Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 40 Next »

choiie

keso

This sounds serious! :D thanx geten!

choiie

keso

Updated to a9 version!

Download: apparently this version was broken, new a10 version coming up in 2 minutes

Changelog a9: Reworked the flank area to make it more useful as a flank rather than an attack route
Continued detailing mid and a bit of second as well
Flipped the map to illuminate RED rather than BLU side on mid
Rebuilt the RED side to remove some balance issues, now both sides are identical
Small fixes and changes

Last edited by choiie,

choiie

keso

Updated to a10 version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_a10.bsp

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I downloaded it and it looks promising :)
Hopefully with some testing it can be another map to add in future seasons

choiie

keso

Huge update out now: Beta 1!

changelog b1: First beta release
Detailed entire map
Reworked the final area severely
Changed sky and lighting, thanks supersandvich for the awesome sky texture!
Added windows from second capture point to lobby

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Looks nice :)
Hopefully it will be a viable map in the future

choiie

keso

What if it already is? :D

choiie

keso

Updated with a few new overview screenshots.

Request: if anybody gets to play this, be it in mix, pcw, pickup or lobby, I would really appreciate if youd contact me through this thread or through steam, even if you just want to say the map sucks or tell me about some annoying clip issue.

Your feedback is the only way for me to improve the map, and I need tons of it right now!

cheers

/chojje

choiie

keso

Updated to beta 2 version, addressing a few balance issues, particularly in the area between the first and the second cap.

Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_b2.bsp.bz2

Changelog b2:
Added a flank leading from last to second to allow for sneaky backcaps (thanks grazr for your feedback)
Made it easier for defenders to reach the last capture point
Removed the trees (finally) and reworked the sightlines on last.
Added some detail to hide the fact that there is no 3d skybox

Hopefully this version gets a bit more playtime than its predecessor received… I can’t do much without your help!

/chojje

Last edited by choiie,

Gobby

Looks Awesome Søøøøøøød :D

choiie

keso

tak Gobby :)

choiie

keso

After a lot of feedback from the american high-level community (sadly not so much from the European), I’ve been able to start working on a b3 version. I’ll mention some of the changes to expect.

I’ll go with simply removing the logs on the flatbed, and lowering one of the fences to make jumping a bit easier. Most of the clipping errors should be gone, and I’ve fixed a lot of other errors, both gameplay-wise and visuals.

Before I release the next version I just want to ask you how the map plays. It seems most areas work quite all right with a few small flaws, but I dont have any idea about the balance. Without having played the map a lot 6v6 I somewhat fear mid being a bit hard to recap with the huge height advantages of defenders, and this could potentially lead to turtling mid, which I really want to avoid. So I have a few questions regarding balance:

*How do the midfights work? Will teams dare being aggressive?
*Is mid hard to recap once it’s been capped?
*Is second too easy/too hard to defend?
*Is there an route between second and mid that is used more than the other?
*Do the spawntimes when attacking/defending last seem balanced?
*Is second hard to recap once it’s been capped?

Hopefully you’ll be able to at least give me any clue about how the balance is, and allow me to do changes accordingly.

A thing I’d appreciate highly is demos of the map being played, to get an idea of how it works out 6v6.

Again thanks for the assistance!

choiie

keso

TLR was kind enough to make a small video of gameplay footage from snakewater_b2, have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_7J1RlfnA&feature=sub

cubeth

rda

middle looks really nice

Linus

[d¿s]

im so proud of you chojje :’)

great map

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 40 Next »