Forum

ENGIE UPDATE INBOUND!

Created 5th July 2010 @ 20:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Permzilla

Drunken F00l got a golden wrench. If that’s a coincidence, I’m Robin Walker.

Seems a few people on the sourceop forums have managed to figure out how the alograthim works and they can time when the next 2 or 3 drops are going to happen to the second :|

reactioN

just imagine a level 3 sentry and a dispenser after it a engineer that controlls the sentry from the spawn and a second engineer that repairs the sentry
:D

Last edited by reactioN,

Norrland3000

Offensive engies ftw! We no longer need soldiers, two offensive engies instead!

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Oh, you played it?

Idiot.

I have actually. Couple of friends and I did a small lan with someone making a plugin to give the weapons to everybody. Only iffy thing was the “bonus crits on sentry destruction” for the FJ. Tried a few versions of that. For the Wrangler, don’t know how far away from your Sentry you can be or if you can move while using it so we tried different versions.

Both weapons do nothing for offensive Engi. Wrangler is hilariously broken if you can stand slightly away from the Sentry/can move while using it. Sentries taking a minimum of 5 Stickies to be destroyed with the Engi at a safe distance.

Tikcus

Quoted from reactioN

just imagine a level 3 sentry and a dispenser after it a engineer that controlls the sentry from the spawn and a second engineer that repairs the sentry
:D

waiting to test it, but I doubt it will be allowed if it is useful

Last edited by Tikcus,

reactioN

guys one of my mate already found the newest community item for soldier

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8509/arenagranary0007s.jpg

Defur

Is the third weapon a guitar?

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/HONKY_TONK_MAN.jpg

AnimaL

Quoted from Jims

[…]

Seems a few people on the sourceop forums have managed to figure out how the alograthim works and they can time when the next 2 or 3 drops are going to happen to the second :|

thats hax :D

i mean, its clear that they want the update to come out on thursday, 2:00CET… that would give avg of 1 wrench per hr, or more like 55min, but meh when i yesterday saw that two wrenches were found with time difference of 10 min, i just lost the count to the randomizer gods

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I have actually. Couple of friends and I did a small lan with someone making a plugin to give the weapons to everybody. Only iffy thing was the “bonus crits on sentry destruction” for the FJ. Tried a few versions of that. For the Wrangler, don’t know how far away from your Sentry you can be or if you can move while using it so we tried different versions.

Both weapons do nothing for offensive Engi. Wrangler is hilariously broken if you can stand slightly away from the Sentry/can move while using it. Sentries taking a minimum of 5 Stickies to be destroyed with the Engi at a safe distance.

Well I was talking about the map… but still, that’s not an accurate representation of the weapons at all, so good job and that.

Spary

Quoted from Defur

Is the third weapon a guitar?

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/HONKY_TONK_MAN.jpg

Might be just a taunt.

n00ne

Drunken F00l got a wrench, hmm… I wonder….

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]thats hax :D

i mean, its clear that they want the update to come out on thursday, 2:00CET… that would give avg of 1 wrench per hr, or more like 55min, but meh when i yesterday saw that two wrenches were found with time difference of 10 min, i just lost the count to the randomizer gods

They are given out in predefined (random) intervals and the last one is supposed to drop thursday. Some people claim to be able to predict the drop pattterns (as randomness doesnt really excist) and have done very close predictions on the steamforums.

Last edited by RaCio,

Wiiking

i was just hoping that with this update the engie could be more out in the world, moving around and see things :( this is just even more camping in spawn or behind a turret

ftl

Randdalf

(0v0)

It’s ironic given that comp tf2 won’t play it, but damn does that PL map look like it has the best height-based gameplay since Badlands.

Stew

Quoted from RaCio

[…] They are given out in predefined (random) intervals and the last one is supposed to drop thursday. Some people claim to be able to predict the drop pattterns (as randomness doesnt really excist) and have done very close predictions on the steamforums.

No wonder DrunkenFool got a wrench…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »