Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 Next »

jason

PHX

kaidus – it wasn’t meant as a pre-empted response – I was trying to be super enthusiastic although in the slightly confrontational manner.

I hope that with time the ESH organisation will iron out the issues and make the events more enjoyable for everyone involved.
I just get the feeling that if ESH aren’t supported now the future cups will be still born and that worries me for the future of TF2.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from skinnie

If you don’t have time just sign up anyway and give a default or something ?

could do that, if one of the esh admins confirm thats possible.

Maybe the signups are to “hard” for the teams and should there be some sort easy team-add-up-cooperative action made with etf2l.

So people dont have to register their members or something, and the etf2l is valid enough.

I can’t understand people saying “playing a div1/2 team is useless”. Guess what, most of the time it’s not fun either for div2 teams.
Here’s how goes a “normal” esh cup for us:
– 1st round, we play a div6 team and we win.
– 2nd round, we play some div1 team (TCM – my ass still hurts) and get raped just like we raped the div6 team. End of the cup.

But it takes less than an hour and it helps TF2, so we keep doing it.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Peio

I can’t understand people saying “playing a div1/2 team is useless”. Guess what, most of the time it’s not fun either for div2 teams.
– 2nd round, we play some div1 team (TCM – my ass still hurts) and get raped just like we raped the div6 team. End of the cup.

Yeah, same for Vertex. Sometimes you’re lucky and get a div2 opponent second round that you can beat, but we never reach the 2nd day of the cup.

We play because we enjoy the inevitable challenge of playing one of the top teams in Europe. Personally I find it enjoyable and I feel it gives teams the chance to work on their tactics and to learn some new ones as well.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from ShitFly

Maybe the signups are to “hard” for the teams […]

So people dont have to register their members or something.

jeah it sucks that EVERY single player needs to sign up.
how about a system where you can add a hole team and just add the steam_id to your rosters list or sth. like that….

Last edited by Dr-GimpfeN,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

jeah it sucks that EVERY single player needs to sign up.
how about a system where you can add a hole team and just add the steam_id to your rosters list or sth. like that….

It would be nice, but I think they’re keen for individual players to have the ability to do that. There are many things that I dislike about their website, and we are suggesting changes to them that will hopefully get actioned over time.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Peio

Can I have your seeding then? It generally takes a good 2-3 hours including delays to get to an assraping in my experience :x.

albert

epx^

where do you leave the contest D:

mercu

HolyShit!

Any ideas about the maps we’re going to play ?

Last edited by mercu,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Can I have your seeding then? It generally takes a good 2-3 hours including delays to get to an assraping in my experience :x.

Doesn’t any game empathy plays turn into an assraping :D

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

depends if your mum’s horny or not koietje…

Last edited by GibbZ,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from GibbZ

depends if your mum’s horny or not koietje…

Just give her 10 bucks and she’ll act horny just for you!

DominiX

sP.

One Night Wonder seedings seemed nice enough. Why don’t you separate low/high brackets any more? Because of the prize? It’s clear enough, that no div4 and lower teams can fight for that prize, but at least it wouldn’t be an assraping, boring 20 minutes against div1 team to “help the comunity”.

So, my suggestion would be:

If prize cup is held again – do the low/high brackets thing again. I can’t imagine low bracket getting any cash prize ( would’ve been great, but I’m not so naive ), but at least that would be a bit more interesting to fight a slightly lower/higher team than having a fight between 1st and 6th div team >_>

1st – 2nd/3rd div teams – higher brackets + cash prize, 3rd/4th – 6th div – lower brackets.

Last edited by DominiX,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Still need 50 teams sigh.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 Next »