Forum

TF2Center Update: Advanced Lobbies!

Created 11th June 2015 @ 12:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Munky

Unrelated to all the drama I would say Advanced lobbies has been a failure. Even taking away the monetary requirements they weren’t filling and a lot of it was due to the flawed way they were structured. Honestly just adding the option of normal lobbies being randomised would have been a nice update. Maybe advanced lobbies would have worked if people knew they wouldn’t cost money in the future idk but as they are now they are a failure.

Have to look at numbers before you can label it a failure.

Are people playing? Is money being made by TF2C? Are people returning….data only TF2C hold.

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Are people playing? Is money being made by TF2C? Are people returning….data only TF2C hold.

People have stopped playing them. I have barely seen one launch in the last couple of days while a week or two back they were slowish to launch but did start pretty regularly . Maybe it is slightly better in NA but I think the same thing was happening there (though to a lesser extent). So unless things improve it will be a failure.

I would probably say splitting the user base in the way it has been isn’t ever going to work. Giving lobby leaders more options when making lobbies (randomised, UGC/ETF2L requirements, etc) would have worked better and if they wanted a way to make money then they could have allowed donors to skip requirements. That would have been a much more efficient way to financially back future petty slights against former admins.

Schalla

I agree with Munkyman, I was playing in the recent days a few lobbies and most HL lobbies I have seen would never fill up. I think some 6s started tho.

Goreston

Quoted from Munky

[…]
That would have been a much more efficient way to financially back future petty slights against former admins.

Heh.

Quoted from Schalla

I think some 6s started tho.

As a professional lobby hero – I am here to share some of my experience.
6v6 ALs is usually filled with the same noobs you see in normal lobbies.
On a good day, it will take around 3-4 (10 maybe???????????) full normal 6v6 lobbies until a 6v6 AL gets some activity/fills up.

Imo, there’s nothing unique about AL besides watching paint dry.
If you want to chill and play the greatest competitive format TF2 has to offer, play a normal lobby which is free and quick, but has a high risk of dank meme preteens and lack of flanks and positions =))))))))))))))))

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Hm. Perhaps if all lobbies had an option to be balanced, including non-mumble lobbies? Has anyone suggested this?

Schalla

That would remove one of the plus things of the ALs, so you would loose a reason to buy it. Economy & Marketing sucks. :P

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Yes, the small monthly donation should be for the whole site, not for advanced lobbies.

Phnx

Quoted from Schalla

That would remove one of the plus things of the ALs, so you would loose a reason to buy it. Economy & Marketing sucks. :P

regular lobbies seem to be more balanced than AL.
seriously the ones I played are 10 minute rolls.
and most players think that because they are capable of playing AL it means their hot shit so no one actually cares about what they need to do.

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

What a failure actually is varies from person to person, and honestly from a player’s perspective I’m pretty sure it can still be called a failure even though someone’s making money out of it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19