Forum

Ways to push your team?

Created 18th October 2010 @ 17:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Koeitje

Joske is not telling you to run in as headless chickens…

Damn, that’s what we’re best at.

N/A

RaWr ::

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

…and lose the medic and pocket to a sticky trap? Or the demo, or a scout or two or, or, or…..etc.

All of these things can happen with uber. If you are pushing when you don’t have uber without knowledge of where the opposing teams sticky trap is at, you’re making a mistake.

Being the agressor puts you in power, you get to make the decisions.

Chaos

Quoted from N/A

[…]

All of these things can happen with uber. If you are pushing when you don’t have uber without knowledge of where the opposing teams sticky trap is at, you’re making a mistake.

as much as I’d hate to, I agree with Joske. The point of this for me, was to find ways of pushing without uber. That surely would help our pushes with uber right? If you don’t know the thrill of pushing into a point and taking it, when you don’t have uber (or even a medic at times) and you win through pure teamwork/DM, you haven’t lived my friend

kuma

You’ll also need to learn which pushes you need uber for and which you don’t, which you won’t get from going in every point without uber and wiping.

Granary yard > mid is an obvious example.

You also won’t likely get the positioning down or roles during the push because most of your guys will be dead or focused on surviving.

konr

Quoted from N/A

[…]

I completely agree. It’s risky, but to be honest going in WITH uber is also a risk, being that most medics in lower division games focus on the soldiers and the demoman whilst it’s popped, and that means the scouts get neglected a bit more than usual (even if they do get heals), which isn’t ideal.

Point is every single situation is going to be risky regardless of having your uber or not, and being pessimistic and saying ‘but they’ll get our medic ;_;!!’ is the wrong way to go about it. Think logically about the situation, take risks and win! If you lose, it’s a learning experience and you’ll know not to do the exact same thing next time when you’re in the situation that you were in.

tl;dr i agree with joske, take risks and have fun

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Play like Team Counterstrike.

Willow

Quoted from konr

[…]I completely agree. It’s risky, but to be honest going in WITH uber is also a risk, being that most medics in lower division games focus on the soldiers and the demoman whilst it’s popped, and that means the scouts get neglected a bit more than usual (even if they do get heals), which isn’t ideal.

Point is every single situation is going to be risky regardless of having your uber or not, and being pessimistic and saying ‘but they’ll get our medic ;_;!!’ is the wrong way to go about it. Think logically about the situation, take risks and win! If you lose, it’s a learning experience and you’ll know not to do the exact same thing next time when you’re in the situation that you were in.

tl;dr i agree with joske, take risks and have fun

The only reason Monkeh is pessimistic and saying ‘but they’ll get our medic ;_;!!’ is because he is our medic, and is selfish. He always holds us back with his self-preservation calls >.<

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Be aggressive, monkeh, not stupid. :)

I am not Icecream

Quoted from Enef

Be aggressive, monkeh, not stupid. :)

This

Get demo’s from last night’s mix Monkeh, and compare the pushes of the two teams to see the difference.

davesan

epx^
Panda

dangle a bit of food infront of them, hanging on a piece of string from a stick…works a charm!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2