Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 78 79 80 ... 116 Next »

Federal-Foe

As far as I am aware, that’s not true.

“On December 22, 2005, Valve released a 64-bit version of the Source game engine that theoretically takes advantage of x86-64 processor-based systems running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista x64, or Windows Server 2008 x64. This update, delivered via Steam, enabled Half-Life 2 and other Source-based games to run natively on 64 bit processors, bypassing the 32-bit compatibility layer. Gabe Newell, one of the founders of Valve, stated that this is “an important step in the evolution of our game content and tools,” and that the game benefits greatly from the update.”

PWND

Damn, TF2 is from the same engine so that should run in 64 bits too? Never seen that though :|

Nobody says that. Anybody who says that is an idiot, and I’ve not even heard morons claim that sort of crap.

I believe it’s Acer that has this “64bit for gaming” caption on their highly overpriced craprigs that do look awesome. But the looks are all that’s good about ‘m. :D

octochris

(0v0)

Either way, the point to be made is that the vast majority of performance increases to be found in such situations are to do with the amounts of addressable memory, not the architecture.

Thread back on topic now, thanks.

gyanny

hey chris, i’ve been using your tf2restore script and it’s really useful; i was wondering what’s the file in the tf folder that keeps the settings of your tf2 ingame server browser/finder, such as not displaying map pictures, so i can put it in the config folder and it will be remembered everytime i run the script

revanxp

Quoted from gyanny

user.scr?

AnimaL

u can try 64bit timedemo urself with half life: lost cost and some launch option that ive forgotten

bottom line, as expected – no increase in fps, bcs as chris already said the 64bit only gives advantage if u use large ammounts of memory, which isnt required in todays source engine games

gyanny

Quoted from revanxp

[…]
user.scr?

no, my user.scr is empty+read only but still the game memorizes my server finder layout before running tf2restore again

i’m assuming it’s some file in tf folder?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from gyanny

[…]

no, my user.scr is empty+read only but still the game memorizes my server finder layout before running tf2restore again

i’m assuming it’s some file in tf folder?

afaik, it’s stored in the cloud.

Lj

pH.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

afaik, it’s stored in the cloud.

I don’t think it is, when I switched to a different computer it was empty.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Lj

[…]
I don’t think it is, when I switched to a different computer it was empty.

You may have steam cloud sync turned off. Also the whole favourite servers thing is a bit bugged. Sometimes it doesn’t remember a server I added a few days ago etc..

But it’s definitely stored in the steam cloud.

gyanny

i completely disabled the steam cloud support though

what i mean is that it’s something that was memorized even before the implementation of the steam cloud so the settings must be stored somewhere else in the team fortress 2 folder that is deleted when you run the script.. not a big deal but yeah, would be nice to know :>

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from gyanny

i completely disabled the steam cloud support though

what i mean is that it’s something that was memorized even before the implementation of the steam cloud so the settings must be stored somewhere else in the team fortress 2 folder that is deleted when you run the script.. not a big deal but yeah, would be nice to know :>

There used to be a file called “favourites.scr” if my memory serves correctly. When Cloud got implemented they moved it.

Starlight

Server browser settings are in

team fortress 2/platform/config/serverbrowser.vdf

favourites are in the cloud afaik, although you can find them in
C:/Program Files/Steam/userdata

AnimaL

chris cfg for css is win

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d3a7d5114371470
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f0f292114371576

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

chris cfg for css is win

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d3a7d5114371470
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f0f292114371576

it’s

*sunglasses*

in the cloud

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

gyanny

Quoted from Starlight

Server browser settings are in

team fortress 2/platform/config/serverbrowser.vdf

favourites are in the cloud afaik, although you can find them in
C:/Program Files/Steam/userdata

chris, is your tf2restore script able to place the file in that folder when run?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 78 79 80 ... 116 Next »