Forum

[HL S2] Unlock Feedback

Created 29th January 2012 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

Yes it has the ability to two shot light classes but i really don’t think it happens that much…

thats down to the fact that the given spy sucks at aiming. the actual weapon is capable of 2 shotting, essentially giving the spy the firepower of a slow scout, and yes it has happened many times in our games. Its a straight upgrade from the revolver, good its banned.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

I’m also against spycicle and enforcer and I play the friggin’ spy! At least now before Valve has nerfed them in official TF2. I’d love to see these restrictions in season 2.

Currently the enforcer has no downsides with dead ringer, so surprise that it feels kinda overpowered. All dead ringer spies are using enforcer now.

Spycicle’s drawbacks are also quite nox-existing as spies are not usually stabbing when they are on fire.

Dead ringer should never be banned. It opened spying a lot, making more tactics available. However, there are many places where other watches are better. For example, dead ringing when pushing for Gravel Pit’s point C is quite horrible.

Also, thanks for taking Upland. I love these Steel type maps. We played one test match in that map and it was great. Confusing in the beginning, but so was Steel when you played it for the first time.
Will be great to be played in official HL.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

Beef

Dawson

Fly through of upland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehdWFqc6hE

It’s basically the same map as steel with different capture points and a bit opened up.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Linus

[…]

thats down to the fact that the given spy sucks at aiming. the actual weapon is capable of 2 shotting, essentially giving the spy the firepower of a slow scout, and yes it has happened many times in our games. Its a straight upgrade from the revolver, good its banned.

But to two shot you have to be in close range? So its not like your being sniped from across the map?
And the Reserve Shooter is capable of one hitting but its not banned?

Quoted from SabaSaba

Dead ringer should never be banned. It opened spying a lot, making more tactics available. However, there are many places where other watches are better. For example, dead ringing when pushing for Gravel Pit’s point C is quite horrible.

But if you wanna see true spy variation in play then you should ban it just for one cup to see what would happen. And yes every watch is good in a certain situation but the thing i would say a majority of spy plays will turn to the dead ringer before using CnD or Invis.

Would be good to see a different type of cup where more things were banned to force people to try out new weapons and new tactic and make people rethink maps and tactics.

Also nice to see other maps being used. Looking forward to seeing Barnblitz hoping its not too much of a stalemate.

Last edited by Jazz,

pala4

But not sure about the enforcer. yes its a strong weapon but after s1 of the HL season i really don’t think its that strong. Its not a game changer for me and shouldn’t be banned.

seems like you havent played against good spies who just run around and shoot their pistols instead of backstabbing
the only weapon i want to be banned, not sure about machine yet

Last edited by pala4,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from pala4

[…]
seems like you havent played against good spies who just run around and shoot their pistols instead of backstabbing
the only weapon i want to be banned, not sure about machine yet

your right i haven’t maybe played against the best spies. But i’ve played against Hurri, colony and may contain nuts to name a few and i don’t remember seeing their spies just gun running. A spy (i feel) loses all of its key features if you do that.

Vanillander ftw

atmo

Quoted from TurboTabs

Can the admins explain reasoning for banning the Philogistinator?

Not appealing for its return but I can’t understand why it’s placed up there with the other major offenders.

the Phlog is poorly optimized and kills your FPS unless you have a good PC

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

enforcer ban is pretty much justified.

spycicle ban is probably unnecessary since its shit anyway (apart from when there aren’t pyros around so its a straight upgrade, but this is HL, so go figure)

Quoted from TurboTabs

Can the admins explain reasoning for banning the Philogistinator?

Not appealing for its return but I can’t understand why it’s placed up there with the other major offenders.

goes from taking the most skillful/useful part of pyro away, to giving it crits and (near) invulnerability so you HAVE to w+m1. Any reason why it wouldnt be banned?

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Quoted from FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

spycicle ban is probably unnecessary since its shit anyway (apart from when there aren’t pyros around so its a straight upgrade, but this is HL, so go figure)

Why do you think it is shit?

Let me quote the tf2 wiki “If the Spy is hit by fire with the spycicle weapon active, it will melt and instantly extinguish the Spy while rendering him immune to any further fire and afterburn for 2 seconds. The effect is fast enough that a Cloaked Spy will remain undamaged and undetected even under point-blank Flamethrower fire, only taking damage from the first flame particle”

And again, the other drawback is quite minimal, as a spy you usually ain’t stabbing when you are on fire.

So dead ringer+enforcer+cicle is extremely good. You can escape from almost every situation.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

if you use the spycicle against a pyro, it means you are gunning him down. You should be able to do that anyway if you can at all, especially with the enforcer, and with the DR you dont have to worry about the afterburn if you can kill him.

And maybe you dont stab many people while on fire, but it removes all reliability of stabs on a pyro (whether hes chasing you, and you’re on fire or not), which is one of the things that keeps me alive the most when being chased. Either a ‘trickstab’ on someone, or the threat or one.

I can understand its use with the IW, especially since you can stay cloaked for the entire 15 secs if need be. But, the Dr. Enforcicle ‘set’ is only good because of the enforcer, which is the main reason people hate it so much.

effectively it becomes a question of, “How confident are you at avoiding/taking out their pyro, and would you rather stay alive a little more, or be more effective”

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

MrLate;

There is no reliability of stabs on a pyro that has seen you. 99% of cases if you are on fire you are not gonna stab a pyro.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

certainly isnt 99% of the time, but w/e. Cba discussing on etf2l.

s3

Spycicle is dumb in its very core. Giving the spy a hard counter (with no real drawbacks!) to pyros is just… wat. It’s like giving the heavy a headshot/backstab counter without drawbacks. It’s dumb, overpowered and should be banned.

yonus

[hePPa]

When you activate DR while fighting a pyro you end being on fire. You are essentially invulnerable but you are not invisible so you can be chased down and killed by any class. Whether or not you die depends on whether you get chased down or not. Considering the situation where you do get chased down, you are almost certainly going to die. You can also get your escape denied by airblasting while on fire and DR’d because you are visible.

What the spycicle does is deny the possibility of being chased down because you won’t catch fire and, thus, will remain invisible in addition to being invulnerable. The pyro has to predict your direction of escape because if you get too far it will be too late to catch up as pyro and spy have the same run speed. Two seconds of fire protection is long enough to allow that. It is highly likely that you will live in this situation no matter what happened before you activated DR when before it was simply a matter of anyone nearby having the time to chase you down or the pyro having ammo to keep you airblasted.

Spycicle combined with DR increases a spy’s survivability by a ridiculous amount with essentially zero drawbacks as catching fire with any watch usually means dying within 15 seconds (DR giving you 8 extra seconds of life) and being dead pretty much disallows backstabbing.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 10 Next »