Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 61 Next »

Arcticcu

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Do you actually think changing FOV within a range of 75 – 130 as opposed to 75 – 90 constitutes as cheating?

Setting FOV to 130 doesn’t magically grant you greater accuracy, nor do you instantaniously aquire exceptional movement skills. You see more of the observable game world at the cost of the objects in view appearing smaller than they would in FOV 90.

What he or you thinks is irrelevant. What valve thinks is very relevant. Maybe you should check their definition on cheating which has been quoted in this topic already.

rarecandy

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]

What he or you thinks is irrelevant. What valve thinks is very relevant. Maybe you should check their definition on cheating which has been quoted in this topic already.

You mean this?

Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat

I don’t think that tells us anything whether or not valve thinks higher fov is an advantage.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]

If Openplugin fits the definition of cheating (meaning you consider that someone using FOV 130 has a clear advantage over someone using FOV 90, heck lets throw in picmip and transparant viewmodels aswell), then why are there no vacbans?

Is this Valve’s version of making Blashemy illegal?

And what about the hardware advantages this creates, someone using a monitor with 16:9 would see more of the game world than players using 16:10 or 4:3, or people using custom resolutions to increase their FOV.

cute nut

Drunk

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

If Openplugin fits the definition of cheating (meaning you consider that someone using FOV 130 has a clear advantage over someone using FOV 90, heck lets throw in picmip and transparant viewmodels aswell), then why are there no vacbans?

And what about the hardware advantages this creates, someone using a monitor with 16:9 would see more of the game world than players using 16:10 or 4:3, or people using custom resolutions to increase their FOV.

Dont forget the people who use a decent mouse or headset etc etc

Sheepsi

SOAS

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903239049171193617/D327E5CCE4C823D0F76EE76F6E344BB95470EB0C/
someone knows how to fix not able to see dominations and shit?

Arcticcu

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Since when was screen a third party program?

That’s clearly talking about software designed to give you an advantage. Yes, higher fov is an advantage. The advantage of higher fov is seeing more stuff on screen. Sure, what you see is also smaller, but hey, the disadvantage of speedhacking is that you’ll have less chance of hitting anything. Just to be clear, I’m not claiming that it’s as severe as aimbotting or speedhacking, of course it’s not, but it does give you an advantage over other players, which valve clearly didn’t intend you to have.

What is the problem with admitting that it gives you an advantage? Obviously it does, as otherwise it would be used by nobody. As for valve not vac banning for it, I don’t know what’s up with that, since according to their own rules it IS a cheat. However people complaining about RB banning people for it is beyond retarded.

maukkaaa

Quoted from Sheepsi

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903239049171193617/D327E5CCE4C823D0F76EE76F6E344BB95470EB0C/

but pic mip back to normal

maukkaaa

Quoted from Sheepsi

put pic mip back to normal

Last edited by maukkaaa,

envy

Quoted from Arcticcu

since according to their own rules it IS a cheat.

Your interpretation of their own rules (read: what you think) is irrelevant.

rd6

anyone know what servers this works for? I know it works for sv_pure 0 but are there any servers that block plugins?

taking precautions so I don’t get vac’d hehehehe

profix

FLANK

Quoted from rd6

anyone know what servers this works for? I know it works for sv_pure 0 but are there any servers that block plugins?

Every server. Well, you’ll get banned for a month on the rocketblast servers if you use it on there, but other than that..

Last edited by profix,

space ranger

XD

AnimaL

Quoted from rd6

Dont play on vac servers if you dont want vac ban, playing on any vac server will make you a risk of beeing banned. That beeing said, no one yet has been banned for using this(other than few ppl from dumb pub)

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Well that went better than expected… I contacted lwf about the RocketBlast bans and we appear to have come to an agreement; they’ll use SMAC to autokick people for having fov_desired outside the normal valid range (no bans or manual checking required) and I won’t hide the plugin’s activities.
http://pastebin.com/MwKMZGhS

To any other admins who wish to do the same thing, install SMAC and add this to your server.cfg:
smac_addcvar fov_desired between kick 75 90

audi1234

can we get vac banned after the updates yesterday

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 61 Next »