Forum

[6v6 NC 2013] Feedback Thread.

Created 29th June 2013 @ 21:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

This thread is mainly about wether cp_metalworks should be used to see if it is possibly viable for Season 16, if cp_granary should be used and not introduce a “new” map on such short notice or if there are any other options you see that could work.
Feel free to also share general feedback.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

if using the NA ruleset, can both not be played?

edit: if not, metalworks for granary. metalworks seems quicker (until you get to last where NA don’t push)

Last edited by numlocked,

loksly

TBNC

What’s the point of adding metalworks in an EU nations cup? Giving american a free map?
We haven’t played this map in any regular season with our teams and you expect us to play it in a mix of players from the same country?

I find it totally senseless.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from loksly

What’s the point of adding metalworks in an EU nations cup? Giving american a free map?
We haven’t played this map in any regular season with our teams and you expect us to play it in a mix of players from the same country?

I find it totally senseless.

Yeah the idea is to give the american team a free map…
I find this argument totally senseless. In addition to that, this is not the EU nations cup, this is the nations cup for basically every country (otherwise the USA, Pakistan, Canada etc would not be allowed obviously)
The idea is to see if metalworks could be a viable option for Season 16 for example. There have always been voices that wanted metalworks in etf2l, they have not been as demanding as the voices that demanded process back then, but still. It is pretty much accepted in ESEA as far as I can tell. So it might be worth giving a shot. Especially since there wont be any time between the Nations Cup and Season 16 to have any cup for it at all.

AnimaL

why dont you place metalworks in prem playoff to see if its good map eh?

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from AnimaL

why dont you place metalworks in prem playoff to see if its good map eh?

Because we’re not going to change maps in a running competetion. :)

loksly

TBNC

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
Yeah the idea is to give the american team a free map…
I find this argument totally senseless. In addition to that, this is not the EU nations cup, this is the nations cup for basically every country (otherwise the USA, Pakistan, Canada etc would not be allowed obviously)
The idea is to see if metalworks could be a viable option for Season 16 for example. There have always been voices that wanted metalworks in etf2l, they have not been as demanding as the voices that demanded process back then, but still. It is pretty much accepted in ESEA as far as I can tell. So it might be worth giving a shot. Especially since there wont be any time between the Nations Cup and Season 16 to have any cup for it at all.

Still, I don’t find a good idea to put this map in this cup for two reasons:
1) As I said, NA team will have some advantage over the rest teams since they’ve already played this map in ESEA.
2) Imho, it’s better to try this map with league teams rather than national teams, since the last ones are mixes of people from the same country. If there’s not enough time between nations cup and season 16 then you shouldn’t try to add it next season, it would be better to add pro granary which has been requested too.

Btw, instead of EU nations cup, I wanted to say it was a nations cup organised by etf2l, an european league.

Zebbosai

Why take out granary for a map we have never played? just dont understand it pls keep granary most of theese teams are gonna be mixes

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Even for the next season I’d like to see both granary and metalworks in there. Granary isn’t that slow, there are tonnes of ways to push it and the american ruleset will go a long way to breaking 2nd/mid stalemates probably. Metalworks looks like a promising new map too, just have them both.

kalhó

MM
Nave

If s16 was to be with NA ruleset wouldn’t more maps be needed anyway?

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from loksly

1) As I said, NA team will have some advantage over the rest teams since they’ve already played this map in ESEA.

The NA team would probably win because of that. Makes lots of sense.
Quoted from loksly

2) Imho, it’s better to try this map with league teams rather than national teams, since the last ones are mixes of people from the same country. If there’s not enough time between nations cup and season 16 then you shouldn’t try to add it next season, it would be better to add pro granary which has been requested too.

I contacted Mark, because the first idea was to get granary_proest, but it seems he abandoned the idea.
Quoted from kalhó

If s16 was to be with NA ruleset wouldn’t more maps be needed anyway?

Not necessarily.

kaidus

WiK?

1. Why are there 2 maps for standard games if it’s NA rules? A game could last 2 hours or more not including pauses/breaks. Not to mention the fact that on average nations teams play far, far less than regular teams so why not seize the opportunity to allow them to only focus on one map per week? It’s not compulsory to blast through every map in the pool in 3 weeks, the vast majority of the competition will be the play-offs so you’ll still see plenty of variety.

2. What is the reason it has to be either granary or metalworks, why can’t both be in? I assume to keep an even number of maps but that seems entirely unnecessary for the reasons above, and even if you insist on 2 maps per week then why not just introduce metalworks there and have granary as an option in the play-offs?

Last edited by kaidus,

aura

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
The NA team would probably win because of that. Makes lots of sense.

Why not let them win? Is there a problem with that?

Last edited by aura,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

The NC is a decent moment to see how metalworks plays, I have no problem with that, but changing the schedule to 1-map matchweeks like kaidus suggested is way way better. Allows teams to focus and makes it easier to get pcws.

Last edited by skeej,

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from kaidus

1. Why are there 2 maps for standard games if it’s NA rules? A game could last 2 hours or more not including pauses/breaks. Not to mention the fact that on average nations teams play far, far less than regular teams so why not seize the opportunity to allow them to only focus on one map per week? It’s not compulsory to blast through every map in the pool in 3 weeks, the vast majority of the competition will be the play-offs so you’ll still see plenty of variety.

The playoffs could potentially last 3+ hours, so 2+ hours shouldnt really be a problem.
The problem is that we cannot have teams play each other twice in a single competetion from the technical side, thats why we chose the 2 map approach for now.
Might be worth overthinking.

Quoted from kaidus

2. What is the reason it has to be either granary or metalworks, why can’t both be in? I assume to keep an even number of maps but that seems entirely unnecessary for the reasons above, and even if you insist on 2 maps per week then why not just introduce metalworks there and have granary as an option in the play-offs?

Granary seems to be the map most people want to get rid of, so the idea was, instead of reducing the map pool, just swap it out for another that might be worth having a look at. It’s not so much about even or uneven numbers. 6 maps seemed like a good number genereally and in recent seasons. You’ve also given a potential answer to that yourself, national teams dont play that often, so they dont have a lot of time to properly prepare for each and every map.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »