Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 116 Next »

jaks

rhs
RHS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

have you made sure you’re using the latest version? there was that problem before.

bad encoding? make sure it’s ANSI. what’s your username?

redownloaded the script and it works now.

thank you, chris!

ouch

not quite sure if it is in your config but anyway a good question comming up i guess:
what is the launch option -low good for?

it can’t be skill because everyone is low+/mid-

AnimaL

Quoted from ouch

not quite sure if it is in your config but anyway a good question comming up i guess:
what is the launch option -low good for?

it can’t be skill because everyone is low+/mid-

tf2 will be launched on low cpu priority… the other option for this is -high, which can cause input lag on some systems…

-low will definitely be lower fps, but might fix some input lag problems

Warmetal

Suse

Quoted from octochris

Your CPU is more than likely the bottleneck. I would, however, expect better FPS than that.

Let me know how it goes after trying out the batch.

A bit late reply from me but anyways..

So I am using your script now and I think it helped for some stuttering although some maps are still quite unplayable. I just don’t understand how it affects so much if I am at mumble. I lowered the sound quality settings from mumble. On TF2 they’re the lowest possible when using your cfg? (as if lowering them would help, don’t know) Anyways, I’ve got some more questions: You said earlier in this topic that custom hud lowers the fps. Now how much is this and what would you recommend me to do if I just wanna see clearly my ammo/health/how much dmg I make.(Well control points too obviously) Everything else I don’t care too much as longs as I get the game run smoother. Also, you said shutting down not important processes has a significant fps boost. I however don’t know which of these processes are important and which aren’t so could you tell me this? I am not at home atm so can’t post the processes my pc runs but will do that later if needed.

Simplest way would be to just buy a new pc but this is not an option at the moment. :D Maybe in 2-6 months but until then..

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

-low will definitely be lower fps, but might fix some input lag problems

mmm, it will also cause input lag problems (like -high)

the reason for input lag is that the driver can’t keep up with the input — when this is -high this is because the game is stealing too many cylces, when this is -low it gives the input to the game but the game is losing cycles too

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

can u not add mid-or + instead?

AnimaL

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

can u not add mid-or + instead?

normal cpu priority is set by default launch options – when nothing is written :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]normal cpu priority is set by default launch options – when nothing is written :D

the joke

YOU HAVE MISSED IT

Phrozen

?

I heard somewhere that having a wallpaper can reduce fps slightly (by which amount I don’t know as this was quite a few years ago) is this true? as in if I removed my wallpaper and to the default blue screen would my fps increase at all?

AnimaL

Quoted from Phrozen

I heard somewhere that having a wallpaper can reduce fps slightly (by which amount I don’t know as this was quite a few years ago) is this true?

if you are into windows 98, Pentium one and such systems, yes its true

lol chris :D that was never made to be a joke :D i should stop using smilies

Phrozen

?

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]if you are into windows 98, Pentium one and such systems, yes its true

Good, I’ll just remove my wallpaper for + fps.

RUJa

STD

My game keeps crashing after a few minutes with both dx9frames and highquality :/ I’m sure I installed them properly.

AnimaL

Quoted from RUJa

My game keeps crashing after a few minutes with both dx9frames and highquality :/ I’m sure I installed them properly.

go back to dx8, ive spent around two weeks trying to find the cvar that makes it crash, but only random results were achieved

it either works for your pc setup, or not… the closest ive come is that its a w7 problem.. never heard it crashes on xp… doesnt matter which vga u have

revanxp

Quoted from RUJa

try set
mat_forceaniso “0”
mat_trilinear “1”

Worked for me with dx9 cfg.

RUJa

STD

Thanks for replies. However, I think I solved it. I saw I had some leftover stuff that executed parts of another config that must’ve interfered with Chris’ config or something… Stupid me :>

At least the game hasn’t crashed since then. Otherwise, I’ll try your suggestion.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 64 65 66 ... 116 Next »