Forum

TF2Center Update: Advanced Lobbies!

Created 11th June 2015 @ 12:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

People will pay because it has a really nice interface. My only gripe is they seem to be using this to avoid addressing team balancing in non-mumble lobbies, which is all I wanted.

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Sponsoring other community projects such as logs.tf and tf2pug.me

Interested in this, sponsoring in what way?

TF2C | MasterNoob

Quoted from Kuferl

[…]

Interested in this, sponsoring in what way?

tf2pug.me runs of our servers; I got another box ready for zoob to deploy his major update, which needed more resources than his current personal VPS, but you should ask him really ;-)

letto

Quoted from Kaelan Frey

[…]

But that’s exactly what they’re doing in their semi-open-truck-closed-I-think beta.

In their FAQ: http://tf2center.com/al

never heard of that, maybe improve your publicity, for example create a video showcasing an advanced lobby so people will know what they pay for? because this newspost is the first official announcement i’ve heard of it and for me personally, testing this to see if it’s any good would cost me money.

Last edited by letto,

letto

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

you’re all free to stick to Tf2Pickup or your own circlejerkish doublemixes or w/e, don’t like Advanced lobbies idea? Ok, feel free to leave and carry on playing.

not really an ideal approach to tell the target audience to fuck off instead of promoting the project so it’s more successful

why would you reject initial feedback that tells you how a community member feels about the project when adressing those problems may get thinking-alikes to play ALs?

Quoted from Munky

So none of the money would go to the upkeep of the site? People should donate to allow them to donate that money to things. Sounds a little too open to abuse considering the history of some of the people in charge (Masternoob, Mother tereza, etc).

Hey, can you let me know all the times anyone on the TF2C admin team has been caught stealing money or abusing their position for financial gain? Or if not, could you refrain from the wild accusations without proof? Cheers!

Quoted from letto

never heard of that, maybe improve your publicity, for example create a video showcasing an advanced lobby so people will know what they pay for? because this newspost is the first official announcement i’ve heard of it and for me personally, testing this to see if it’s any good would cost me money.

Well, this is the first official announcement so I’m not surprised this is the first you’ve heard! We’re on the latest kritzkast podcast, where we go into detail about this, what it offers, reasons for pricing etc. This is also linked in the FAQ linked from the initial post.

maclin

meer)

Haven’t read the other replies yet, but wouldn’t it be better if Open players with at least 2 seasons experience could play advanced lobbies too? I really hate it when people mess around in lobbies myself.

Kaelan Frey

Quoted from maclin

Haven’t read the other replies yet, but wouldn’t it be better if Open players with at least 2 seasons experience could play advanced lobbies too? I really hate it when people mess around in lobbies myself.

Theoretically you should be able to. 2 seasons on Open considering that you gave at least one shit about what you were doing screams “div5”, their minimal requirement, even though it’s strangely paired with ETF2L Mid and UGC Steel. I’m not sure if the TF2C Leaders know what “ETF2L Mid” is.

Quoted from letto

I am not involved with the TF2C team, I am running my mouth based on the FAQ and what I’ve seen from the TF2C main page chatroom. I could make a video showcasing an advanced lobby though, sure – but afaik some “VIPs” (whom I assume could be very high skill players) are going to be testing ALs first-hand so they’re probably going to give the best early coverage.

Last edited by Kaelan Frey,

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Hey, can you let me know all the times anyone on the TF2C admin team has been caught stealing money or abusing their position for financial gain? Or if not, could you refrain from the wild accusations without proof? Cheers!

I haven’t seen financial abuse but I have seen wide scale abuse of admin powers for personal vendettas. Like banning people off TF2C due to a reddit comment and a lot of very petty stuff like that. Why would you put 200-400 euros a month (which a successful NA/EU system would bring in) into a team that lets stuff like that happen? I think asking why the money is needed and what it would actually be used for is a reasonable question.

I also remembering reading that ‘developers deserved to be reimbursed for their work’ mentioned before on the TF2C forums though I may be remembering that wrong. Personally there are a lot of red flags for me.

firej

Even if everyone ive seen here or on the tf.tv thread, who said theyre gonna pay the 1€/month does that, its still gonna take years for a lobby to fill. Thats the thing im mostly concerned about, we have a few hundred EU players online, and some lobbies still take a lot of time to start.

Now with the AL, the number of ppl playing those is gonna be way smaller ( assuming from what i see in this thread ) so lobbies are gonna take way more time . if youre applying class limits given by playerrankings now….. Glhf im enjoying my 10 toucan years off

Last edited by firej,

Meeto

Quoted from Popcorp

If you’re that cheap and can’t donate just 1 euro, then I dunno wtf is wrong with you, you can waste money buying hats and betting on Saloon.tf but not providing any support to people who are trying to support competitive scene of this game?

Don’t be a retard, it’s not about how much you have to pay, it’s about what you’re paying for and what your money goes towards. I know I’m reluctant to give TF2C a penny with how sketchy some of their admins seem to be. I know a few people who have had bans just for dominating one of their admins in a pub before.

CHERRY

Yeah I don’t really understand UGC Steel requirement.
I’m pretty sure that the average team in steel is worse than the average in open as open is old Divs 5-6 afaik and steel is Div 6 *tops*.

Last edited by CHERRY,

firej

Quoted from CHERRY

Yeah I don’t really understand UGC Steel requirement.
I’m pretty sure that the average team in steel is worse than the average in open as open is old Divs 5-6 afaik and steel is Div 6 *tops*.

steel is the bottom of open, and those who thought they’d get rekt in open…

ceo

http://tf2pickup.net .

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ce/9c/94/ce9c949d6c73dbfb889f6036bac022dd.gif

Last edited by 31,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »