Forum

CP Coldfront RC3

Created 25th March 2010 @ 22:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

davesan

epx^
Panda

just had a run around and so far it looks so awesome, really well done dude =)

Anathema

Haven’t really noticed the scouts being faster, but if that’s true, great!
It would be refreshing to have a middle where the scouts duel a bit before the heavies rush in :)

longas

We have played a spanish pickup to test coldfront. We have really enjoyed playing this map, maybe there is too much distance between cp3 and cp2 when you are pushing.

We have recorded STV demo if you want see how your map works http://cuantopixel.com/mister/coldfront.rar

Last edited by longas,

Randdalf

(0v0)

There’s a great Demoman route to middle down the left side of the map, and in the earlier versions I was having great success with a gunboats runout as well.

Last edited by Randdalf,

n00ne

Did I download the wrong map or what? Cause I don’t see what you’re all cheering about.
fpsbanana is full of maps with 23435 million routes , all kinds of useless things scattered around the map and uneven fps in the middle. I really don’t see how this is any different.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from n00ne

Did I download the wrong map or what? Cause I don’t see what you’re all cheering about.
fpsbanana is full of maps with 23435 million routes , all kinds of useless things scattered around the map and uneven fps in the middle. I really don’t see how this is any different.

It’s the subtleties of this map that I find nice, the attention to detail and the obvious tactical scrutiny that the map has been under.

Mark

Phase

Just played a mix on it, was pretty fun. The main thing I noticed that should probably be addressed is as demoman, you can pretty much sticky jump anywhere after you leave second (like you get out of the garage door, you can sticky jump all the way to their garage door).

Defur

Just played this in a mix vs mix and it was enjoyable

It needs some fixes tho’:

Optimazation – everyone was whining that they had big fps drops
The sound effects – People got annoyed by them, especially in the middle, maybe there is a way to lower the sounds alittle ?
Also there is a spot from on the middle point where you can get completely stuck and not move.. I have trouble explaining where it is since i wasnt the one getting stuck but that should be checked out..

Also something that was brought up was that the spawns are too far away,
I personally didnt see any problems with that, but its worth looking at

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Looks really good, definitely one to keep an eye on for proper playtesting.

Randdalf

(0v0)

I think the FPS Drops to be honest aren’t going to be fixed until Valve add the option to set particles as weather effects, because Coldfront uses custom snow particles, to help give it the blizzard effect. (the Valve particles are hard-coded by name into the game).

Last edited by Randdalf,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Yeah you noticed like the fps drop as soon as you went outside into the blizzard other than that though was really good enjoyed it.

The point defur was taking about was like on the middle house on the inside of the walls that face the spawns, Me and deek both managed to get stuck in there.

Also this might just be me but i thought last point was too big, or too open making it awkward to attack/defend or this might just be because it was mix and new map.

Other all defiantly worth more playtesting

Jarppa

Feacon

Quoted from Jarppa

Been playing this couple of times in finnish pickup and a moment ago I got 12 players (after hour waiting) to play this @ tf2lobby.

STV demo of this game:

http://fr.jarppa.net/stuff/tf2lobby_coldfront.dem

Icarus

[TF2M1]

Regarding FPS:

I’m going to name my snow particles, so if you have server rcon you could use the ent_fire command to disable the weather effect for all players.
I’m also going to be making use of some occlusion culling which prevents objects out-of-sight from being rendered.

I hope this alleviates some FPS issues a few users are getting, until –as randy already mentioned– Valve gives us a way to flag the particle as weather. I’ve sent them an email and hope to get a response soon.

Last edited by Icarus,

profane

the theme on the map is awesome, the cps are unique and fun, but there are just too much doors in between middle and 2nd. of course they are needed for flanking and to prevent chokes but too much is too much. potential map with ‘bit of tweaking.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I played this map with Jarppa and a few others. And I was very pleasently surprised by the map.

+ points: Midfights are good fun on this map; balance looking great; respawning balance works out great too; great detail in mapping
– points: Resupply next to point 2/4 could prove disturbing for the attacking team (deffending team can hide and resupply there

Last edited by Andee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »