Forum

[6v6 NC 2013] Feedback Thread.

Created 29th June 2013 @ 21:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

caeli

#T4F

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND MILLION OF NOES.
#FREEGRANARY.
#GRANARYBESTMAP.
#GetRidOfMetalworks.

People hate it because THEY DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT.
People must learn.

Last edited by caeli,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from caeli

People hate it because THEY DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT.
People must learn.

people often say this, but when asked how to play it they never respond
teach me the ways of granary

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
people often say this, but when asked how to play it they never respond
teach me the ways of granary

It’s really simple, people say it’s boring —-> ¿Don’t park the bus?
Really, all the granary matches I have played ended up with scores like 6-6, 5-4, 5-3, and then we have process/snake which always end with scores such as 0-1, 2-1…

Granary is faster than process or snakewater, as it is.

Last edited by caeli,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from caeli

It’s really simple, people say it’s boring —-> ¿Don’t park the bus?
Really, all the granary matches I have played ended up with scores like 6-6, 5-4, 5-3, and then we have process/snake which always end with scores such as 0-1, 2-1…

Granary is faster than process or snakewater, as it is.

I dont park the bus and granary is still slow as fuck
help

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
I dont park the bus and granary is still slow as fuck
help

If you get wiped on middle, defend last. / If you wipe them, prepare to push last. (sorry, in this case, was still slow for you?)

You may wanna have a scout capping middle and the other second when you wipe them? so you earn 1 minute of death in granary ;D

Or maybe I should give you a demo of me playing granary so you see it’s not that hard to be fast.

Serious: The problem is when you don’t want to push middle to second if they only have 1 down or you expect them to push you to a middle with equal ubers. (which is ridiculous)

Last edited by caeli,

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from caeli

[…]

If you get wiped on middle, defend last. / If you wipe them, prepare to push last. (sorry, in this case, was still slow for you?)

You may wanna have a scout capping middle and the other second when you wipe them? so you earn 1 minute of death in granary.

which map does that strategy not apply to?

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

which map does that strategy not apply to?

You may wanna know when to retreat (???)
People say it’s harder to retreat in granary, I mean, REALLY????

Last edited by caeli,

Zebbosai

dont get why people wanna play this metalwork but dont get rid of granary if u are gonna take in metalwork keep them both

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from Zebbosai

dont get why people wanna play this metalwork but dont get rid of granary if u are gonna take in metalwork keep them both

enough said.

Last edited by caeli,

replacing granary sounds good, the worst map in the map pool by far

Zebbosai

Quoted from cookye

replacing granary sounds good, the worst map in the map pool by far

This guy is stupid dont listen to him :D

Leif

I personally dont usually like Granary neither to play nor to watch, but replacing it with a map that almost no one played before (I guess most Prem/div1 players did, but no one else) is pointless. Either add Metalworks and keep granary too or replace Granary with another map that everyone has played already in past (Gravelpit anyone?) or just remove Granary and play those 5 maps.

So||o Wo|o

BESTIⱯS

Granary is far better at the moment, it’s always been there although it’s not considered even good map though it’s a part of the stock and classic maps. On the other hand, I never even suspected that Nations Cup was a experimental cup. Nevertheless i’d like to play metalworks more likely in a ONC during this long summer than a top skill mix called countries, just like happened to process a year ago

konr

Quoted from Leif

I personally dont usually like Granary neither to play nor to watch, but replacing it with a map that almost no one played before (I guess most Prem/div1 players did, but no one else) is pointless. Either add Metalworks and keep granary too or replace Granary with another map that everyone has played already in past (Gravelpit anyone?) or just remove Granary and play those 5 maps.

If anything prem/div1 has played less of it because they’re more focused on the maps in the season rather than some random map from overseas. Lower divs actually have new map doublemixes and shit like that where as the high divs don’t, and even then both levels of skill have probably played this map very very few times if at all.

Leif

Quoted from konr

[…]If anything prem/div1 has played less of it because they’re more focused on the maps in the season rather than some random map from overseas. Lower divs actually have new map doublemixes and shit like that where as the high divs don’t, and even then both levels of skill have probably played this map very very few times if at all.

Well, that may be true as well.
I still think that high divs players have played NA maps more than low divs have, just because of the fact of them being more keen on the NA scene and on what makes the game more competive and more enjoyable, whereas I can tell you that most people I know dont like trying new maps (and those who do are div 3+ mostly).

Not that it does really matter, the point is still that introducing a new map for the Nation Cup is a bit messy.

If we want to try it the best way would be to do it for S16 and tell it in advice so we have summer to practise on mixes or pickups (it’s summer but I bet people wont be on vacation for 3 months I hope, in case fuck you).

Last edited by Leif,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »