Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 50 51 52 ... 109 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

IMO (just speaking freely, no doubt I will be called an elitist cock for saying it but meh) the stalemate problem mostly occurs with lower skilled teams simply because they don’t know how to push in certain situations, or perhaps even they don’t know when to push. Obscure (even in rc3) is pretty unforgiving if you don’t move up when you have the chance, you don’t really have the oppurtunity to wait around before moving up, and I think it is something that a lot of lower skilled teams don’t do with as much promptness and speed as higher ones.

tl;dr, you do the wrong thing and it punishes you harder than badlands or gran might. It’s mostly about consistency.

byte

Quoted from Hildreth

RC2 – the version used for S7.

And it is the hardest of the maps to win rounds in, my opinion. I like it a hell of a lot more than Freight and Gullywash and those maps often have very quick rounds if you’re wiped at mid.

Thats why i asked rc2 or rc3. Try rc3 and see how you fair now? I did a massively long post for a reason explaining what the changes were…

rc2 is the 2nd hardest to be honest out of the cp maps (fastlane being the worst).

It’s however been rectified and corrected in rc3.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Mailbawx

Played a PUG on it a couple of days ago. I like the new spawn times and the new last cp. I think, apart from the horrible spawns on last, the best fix is that of the little ledge on last, a Heavy can no longer defend the point from there, he has to get on the point to block (or atleast Byte claims so).
All the changes are for the better, imo.

byte

Quoted from Mailbawx

Played a PUG on it a couple of days ago. I like the new spawn times and the new last cp. I think, apart from the horrible spawns on last, the best fix is that of the little ledge on last, a Heavy can no longer defend the point from there, he has to get on the point to block (or atleast Byte claims so).
All the changes are for the better, imo.

I don’t need to claim so, just try it? lol get a scout sneak on the left and a heavy top right see if he can stop the point while its being capped?

Also the spawn times for last were bugged somehow :/ as incremental values are not gladly accepted by valves entities :/ anyhoo it’s fixed too.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

spence

¤_¤

tf2 respawns dont work in incremental values. They work in respawn waves, if you go into the entities of the control point you will see set red spawn time and set blue spawn time. When these are set to 0 you will spawn anywhere between 10 and 20 seconds, if set to -2 you will spawn anywhere between 8 and 18 seconds and so on and so forth.

FYI Mr byte :)

Last edited by spence,

byte

Quoted from spence

tf2 respawns dont work in incremental values. They work in respawn waves, if you go into the entities of the control point you will see set red spawn time and set blue spawn time. When these are set to 0 you will spawn anywhere between 10 and 20 seconds, if set to -2 you will spawn anywhere between 8 and 18 seconds and so on and so forth.

FYI Mr byte :)

Blame codcrille :p

Thats right CODCRILLE :P

Cheers

Byte

byte

If we/I organized another cp_obscure cup would people enter it (obviously we/I would do it after season 7 ended)…

Just that the cup for b4 compared to rc4 has changed alot and i’d really like to see how much its changed…

Feedback/thoughts please…

Cheers

Byte

Snyyppis

RLM

Make it part of the Monday night madness cups?

Cheez

Quoted from byte

If we/I organized another cp_obscure cup would people enter it (obviously we/I would do it after season 7 ended)…

Just that the cup for b4 compared to rc4 has changed alot and i’d really like to see how much its changed…

Feedback/thoughts please…

Cheers

Byte

Yeah would like another game against those frogs, I think they got lucky last time ;)

Quoted from Snyyppis

^This!

broesel

LAME

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1899/arialomfg.jpg

I almost shit myself when i saw that.

Fix it please.

Last edited by broesel,

Reload

BiG
BiG

Good idea to put it in MNM! We’d definitely sign up for it

byte

Quoted from broesel

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1899/arialomfg.jpg

I almost shit myself when i saw that.

Fix it please.

Err what? i’m confused lol what were you “shitt*ng myself” over? lol

Cheers

Byte

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Snyyppis

I thought the idea of MNM is to try new maps not played much before, so ETF2L can decide which maps to use next season. Obscure is already being used this season, and don’t see any reason for it not to be used next season.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from byte

[…]

Err what? i’m confused lol what were you “shitt*ng myself” over? lol

Cheers

Byte

The font. You used Arial.

Use Helvetica instead please :D

Arial is a fucked up, bad looking font that just copied Helvetica and removed what makes Helvetica so awesome, the horizontal endings on the e, 3, t (on the top) and so on.

I like Obscure, both gameplay and style wise. But when I turned off my high fps config to take a closer look at the improved visuals of RC3 and then saw THIS I just thought “ffs and i thought byte wants to make a good – looking map”. Honestly :D

I know, it’s really minor and probably the last thing on your to-do list, but when you take a close look at street signs and labels on walls etc (IRL ofc), you will see that ~ 90% of those are made with Helvetica. Because it shouldn’t “sting” your eye and should be as subtle as possible, yet good looking and easily readable.

So far the feedback from me, the font nerd. :P

(i hope you are not confused anymore now :D)

Last edited by broesel,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 50 51 52 ... 109 Next »