Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 60 61 62 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

I also recommend going into config.cfg, deleting everything that isn’t binds and then making it read only. This will stop them being lost when watching demos and will also mean that commands will always be default up to when you launch FPS configs/whatever.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

CHRIS’ DX9 CONFIG 1ST NOVEMBER WITH GMANG HUD:
5125 frames 44.399 seconds 115.43 fps ( 8.66 ms/f) 24.816 fps variability
5125 frames 44.905 seconds 114.13 fps ( 8.76 ms/f) 22.701 fps variability
5125 frames 45.348 seconds 113.02 fps ( 8.85 ms/f) 23.585 fps variability
AVERAGE: 114.19 fps

CHRIS’ DX9 CONFIG 2ND NOVEMBER WITH OXIDE HUD:
5125 frames 38.369 seconds 133.57 fps ( 7.49 ms/f) 25.058 fps variability
5125 frames 38.180 seconds 134.23 fps ( 7.45 ms/f) 23.356 fps variability
5125 frames 38.674 seconds 132.52 fps ( 7.55 ms/f) 18.484 fps variability
AVERAGE: 133.44 fps

C2D E8200 @ 2,66GHZ
9600 GT 512MB
3 GBs RAM
32 Bit W7 Ultimate
1280×1024

Phrozen

?

I have recently been compiling with the old vdub manually (search find first file it loads them all in set your frame rate and then save as avi) Today I tried with the one inside the pldx recording tool and I compiled fine no problems except! I can’t find where I compiled it to! :< I checked lots of folders tf, downloads( That's my junk folder really not downloads) and videos etc, but I can't find it I know this has no relation to cfg's but I don't want to create a new topic for the sake of this and I can't find the pldx recording tool topic!

baerbel

trick17
trick17

look here:

moviefiles>EncodingPanel>encoded_videos

Phrozen

?

Thanks baerbel you can remove the post if you want now seeing as it has nothing to actualy do with the figcon’s of ischr

edit: it’s not there ._. I didn’t encode them anyways I compiled them

baerbel

trick17
trick17

ops :)
you can always search for your files with
*.extension

Phrozen

?

I did search tho :<

kim

idd.

Quoted from octochris

I wrote this little script for people so that every time they launch TF2 their HUD/configs etc are reinstalled and everything is fresh, this should stop a lot of stuttering issues and avoid issues with updates screwing up HUDs etc.

1.) Put your HUD/configs/PREC/maps/hitsound etc in c:\tf2restore\config\
2.) Download http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/misc/tf2restore.zip and extract it to somewhere easy to get to
3.) Run the script and your config will be restored fresh, then TF2 will launch
4.) TF2 launching will take a little bit longer than normal because files are being extracted from the GCFs
5.) Files in \tf\ at launch are automatically moved to c:\tf2restore\backups\DATETIME\ — if you want to find your killstreaks look in there!
6.) Use this script from now on to launch TF2!

I’ve tested this script personally on XP SP3, but it should work on Vista/7.

Does this work with custom STEAM paths? ie C:Steam

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kim

[…]
Does this work with custom STEAM paths? ie C:Steam

You’ll need to mod it.

edit: actually, i’ll update it so you can easily input a custom steam path. :)

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Quoted from octochris

[…]

You’ll need to mod it.

edit: actually, i’ll update it so you can easily input a custom steam path. :)

I did this already and changed the backup path to my dropbox excluding some directories within /tf it works perfectly

octochris

(0v0)

why does REG QUERY emit so much garbage, this would give me the perfect way to find where Steam is

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath

but so much garbage, wtf

this is the sort of reason why windows is so useless if you are serious about computers

can’t even clear it up with an egrep by

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREValveSteam /v InstallPath | FINDSTR /i /m InstallPath

edit #2:

fuck, i’m just going to bundle some GNU coreutils with it, at least they fucking WORK, microsoft idiots

compton

cvx|

Quoted from octochris

why does REG QUERY emit so much garbage, this would give me the perfect way to find where Steam is

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath

but so much garbage, wtf

this is the sort of reason why windows is so useless if you are serious about computers

can’t even clear it up with an egrep by

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREValveSteam /v InstallPath | FINDSTR /i /m InstallPath

edit #2:

fuck, i’m just going to bundle some GNU coreutils with it, at least they fucking WORK, microsoft idiots

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=3,4,5,6,7" %%A IN ('REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREValveSteam /v InstallPath') DO SET UID=%%A %%B %%C %%D
echo %UID%

:end

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from compton

[…]

@echo off

FOR /F "tokens=3,4,5,6,7" %%A IN ('REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREValveSteam /v InstallPath') DO SET UID=%%A %%B %%C %%D
echo %UID%

:end

thanks bro

Destrutor

<3 your maxframes chris :D

Warmetal

Suse

Hi there I’ve been trying to get my TF2 run smoothly and failed. Using your maxfps configs and broesel HUD and my fps is about 25-120 depending on map. When I am at mumble it’s a lot worse and the game stutters a lot. So middle fights are quite unplayable for me when I’m on mumble and every moment when there’s more than just 2 ppl on my screen.
Here’s stats:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
3GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Soundcard some realtek’s integrated piece of shit
Windows XP SP3

I also use Game Booster which doesn’t seem to help at all.
So just wondering, is there anything I can do or is my PC just a piece of crap and can’t help it?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 60 61 62 ... 116 Next »