Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Maps

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Goreston

Quoted from Steve!

[…]

I’ll keep in mind the possibility of mixing up maps, it’s definitely doable with the current infrastructure (and quite easily, too).
As for the general feedback, that’s what this thread is here for :D If you’d like to offer some feedback but you’re not comfortable with giving it here, you can message me on steam and relay it directly

Nah, that was pretty much everything.

WML

Personally I feel there should be an extra bridge on the left side of spawn on c to open up the pushing routes as well as having some areas opened on c. C is only really cappable if you managed to spawncamp Red I felt.

Raganos

Alloy: Defending means sitting between a and b waiting for blu to make a move, attacking means to stack onto a point and force a usual push/retake exchange. The flank can annoy a bit by contesting the respective other point, but due to the long cap times, it’s just pointless because red has a ton of time to react.
If one point is capped, the other one is almost worthless as well since c can be contested already and doesn’t take that long to cap. If Red defends c though, blu has to spawncamp to get the point. I wouldn’t like to see it in the season.

Borneo: nice map overall, even though a proper hold on 3rd makes blu wish to have another flank.

Please use ashville, coalplant is a worse version in HL.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Make alloy gravelpit style. At least one of the forward points will have a purpose, and defenders can put a solid defence somewhere.

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Quoted from Spreijer

Make alloy gravelpit style. At least one of the forward points will have a purpose, and defenders can put a solid defence somewhere.

This, or there should be more of an advantage to capping both points like on Steel. When we had the chance to win by capping A and B fast in the test cup, the enemy team managed to make a pretty good A + C hold by using the main lobby.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

For alloy I’d like to see C having a faster cap rate, but a further distance from spawn to A and B, with a forward spawn for capping A and B I think.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6