Forum

for the love of god, ban beggars bazooka

Created 4th November 2015 @ 00:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

VoidTrinity

The thing is with beggars is that it has massive burst damage and mobility once you get used to all the ways you can ultilise it’s unqiue menchanics. However, This is only really useful on KOTH or Payload Offense. As the projectile deviation, lack of pre-loaded rockets and major ammo consumption serverly impact holding flanks or denying players on CP or Payload Defense. Considering soldier is the best for denying or scaring off flanks, it leaves a massive hole in the flank if the soldier is using the beggars as he would constantly have to find ammo or have no rockets pre-loaded giving the enemy atleast a 0.5 second window – in which a scout can kill a soldier – where the flanker can do damage to him, or he may even be dead.

If anyone has used the beggars for a reasonable amount of time, you would notice you get destroyed by scouts 95% of the time if you do not have at least 2 rockets loaded. Also, that the Natascha is the hard-counter to beggars as you mostly take away the mobility that the beggars gives you – if you are spun up already.

With beggars, it’s more so a gamesense rocket launcher then a DM rocket launcher, rewarding placement and timing more then actual DMing skills. This is why people hate it so much, as it’s able to reward somewhat “stupid” plays that are able to pick off the med easily due to lack of communication of where and if the solly is jumping. This is the same reason why to people saying spy is a stupid class, as he can 1 hit all classes – except razorback snipers – without any notice. This however, is countered by communications and saying where the spy is. This is the same way to counter beggars.

There are two main ways to bomb with the beggars: overload jump then release or doing a massive jump and loading rockets while in the air. The former, is harder to counter as you would have less time to react, but so does the soldier. The latter, is easier to counter as you have a longer time to react, but this also gives the soldier more time to either make a rational decision to load 2/3 rockets depending on the height or positioning of the enemy team.

edit: Badwater Overload and Syncs

Last edited by VoidTrinity,

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from Lazybear

And don’t give me this “Hartz is too good with it”. Any prem solly worth their mettle can practice with it for 2 weeks and you’re good to go. The difference is most of those sollies are ashamed of using it.

10/10

I also dont see why people punish the enemy team more if they have such an annoying beggars soldier, like you either flank them because they have no soldier or they need to put more people at flank so your combo has it easier

Last edited by Raptor,

Goreston

Quoted from VoidTrinity

The thing is with beggars is that it has massive burst damage and mobility once you get used to all the ways you can ultilise it’s unqiue menchanics. However, This is only really useful on KOTH or Payload Offense. As the projectile deviation, lack of pre-loaded rockets and major ammo consumption serverly impact holding flanks or denying players on CP or Payload Defense.

I don’t want to express an opinion on the Beggars, but this is a line of argument that needs to die. TF2 is a game that allows you to change your loadout every time you spawn. A weapon only being useful on certain maps, or even only at certain points of certain maps, is not a downside, especially for a class like soldier, where you often make plays with an expectation that it will cost your life.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Lazybear

The difference is most of those sollies are ashamed of using it.

Or maybe because it’s just a worse weapon in general? It’s not like someone like hartz just get’s the medic every single time he jumps, in fact I see him fail his jumps over and over again before he manages to get a good one in, and then there is just a chance he get’s the med.

I wouldn’t want my soldier to use it, because I like not being flanked all the time and not having to have my medic buff him constantly. If it was like you could just use the RL all the time, and then suddenly switch to beggars and instantly get a free pick, then it would be op, but there is a reason why someone like hartz always goes like 20:500, it’s because it doesn’t work like that.

VoidTrinity

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

I don’t want to express an opinion on the Beggars, but this is a line of argument that needs to die. TF2 is a game that allows you to change your loadout every time you spawn. A weapon only being useful on certain maps, or even only at certain points of certain maps, is not a downside, especially for a class like soldier, where you often make plays with an expectation that it will cost your life.

Yes, this is why I run black box/stock for all payload defence with the only exception being upward last where beggars can destroy.

VoidTrinity

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Or maybe because it’s just a worse weapon in general? It’s not like someone like hartz just get’s the medic every single time he jumps, in fact I see him fail his jumps over and over again before he manages to get a good one in, and then there is just a chance he get’s the med.

