Forum

UK internet dying slowly?

Created 2nd February 2011 @ 20:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

The UK infrastructure is utterly bollocks. I (in east scotland) get a lower ping to my dedi in france and the pixel gaming box in NL than I do any servers in manchester/london (including the pixel gaming web server in london which runs the TF2TV bot).

Of course thats ancdotal, but seriously, our infrastructure needs some serious cash spent on it and the only way its going to happen is if the government gets on BT’s case about it and threatens fines.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

britts, relax, the end of the internet is in 233 days http://penrose.uk6x.com/

Last edited by Nigh,

octochris

(0v0)

was doing it for me, sfynx and shox in our match tonight

Mordi

≧◡≦

Why can’t the russians Get it instead. It’s not like we care then :/

Swarlz

Its the egyptians and their god damn revolution. They’ve dissconcted their internet and now we have to suffer, I swear thats the problem god damnit

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

I had weird mid-game timeouts last night and, curiously, another guy in the game had them at exactly the same time as me. He also timed out from mumble, which I didn’t though.

Coincidence? Nope, we’re both on BT.

KOVACS

Honestly we pay through the teeth for practically everything in the UK and it’s always second-rate compared to other Western European countries. So expensive to live here and for what?

As a starting point the Government needs to get a fucking grip and start re-investing in infrastructure instead of doing what they do now and raping us with taxes on seemingly everything possible for what often seems like no benefit.

For example look at the trechurous state of our roads compared to pretty much every other country in Europe. We pay fuel duties that account for upwards of 65% of the price we pay at the pumps, VAT, congestion charges, road tax etc and in payback we get the privelege of driving on overly congested, subsiding, pothole strewn, largely ungritted roads which force us to depart with even more hard earned cash to pay rediculously high labour rates for some underqualified apprentice of an apprentice twerp to repair our vehicles so that we can go back to working more hours per week than most of Europe for a half-decent salary that then gets taxed to fuck, leaving us with barely enough income to pay extortionate amounts for basic commodities.

/rant

Don’t mean to come across as an over-priveleged under-appreciative cunt because I’m well aware that the living standards here are much better than most of the world but honestly, compared to most Western Euro nations we get shafted pretty hard.

Last edited by KOVACS,

LikeThis

http://twitter.com/#!/gyron/status/33062195726123009

Should be better now but..

http://twitter.com/#!/ukinetreport/status/33101165684068353

Not perfect.

Shitty 3rd world country.

Last edited by LikeThis,

rtan

-9w-

my internet has been dump for the past week. pinging around 150-300 on peak times

edit: on BT too

Last edited by rtan,

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

happened several times last night to the two croatians in the double mix

Last edited by Old_Grandma,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sylosin

I had weird mid-game timeouts last night and, curiously, another guy in the game had them at exactly the same time as me. He also timed out from mumble, which I didn’t though.

Same with Spence in our team last night :o

xzr

I also had some fkd up timeouts all the time last night. Hasn’t happened in years.

FI->DE

Quoted from Sylosin

I was in this mix and can confirm that Sylosin + Sheridyn timed out at the exact same time every time. Hildreth also had several major lagspikes.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I got dropped from a german mumble and had a lag burst on a server.

Last edited by Koeitje,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

I was in this mix and can confirm that Sylosin + Sheridyn timed out at the exact same time every time. Hildreth also had several major lagspikes.

Hildreth always has shit internet to be fair, although Sheri timing out with the other guy is weird.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »