Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Fenix

By the way, how about testing vanguard? Still better than gpit

Last edited by Fenix,

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from MoistPenguin

[…]

a koth map cant replace gravelpit as koth isnt a single week, we need a 5cp map to go along with it. As no cp maps are being tested, coalplant will only replace another koth map.

Also please try provide more useful feedback than awful, that is no help to any of the map creators or league admins.

Why couldn’t coalplant replace a 5cp so we have a double koth week? Koth being a much better gamemode in hl than 5cp

draltoady

EU

Quoted from Fenix

By the way, how about testing vanguard? Still better than gpit

fully supported
it was played in ugc with little to no testing, most teams thought the issues were some ridiculous sightlines on mid and only two ways into last, both of which have been fixed but it left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths so it probably won’t get tested again

borneo is a straight upgrade to gpit and barnblitz, although swiftwater is definitely a regional thing

lakeside, wamtic, and ashville/coalplant all have really prevalent flaws and which ones are better generally depend on who you ask (and what class they play), na despised warmtic but you guys do you

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

Why couldn’t coalplant replace a 5cp so we have a double koth week? Koth being a much better gamemode in hl than 5cp

would be possible, i only mentioned 5cp as that is the combo that we have done before

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from MoistPenguin

[…]

would be possible, i only mentioned 5cp as that is the combo that we have done before

Of course, definitely something to look into buddy as there are a lot of good koth maps (having played coalplant today, I really liked it) and 5cp is something that many people find to be too slow and boring in hl due to long distances to cover with slower classes than in 6s. I’d take viaduct, warmtic, lakeside, coalplant, ashville or probably a few others over any 5cp map. Also playing borneo today I’d like to see it replace gravelpit, and playing alloy again it really can’t be involved in the season and it’s silly even to be testing it

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

Of course, definitely something to look into buddy as there are a lot of good koth maps (having played coalplant today, I really liked it) and 5cp is something that many people find to be too slow and boring in hl due to long distances to cover with slower classes than in 6s. I’d take viaduct, warmtic, lakeside, coalplant, ashville or probably a few others over any 5cp map. Also playing borneo today I’d like to see it replace gravelpit, and playing alloy again it really can’t be involved in the season and it’s silly even to be testing it

I agree with what you’re saying for the most part, but Bureau have a history of being really good at koth maps and borneo, and not being so good at 5cp maps and gravelpit style maps, so your opinion may be a bit biased there. From what I’ve played of alloy its worked relatively well considering the complexity of the map and the general lack of knowledge of how to play it.

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from MoistPenguin

[…]

a koth map cant replace gravelpit as koth isnt a single week, we need a 5cp map to go along with it. As no cp maps are being tested, coalplant will only replace another koth map.

Also please try provide more useful feedback than awful, that is no help to any of the map creators or league admins.

cp_badlands + koth_badlands to replace gravelpit 8)

6s master race

Fenix

I’d rather test vanguard over alloy, fixed version is quite enjoyable. I’d love to see more variety in the map pool rather than koth+payload with a few cp maps that noone ever scrims. Hope you are going to consider our opinions for once.

Last edited by Fenix,

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from scrambled

[…]

I agree with what you’re saying for the most part, but Bureau have a history of being really good at koth maps and borneo, and not being so good at 5cp maps and gravelpit style maps, so your opinion may be a bit biased there. From what I’ve played of alloy its worked relatively well considering the complexity of the map and the general lack of knowledge of how to play it.

I’d say that gravelpit was one of our strongest maps last season and we named it in the semi finals as decider. Alloy likewise we’ve been very strong on so far, doesn’t change the fact it’s awful. Koth is just better in hl than 5cp in my opinion

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

I’d say that gravelpit was one of our strongest maps last season and we named it in the semi finals as decider. Alloy likewise we’ve been very strong on so far, doesn’t change the fact it’s awful. Koth is just better in hl than 5cp in my opinion

I was agreeing with you, but I think that bureau are much better on koth and pl than others, hence why I think you’re biased. I think more variety would be nice though, I agree with this guys opinions, from perspective of a real esport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWKZ_rI078

yrr

im going to be honest, im the creator of Alloy and the more i’ve learnt about how HL works the more i wonder why anyone decided to put it in the lineup

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from yrr

im going to be honest, im the creator of Alloy and the more i’ve learnt about how HL works the more i wonder why anyone decided to put it in the lineup

I’m guessing the thought behind it is as follows:

Gravelpit is an ok map, but one of the points is a throwaway point.
Alloy is sort of like gravelpit, but neither point is a throwaway and you can rotate between A and B with relative ease.

I think last is a bit of a mess though tbh

yrr

Quoted from scrambled

[…]

I’m guessing the thought behind it is as follows:

Alloy is sort of like gravelpit, but neither point is a throwaway and you can rotate between A and B with relative ease.

I think last is a bit of a mess though tbh

thats a pretty fair assessment

i thought about designing another, similar map, but intended for/tested with HL from the start, but some UGC people talked me out of it

Last edited by yrr,

draltoady

EU

Quoted from scrambled

neither point is a throwaway but if blu sends 9 people to either point they’ll win every time assuming there’s a split defense, and seeing as C opens after either is capped, stacking 9 on one point just isn’t an option like it is on gpit

Quoted from yrr

i thought about designing another, similar map, but intended for/tested with HL from the start, but some UGC people talked me out of it

as the “some UGC people” mentioned here, i think it’d be better to say that the “Steelpit” type maps are inherently flawed rather than anything regarding your own mapping ability.

Last edited by draltoady,

yrr

yea i coulda worded that better, by “talked me out of it” i meant “explained why it was a bad idea”

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »