Team Fortress 2 Matchmaking

Created 27th June 2010 @ 20:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 42 43 44 Next »

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from clippen

how is it going?

To be honest, I’m pretty busy with other stuff, havn’t been working for 2 weeks.

SquatingBear

Steev

Its a necro if this project is dead… plz don’t be ded

huhystah

According to Nightbox as i have asked him few days ago, he said he’s busy and he cant find any coders or w/e.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from huhystah

According to Nightbox as i have asked him few days ago, he said he’s busy and he cant find any coders or w/e.

I confirm. I will try to continue working after I start holiday. Until that you can view the source: http://code.google.com/p/tf2matchmaking/

Stimpy

the big question is which will die first? This project or TF2? Its been over 1 year already. and it was 90% 60 days ago…

The system as a whole is 90% done. The only things that needs finishing is 2-3 stuff from admin panel, some rewrites to make it faster (too many mysql queries) and game tracking.

The problem is that these days I lack time, so anyone who wish to help me please contact me.

Last edited by Stimpy,

Ghostface

spire

You can’t just expect the guy to give up all his RL commitments and work on tf2mm because you cba playing pixelpickups/lobbies. It’s not like he’s getting paid to do it.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Ghostface

You can’t just expect the guy to give up all his RL commitments and work on tf2mm because you cba playing pixelpickups/lobbies. It’s not like he’s getting paid to do it.

It’s more than that. The guy has very publically bashed other projects, while he has spent over a year “working” on this himself. I’m not even joking, he asked me to shut down Pixel Pickup so that this project could take over.

When you hype a project to the degree he has done, you don’t just need to deliver, you need to deliver the most absolutely world changing service possibly imaginable, to even come close to meeting expectations. I don’t think it is actually possible at this point, even if Nightbox were to dedicate the next 4 weeks of his time to this, 24/7, he wouldn’t be able to create something that met expectations of what people wanted.

At the end of the day, all this project was ever going to be, was tf2lobby with some pointless, arbitrary player restrictions imposed by Nightbox himself due to petty personal disputes (i.e. he was for a long period of time, going to ban the entirety of the NA community from playing on it).

edit: I should point out, at worst, this is the sort of project that should take 6-10 weeks. Personally for, me the pixel pickup bot took 3 and a half weeks to go from “hey i’ve never wrote an IRC bot before, but i want to write a pickup bot”, to having something of beta status that I could just leave open for people to use. Maybe another 2 weeks of tweaks until I was happy with it.

Last edited by Skyride,

SquatingBear

Steev

I don’t want to feel stupid by thinking that any works been done but I don’t want to say anything against nigh incase he’s actually done work :/

however it is good that nigh has stopped bashing threads with his save the world project

atrox_

WaAS?

Quoted from Skyride

[…]
edit: I should point out, at worst, this is the sort of project that should take 6-10 weeks. Personally for, me the pixel pickup bot took 3 and a half weeks to go from “hey i’ve never wrote an IRC bot before, but i want to write a pickup bot”, to having something of beta status that I could just leave open for people to use. Maybe another 2 weeks of tweaks until I was happy with it.

wow less ego pls omg

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

I just wanna let you know that TF2MM is merging with http://pubcomp.com

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from Nigh

Probably quite a good idea, hope it works out.

dodgydogman

Panda

TBH it seems like a better lobby with a stronger gear towards competitive play, which is great. Hopefully when it is released, people from lobby will see that it is better move on to it.

There should be an option to create lobbies where you have to join the mumble, as that is pretty much the most annoying thing about lobby, zero communication.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

Stimpy

Nearly 1.5 years later, still no update? Will this ever get finnished befor tf2 dies?

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Nigh

Do I have to quote myself ? :D

starly396

Any update?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 42 43 44 Next »