[ETF2L] Scout 1v1 Cup Feedback

Created 11th May 2015 @ 12:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

map is good

hr

I am the worst MGE player in the world and I took a map off nico. Honestly the map just encourages you to play really passive and it just seems pretty bad to me.

I’m not sure how it could be made much better because scout dm to me just seems really one dimensional, but I’ve always thought that of scout MGE anyway so it might not be something which can be fixed with a better map however changes could be made to encourage aggressive play.

Maybe make the small health packs harder to just sit on, maybe make them on a small platform that needs to be climbed or in a ditch that needs to be double jumped out of – something which makes you predictable should you want to take it.

Also the fact that the corridors are so thin is a problem and adds to the camp-ability of the small health pack area.

Last edited by hr,

BRASILGORILA99

Map sucks, having to go around getting medpacks after killing someone and sometimes not being at full hp when they respawn is super anoying, plus camping at healthpacks gives you a height adv and you can even use the wood shit at the side of the maps to go to the next pack if u need it, map simply encourages camping.

Collaide

What hr and skate said. The maps gives an extreme advantage to passive plays. In fact, if you run away from your opponent all the time and grab the small health kits (and shoot him if he gets close), you’ll win ez.

I also agree with R4ndom: the corridors were too small and people ran into you to get a lucky meatshot.

Tournament was fine otherwise.

sorsa

mooz

You won the 1v1 with 10hp left. Good job! The map will reward you now by forcing you to fight the next 1v1 with 80 hp :-)

ondkaja

IKEA

It doesn’t reward passive plays it rewards positional plays, unfortunately the map itself isn’t very deep so your options are limited. However it’s more rewarding to play this map than a regular MGE because you have the ability to win against better opponents by playing positionally.

That said, I think the rules don’t promote aggressive plays. First to 20 will never give an incentive to speed up the game to get momentum. Should be reguilar Quake rules, mp_timelimit 10 and mp_winlimit 0 so that you play against the time and have to go a bit more aggressive to get that frag back.

Kaneco

Quoted from sorsa

You won the 1v1 with 10hp left. Good job! The map will reward you now by forcing you to fight the next 1v1 with 80 hp :-)

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from ondkaja

It doesn’t reward passive plays it rewards positional plays, unfortunately the map itself isn’t very deep so your options are limited. However it’s more rewarding to play this map than a regular MGE because you have the ability to win against better opponents by playing positionally.

That said, I think the rules don’t promote aggressive plays. First to 20 will never give an incentive to speed up the game to get momentum. Should be reguilar Quake rules, mp_timelimit 10 and mp_winlimit 0 so that you play against the time and have to go a bit more aggressive to get that frag back.

I am definitely considering the 10 minute timelimit for next time. It has been suggested many times.

About the map – it is a hard call to make. In my personal opinion, it’s far too removed from an actual match to have HPs replenished during kills. In a real game, it can be any other class that finished you off while you’re on 10hp. Health packs are a lot more scarce and far apart too.

I do understand some of the points. I had a go myself at playing the map and I spent a good minute playing “chase the other scout around boxes”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2