I wouldn’t want my soldier to use it, because I like not being flanked all the time and not having to have my medic buff him constantly. If it was like you could just use the RL all the time, and then suddenly switch to beggars and instantly get a free pick, then it would be op, but there is a reason why someone like hartz always goes like 20:500, it’s because it doesn’t work like that.

^
Some of the jumps with beggars aren’t easy and result in losing 80ish health, meaning you’re needing another buff keeping the heals from more important classes.

As said before, the stock is the MOST reliable rocket laucher in the game, which can do all of the soldier’s most important jobs rather effectively.

Villdjack

(twisted)
:think:
Nein

For example, HartzFartz, With magnificent bazooka rocket launcher called the beggars bazooka, dominates the Medic. The span of the entire map at high speed, he takes away his unwanted personalities with his triple volley.

Popcorp

There are 2 interesting things about Beggars.

1) It shows dominance in enclosed areas, like Upward last (bottom and upstairs), Badwater (tunnel, maproom), Barnblitz (umm, everywhere), Process (PC/Sewers). Fighting in enclosed areas against beggars soldier is extremely risky, you barely can do anything. It’s also especially good when enemy combo is trying to push from such area, you can perfectly deny whole frontstairs area on Upward last as a beggars Solly, same in the bottom area.

2) Suicide jumps, for Sniper/Medic pick. Works extremely well for Upward first and Badwater 1st and Last. Since you can do really high jump with beggars, you will most likely end up outside of enemy’s vertical FoV.

I think the opposite of Void, Beggars sucks on Offense, unless you’re doing those suicide bombs for important classes, it shines way more on Defense, where you have to stand still and just wait for n00bs to come at you. The only map where you can afford to run beggars full time is Steel (I didnt run Beggars full time on Upward, I swear, it was my item server Kappa ).

Pros and Cons of Beggars
+Better mobility, higher jumps, better Suicide bombs
+Easier fights against a Pyro and SC Engie
+Huge damage output if timed well enough
+Easy area control in enclosed areas
+No reload needed, hence you can shoot without stop multiple people.

-Poor aim (1v1 against jumping scout is painful, almost no airshots :( )
-Bad at longer distances (harder to destroy (mini) sentry)
-Bad in open areas or areas with weird geometry (viaduct middle)
-More reliance on Ammopacks/Dispenser

VoidTrinity

It can work well on defense, I just said it can serverly impact flanks for the reason I said.

Here’s my opnion on what I’d use for PL Defence.

Badwater:
First – Can be run
2nd – Can be run as well, – equal usage as stock
3rd – Rather have stock/black box
4th – If holding map, i’d like reliability of pre-loaded rockets. otherwise holding top of ramp on the hut with beggars.

Upward:
First: stock/black box
2nd: beggars very useful in tunnel, but once out of tunnel, I’d go for stock/black box
3rd: beggars equal footing to stock/black. (beggars can be used to easily spam red’s 1st spawn)
4th: Beggars 90% holding with combo and conch. Stock used for when cart is at the end of the line.

Barnblitz:
1st: stock/black box/beggars viable
2nd: Beggars,beggars,beggars
3rd: rather have stock/black box
4th: unsure

Quoted from Popcorp

I think the opposite of Void, Beggars sucks on Offense, unless you’re doing those suicide bombs for important classes, it shines way more on Defense, where you have to stand still and just wait for n00bs to come at you.

Offense can work well if you’re working together timing bombs or pushes together. example me taking the uber with 3 rockets and jumping behind after, while the demo does addtional damage and takes the remaining uber after me.

Last edited by VoidTrinity,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

heres my opinon for what i use for every point

stock
gunboats
escape plan/whip

add me for mentor sessions

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Muuki

heres my opinon for what i use for every point

stock
gunboats
escape plan/whip

add me for mentor sessions

Didnt you have like 0.3kd in a scrim?
2/5 mentor,dies more than sideshow in viaduct

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

Didnt you have like 0.3kd in a scrim?
2/5 mentor,dies more than sideshow in viaduct

>scrim

wanna hear a joke?
dogs in prem :steammocking:

Pete_

PrettyGay

guys please stay on topic and say something mean about hartz!

hartz noob

Popcorp

Hi guys, Overwatch…

Bye thread

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »