Forum

Improving Teamplay

Created 12th September 2011 @ 21:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Constantly threaten to fold if your team doesn’t improve.

And that’s how elem.v went from div6 to div2.

The end.

dauk

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Which is true :)

Then prob nightbox will finish his lobby thing faster than you will improve your div.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Then prob nightbox will finish his lobby thing faster than you will improve your div.

Logic. Logic everywhere! :D

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Basically, each of your players need to understand what is the roll of the class they play and what is its job in a team. The second part, and the most important one, is Timing. Knowing when to just spam, or when to push, and how to do it is what makes good teamwork. And to get to that point, when it seems like your players are reading each others minds and move like one, you can get by main Calling and with those calls being reacted on. That synchronicity is acheaved trough a whole lot of experience and simply Time spent playing Together. Some get there really fast, others need more time, just keep your team motivated and you’ll get there.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Constantly threaten to fold if your team doesn’t improve.

And that’s how elem.v went from div6 to div2.

The end.

:DDD

Skully

I heard getting a mistress to run the team and introduce ball gags and whips helped teamplay

no? That was just me?

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Hildreth

Totally disagree you need people to have the right attitudes to improving aka modest, not stubborn and arrogant as well as people who have ears and use them.

No one man can change a team if they all have appalling attitudes to improving and make the same mistakes week in week out.

Yay, passive aggressive win!

I think improving teamplay simply will come with time. There’s not much point trying to rush it, you might not ‘get’ eachother if you force yourself to, more than if you let your teamplay develop on itself. Not that you shouldn’t try to work as a team.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

:DDD

ethug next to leave. You heard it here first folks

jackkai

8D

you work well together…. or you do not.

minimoose

Quoted from jackkai

you work well together…. or you do not.

Not always true, you can adjust your style to suite other players, it just depends what works best. It’s more important that there are good calls.

Saying that, I’m pretty stuck in my style of going balls deep as every class (yes as medic too) and find it hard to play passively.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Well now your saying that digging well with a spoon is better than doing nothing.

I’ll help you on your proposed analogy with my “saichology” skills dauk.

It’s like digging with a spoon while there’s also a shovel at hand.

The time you can invest in TF2 is limited, so it’d be best to make efficient use of that time. So why look at eachothers’ pov if you can use other methods to improve your teamplay more effectively.

I actually agree on reading that article about TF2 logistics and flow. If your team is in a stage where the clear flow and dynamics of the game aren’t fully clear yet, then you won’t have a general feeling of when to push, how to push, and where your teammates are. Most of this feeling will come through play,play,play but I think that “points” guide is one of the most effective ways of explaining TF2 flow. Don’t treat it as dogmatic, but as a good pointer on what to do as a team in which scenario. If you’re all on the same “wavelength”, then comms will suddenly become more meaningful and therefore will be responded to more adequately.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from minimoose

[…]

Not always true, you can adjust your style to suite other players, it just depends what works best. It’s more important that there are good calls.

Saying that, I’m pretty stuck in my style of going balls deep as every class (yes as medic too) and find it hard to play passively.

irl too from the looks of your pretty blonde locks.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Lot depends on the individual like I say – put effort in to improve gamesense/positioning and transfer it into your game. *COUGH* Running out of ammo before every push *COUGH* Jumping away from the medic when she has 99% charge *COUGH*

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Ash

Don’t just play tf2 together. Become friends and you’ll find teamplay is much easier to come by because you’ll hopefully all be on the same page and you’ll kinda know how each other thinks.

The better you get to know people, the more you can understand how they think in general. This is very helpful when it comes to interperating calls, or how a maincaller will tend to think, allowing you to anticipate what they are going to say.
Though TALK about your problems, how come up with solutions etc. Go through the maps slowly. Getting someone who is div1 or something to spec your game and give some tough love tends to help.
Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]
The better you get to know people, the more you can understand how they think in general. This is very helpful when it comes to interperating calls, or how a maincaller will tend to think, allowing you to anticipate what they are going to say.
Though TALK about your problems, how come up with solutions etc. Go through the maps slowly. Getting someone who is div1 or something to spec your game and give some tough love tends to help.

Quoted from Hildreth

*COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*

Get something for that cough bro.

dodgydogman

Panda

Whoops double post

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3