Forum

reputation section for teams

Created 17th February 2014 @ 15:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

nevier

hey there,

i thought about a section (maybe at the bottom of the team site) where team leaders from other teams can write things such as “was fun to scrim against” or “official went well”.

the good thing about this would basically be an inducement for other teams to be nice in scrims and official as i saw a lot of teams not doing so. (yes i already shittalked in chat as well but i got punished by my teamleader for doing so)

it was just an idea that came to me while raging about a team that treated us very bad when we scrimmed against them.

yeah thats basically it. excited for the communitys thoughts.
– nevier

Cuttlefish

6v6

Would need moderation, and a lot of extra work, for something which isn’t really necessary. Good idea in theory, but does anyone really have that much spare time?

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from nevier

the good thing about this would basically be an inducement for other teams to be nice in scrims and official as i saw a lot of teams not doing so.

Always be nice to everybody.

At least that works for me. :)
“Trollish” people usually start behaving when you stay calm and friendly.
Of course, there are some mad people around, but try not to care too much about them. That’s just how they are, I guess.

Last edited by Marf,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Do people check team pages on etf2l when scrimming? I think almost all of TF2’s games are found via IRC without etf2l being involved at all.

ash

(Legend)
:D

I don’t think it would work out the way you imagine. As stated by cuttlefish, the moderation effort would be tremendous – with little to no pay-off.

I also don’t think you should care about shittalking opponents – learn to deal with it, some way or another. While you can choose your opponents to a certain degree in scrims, you can’t not play officials because you dont like the opponents, can you? I personally just disable chat when I am playing against shittalking/bind spamming people and just keep my communication with them to a minimum – and instead focus on my own team.

After all – nothing is more annoying to them than to be just ignored.

Last edited by ash,

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

And yet trolls could write: “LOL BAD NERDS” “CANT BELIEVE YOU DAT DIV” etc. And what Sideshow said. I guess you can just add a player from the other team after a scrim if they are polite etc to play them again.

Max

Fusion

It really seems like a good idea, but the execution of this idea will be hard. You can’t deal with all. Everyone on this ETF2L community has at least shit talked someone privately or publicly. So don’t expect incredible/great results. Though I do like your idea.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ash

effort would be tremendous – with little to no pay-off

If that was a valid argument, etf2l would not exist :p

Popcorp

Restrict it to Team leader/Creator only then, if people afraid of trolls, if leader says something stupid, like “LOL LUCKY, WOULD BE EZ WIN IF DEMO HAD GUT PING” then he just shows how stupid HE is…

So yeah, this is a good idea, and can we please get an update for recruitment posts? i want to look for 6v6 and HL team at the same time, but im restricted only to 6v6 OR HL, i want to look for team for both gamemodes, but in rec. post i can choose between HL or 6v6, please make a combined one, 6v6/HL

Hot

Quoted from nevier

(yes i already shittalked in chat as well but i got punished by my teamleader for doing so)

What kind of punishment?? we all want to know! Did he spank you? food privation? locked in the basement? please tell me

Last edited by Hot,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Popcorp

Restrict it to Team leader/Creator only then

and what’s going to stop anyone making their own team? ;)

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Sideshow

Do people check team pages on etf2l when scrimming? I think almost all of TF2’s games are found via IRC without etf2l being involved at all.

If you check OP’s team history, it’s only HL – and HL scrims are generally found by adding team leaders from the same div, so you’ll usually end up looking at their team page at some point.

nevier

Quoted from Hot

Quoted from nevier

(yes i already shittalked in chat as well but i got punished by my teamleader for doing so)

What kind of punishment?? we all want to know! Did he spank you? food privation? locked in the basement? please tell me

he drove to my house, punched me and drove away

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I like this idea, I know of teams that always check out pcw opponents on etf2l so having a list of crap or nice to look at would make those types very happy indeed.

Obviously open to pictures of cocks and abuse but I think we can handle that as a community…oh wait, no…no we can’t.

BAD IDEA, DO NOT WANT!

Useless

TC.Noobas

Does TF2 teams really live long enough to build up a reputation? Majoritiy of the teams tend to disband after a season and then regroup the next one with a slightly altered roster under a different team name and different team page.

Just sounds like a lot of work for little gain as mention by others.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »