Forum

[ETF2L] Scout 1v1 Cup Feedback

Created 11th May 2015 @ 12:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Group stage is now over at last! Congratulations to those who emerged top 2 in their groups. Fixtures will be released shortly once people get around to verifying their matches *cough cough hint hint*

I would like to hear what you think about the cup so far. What is good? What went horribly wrong? Would you sign up again for Scout 1v1 Cup #3? Will people ever turn up to their matches?

An example of a suggestion I’ve heard a lot:

– Timelimit of 10 mins

We look forward to the knockout stages next week!

Clark

SDCK!

About the map: blu side has a slight advantage as you can see a red player through water more clearly than if it was the other way around.

Also, I’ve noticed that some players have warping problems but only on this map regardless of the server, which is weird. Perhaps someone else might have an explanation.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Clark

About the map: blu side has a slight advantage as you can see a red player through water more clearly than if it was the other way around.

You should almost equally as well distinguish a blu player in the water so I wouldn’t consider it an advantage.

Kaneco

please dont ever use this aids map again for a scout cup

Long ass respawn times, bugs and exploits with respawn (if you change loadout), you are put naturally at a disadvantage if you win a round and dont manage to collect all health packs…

MGE is way for fitting for scout vs scout, even dm_duel_v2…

Herr_P

IKEA

Fuck the haters, the map is mad fun

Funs

Quoted from Herr_P

Fuck the haters, the map is mad fun

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Mixed opinions it seems :D

R4ndom

Devon

The map was really fun to play at.

The stuttering problem isn’t the map’s fault, if you have fps_max 0, you will hit 1000 most likely, which is the biggest issue with Source Engine. It basically brainfarts when it hits anything above 999fps. To fix this, just cap ur fps at 999 (fps_max “999”).

One thing that I found that was extremely annoying was that since the map is extremely small, people can just walk into you and hope for a meatshot, I think that if the corridors would’ve been a little bit bigger, the map could’ve worked better in terms of how fluid the gameplay is at the moment.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Would´ve liked to play BO3 even in the group stage cause at least I (and many others I guess) scheduled my games whenever so there´d be enough time for that. Even if you start at the default time there´d be enough time~

Hallow

P.O.P

i aint good at formats but something other than groups where theres an incentive to play all your matches is preferable

Yggdrasil

Fe |

i liked the map and playing around the healthpacks. i have some kinda of aquaphobia in tf2 but it wasnt as bad on this map.
Id be interested in how things would go if both players would start with full health again after each kill like in mge though, while keeping the healthpacks & the map.

Yggdrasil

Fe |

Quoted from Clark

Also, I’ve noticed that some players have warping problems but only on this map regardless of the server, which is weird. Perhaps someone else might have an explanation.

Those “warping problems” might’ve very well been people who abused changing loadout to respawn with full health. which will result in changing spawns, thus warping you around the maps. i’ve seen a couple of ppl trying to bullshit me “ughgh im lagging & teleporting” yeah right you just teleported and regained 97hp, sure.

Maxi

BRIT

BO3 is bad

Should just stick to 1 round until semis or something idk

BO3 in early rounds almost feels like it drags on, as it seems there’s a clear winner by the 1st round.

Also if the map respawned you both to the same position, otherwise you’re running about with 60 health after you get a kill

Last edited by Maxi,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Maxi

BO3 is bad

Should just stick to 1 round until semis or something idk

Why do you think so?

damneasy

Map was actually kinda fun

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »