Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 61 Next »

crouton

LEGO

I want to make a case for mat_fullbright 1.

There are no hiding spots in TF2 based on ligthing. All fullbright does is make the world flat and I don’t know of any way this is abusable. Anyone know of any ways to abuse fullbright 1 or reasons it shouldn’t be allowed?

AnAkkk

Maybe r_drawothermodels 2 and host_timescale 10 should be allowed as well. Anyone against?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from crouton

There are no hiding spots in TF2 based on ligthing.

It’s not about hiding in darkness, it’s about your eye’s ability to perceive things. No way anybody’s ever gonna allow fullbright in this game.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from AnAkkk

Maybe r_drawothermodels 2 and host_timescale 10 should be allowed as well. Anyone against?

sure lets make this an official speedhack

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

in dllmain.cpp under UnlockVar( "viewmodel_fov_demo" ); add UnlockVar( "particle_timescale" ); and recompile. I’ll wait for some more feedback to make sure this cannot be abused maliciously before adding it officially.

Thankfully Casual told us how to abuse this plugin before checking if it could be abused.

Seriously, how will etf2l handle this? Allow everything? Ban Openplugin?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Thankfully Casual told us how to abuse this plugin before checking if it could be abused

to be fair it has been open source from the beginning. it matters little whether casual tells you how source works here or if you find it elsewhere..

as for it being allowed, I’m not going to speak on the league’s behalf on this subject

AnAkkk

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Thankfully Casual told us how to abuse this plugin before checking if it could be abused.

You know, it’s quite easy to find the same information with just google (unfortunately).

Setsul

Of course you can find it on google or just programm it yourself, but it gets alot easier if there´s a plugin (+instructions) available that does all the stuff (-insecure bypass, unlocking the cvars).

Darn

rockit like

apparently the command doesnt exists anymore. blaah, I am still bitter Anakin that you snitched it to valve.

Arcticcu

Casual, can you make open source triggerbot as well and post it here, as long as we’re fine with this kind of stuff?

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

VAC ban wave / ETF2L banning plugins / Valve ‘mad’ in 3..2…

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

[…]

If you read the source properly editing cvars like that will get you banned within 5 minutes on 90% of the pub servers out there. The knowledge to bypass this is not shared any where in the source code. I’m just warning people here so that they don’t needlessly get banned.

EDIT: Someone called me out on the 90% figure (which is wrong :)
134 pages of 10 servers each for smac_version: http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?search_by=server_variable&search_by2=smac_version&query=&loc=_all&sort=&order=
649 pages of 10 servers each total amount of tf2 servers: http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/
478 pages of 10 servers each who run metamod: http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?search_by=server_variable&search_by2=metamod_version&query=&loc=_all&sort=&order=
449 pages of 10 servers each who run sourcemod: http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?search_by=server_variable&search_by2=sourcemod_version&query=&loc=_all&sort=&order=
That’s 20% of ALL servers (including valve servers and localhosted ones that get added to the master)
And 28% of servers running metamod and 30% running sourcemod.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this topic came up.

Quoted from Arcticcu

Casual, can you make open source triggerbot as well and post it here, as long as we’re fine with this kind of stuff?

As said before, it is not trivial to add these cheating features without significant more knowledge. Pub admins can already prevent people from using certain features (using a ConVar checker) that doesn’t require them to ban people. I’ve even removed some references to hiding behaviour from the source code (that was previously commented out) at the request of the RocketBlast admin.

EDIT: ‘basehooks’ (this is full source code of which you can easily make new hacks with) already exists for tf2, please google around.

Last edited by Casual,

Setsul

So everyone is forced to use smac/similar plugins or basically expect having to play against cheaters, because everyone should be able to unlock host_timescale and stuff?
Sounds great.
No, it´s not hard to install some anti-cheat plugins, it´s just impossible to force everyone to play on your server.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

So everyone is forced to use smac/similar plugins or basically expect having to play against cheaters, because everyone should be able to unlock host_timescale and stuff?
Sounds great.

Yes? There’s lots of ways to sniff out cheating behaviour because the developers are careless. It doesn’t help that Valve in most cases just doesn’t give a damn. VAC only works up to a certain extent.

Setsul

Well it just would have been a lot easier if not everyone in this league knew about how to abuse this plugin. People are lazy and most of them have no c++ knowledge.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 61 Next »