Forum

TF2Center Update: Advanced Lobbies!

Created 11th June 2015 @ 12:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

After playtesting a week I got to say the only difference between advanced and non advanced lobbies is the average skilllevel per player.
But and this is a huge butt

The AL are still/have:
-often unbalanced
-players taht dont talk in mumble
-player getting a too high rating on their offclasses.

So basically AL only have a higher chance of getting 3 or 4 more highlevel players to participate.

EmilioEstevez

GG

I feel like there’s just as many people no-showing these lobbies as before. People also still don’t understand basic strats on most maps.

They’re kind of better than normal lobbies but I don’t think it’s worth paying for, they take just as long as a pickup to fill and aren’t as good.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Phnx

the advanced lobbies I played were really unbalanced, ending in under 20 minutes.
even more unbalanced than regular lobbies, from my own exp.
the only other difference is that there are no players from pubs.
that’s it, every other regular lobby there are players who have no idea what they’re doing, it doensn’t happen in al.
but it’s only 1 or 2 per game, and it’s not enough to change the whole team skill level.
most of the people are still bad in al, they would not get accepted into the top half of open teams in etf2l while open players in etf2l are ineligible to play because of the restrictions.
I really can’t imagine people starting to pay right away, except for the people that are barely accepted into al because of the skill level and want to play vs better players so badly, which will probably make al even worse from what it is without paying.
no one is stopping from good players to do whatever they want in al.
you can still do retarded offclassing and outpreform your team, so people will probably get mad at you for “trolling” but the fact remains that you are more useful than them.

Last edited by Phnx,

Toast

WEED
S-O

I agree. The AL’s are no different from normal lobbies, other than the (very) slightly higher level players playing. And even when theres talent on both teams, it’s never taken “seriously” in any format, so it just goes to waste anyway. The only players I would imagine wanting to pay for these are people who don’t know pickup exists, or people who desperately want to play with better players.

It’s actually worse than normal lobbies because you actually have to go on mumble. Nobody calls, nobody reacts to anything that’s said and nobody has any idea of how the game works.

Theres not much base to begin with. I played an AL with masternoob, who told me off for suggesting strats, saying I was disrespectful

Last edited by Toast,

BRASILGORILA99

Quoted from Phnx

the advanced lobbies I played were really unbalanced, ending in under 20 minutes.
even more unbalanced than regular lobbies, from my own exp.
the only other difference is that there are no players from pubs.
that’s it, every other regular lobby there are players who have no idea what they’re doing, it doensn’t happen in al.
but it’s only 1 or 2 per game, and it’s not enough to change the whole team skill level.
most of the people are still bad in al, they would not get accepted into the top half of open teams in etf2l while open players in etf2l are ineligible to play because of the restrictions.
I really can’t imagine people starting to pay right away, except for the people that are barely accepted into al because of the skill level and want to play vs better players so badly, which will probably make al even worse from what it is without paying.
no one is stopping from good players to do whatever they want in al.
you can still do retarded offclassing and outpreform your team, so people will probably get mad at you for “trolling” but the fact remains that you are more useful than them.

>you totaly didnt fulltime heavy on a AL, otherwise ur mostly right imo

Schalla

How does MasterNoob qualify for Advanced Lobbies? ^_^

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

On the average lobby, I can join the team that seems worst to balance it out, or completely avoid lobbies that are stacked. With this, it somehow always ends up being a bad experience/roll. Think I played like 13, over two thirds were rolls

Last edited by Scissors,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

I feel like there’s just as many people no-showing these lobbies as before. People also still don’t understand basic strats on most maps.

They’re kind of better than normal lobbies but I don’t think it’s worth paying for, they take just as long as a pickup to fill and aren’t as good.

Teach them the wisdom of Emilio, and they will flourish.

4hp

TBH a system that relies on players’ logs to balance teams will never work. Logs are not skill, especially lobby logs where you can be wailing on noobs all day to have good stats

not to mention that logs mean shit on support classes like medic, pyro or engie

Last edited by 4hp,

Meeto

So they’re basically lobbies that take longer to fill and you have to pay for.

Asaaj

^ Yes.

sorsa

mooz

Quoted from Phnx

Because you totally weren’t shouting at your flank when you permasniped as roamer?

Phnx

Quoted from sorsa

[…]

Because you totally weren’t shouting at your flank when you permasniped as roamer?

I did not bring examples but if I would, it would be that I see people going heavy and pyro and still preforming way better than most of the team.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Meeto

So they’re basically lobbies that take longer to fill and you have to pay for.

They’re improved enough that people have to come to mumble and therefore you will have a better game. Compared to normal lobbies without mumble comms, it’s a big step up.

PdH

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

They’re improved enough that people have to come to mumble and therefore you will have a better game. Compared to normal lobbies without mumble comms, it’s a big step up.

So they’re basically mumble-lobbies that take longer to fill and you have to pay for?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »