suicide them and force their uber early, fall back and counter push!

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

…and lose the medic and pocket to a sticky trap? Or the demo, or a scout or two or, or, or…..etc.

You could go on forever like that, point is. If you have uber and 6 up there is no reason to wait. Sure you could endlessly try to get a pick on a demo/medic, but otherwise just push, force their uber and make them spread it around as much as possible.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Joske is not telling you to run in as headless chickens…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »