Forum

cp_snakewater | final1 released!

Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 40 Next »

choiie

keso

New a6 version is out!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_a6.bsp

Changelog a6: Loads of small fixes (thanks Archy for your finds!)
Really fixed being able to shoot between the logs on mid
Changed the mid area to prevent most classes from reaching the bridge over the cap
Changed the lobby a bit to make it tighter and less clustry
Switched two of the fences on second cap to prevent sightlines and protect the second cap a bit

choiie

keso

Also updated OP with new screenshots.

choiie

keso

New version is a7:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_a7.bsp

Changelog a7: Made it easier for scout to reach the bridge over mid
Removed the doorway from flank to try to move the pushes towards the choke area
Added various detail along with some optimization
Redesigned the last capture point a bit to make it less wide
Made the lobby even smaller
Several small fixes

choiie

keso

Next version will hopefully be beta 1, so if you have complaints, bugs, ideas or love letters please post it right here before I get too obsessed with detailing!

Defur

The only thing that bugged me in the only match I played was the right area by the second CP, which were called “Finland” or maybe resup in english?
Anyways feelt like everytime I stoud there it was like a deathtrap, at least when defending – and a real gamble when attacking.
The balcony that leads so you can jump on the fence by the secound point feels like it gives the attackers too much of a hight-advantage and because of that, the huge yard in front of the secound point never gets used since no one wants to be spammed from the balcony.

I feel like that area by the house needs to get reworked abit, i dont know how, maybe abit bigger – or making it an open area instead of a house.

Sofa King

din skide svensker det er sku en ok map du har lavet! :P

Overcow

KURT!
iNh

Quoted from Defur

The only thing that bugged me in the only match I played was the right area by the second CP, which were called “Finland” or maybe resup in english?
Anyways feelt like everytime I stoud there it was like a deathtrap, at least when defending – and a real gamble when attacking.
The balcony that leads so you can jump on the fence by the secound point feels like it gives the attackers too much of a hight-advantage and because of that, the huge yard in front of the secound point never gets used since no one wants to be spammed from the balcony.

I feel like that area by the house needs to get reworked abit, i dont know how, maybe abit bigger – or making it an open area instead of a house.

What she said. Get to work chojjvo!

choiie

keso

Quoted from Defur

Check out the new a7 version, where I’ve tried to move the fighting a bit over to the choke area. I must admit I’ve seen this issue myself, but I’m not quite sure what to do about without making the flank overpowered. Glad for your feeback anyways!

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Quoted from choiie

[…]

Check out the new a7 version, where I’ve tried to move the fighting a bit over to the choke area. I must admit I’ve seen this issue myself, but I’m not quite sure what to do about without making the flank overpowered. Glad for your feeback anyways!

then don’t release beta yet, try to find the solution with more alphas. do. not. rush.

choiie

keso

Quoted from tarmo-

[…]

then don’t release beta yet, try to find the solution with more alphas. do. not. rush.

Did I mention that I love you, -tarmo?

Last edited by choiie,

choiie

keso

New alpha version is out, a8 this time!

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_a8.bsp

Changelog a8: Fixed a few bugs, mostly visuals
Changed mid a bit to make it a bit easier to flank the team holding mid, and also to make it easier to avoid sticky spam
Started detailing mid (couldnt keep my hands off…)
Somewhat fixed a nasty sightline where you could snipe mid from second respawn.
A few smaller fixes.

choiie

keso

At this point, I’d really like to get some feedback from a bit higher ranked players/teams.. Of course my div 6 shitnerd double mix provide some sort of feedback, but getting experienced players to play it would be an entirely different thing. I’ve gotten some feedback from American div 1 teams, but not much from the European scene.

My humble request is: if you play some pcw on this map and happen to record a demo, I’d really appreciate if you could share them with me, it helps more than you think!

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Quoted from choiie

At this point, I’d really like to get some feedback from a bit higher ranked players/teams.. Of course my div 6 shitnerd double mix provide some sort of feedback, but getting experienced players to play it would be an entirely different thing. I’ve gotten some feedback from American div 1 teams, but not much from the European scene.

My humble request is: if you play some pcw on this map and happen to record a demo, I’d really appreciate if you could share them with me, it helps more than you think!

idle #gather.fi @ quakenet, every 6on6 pug will be recorded by sourcetv and the demos are uploaded 04.00 cet every morning. http://demos.toaster.fi/

choiie

keso

Thanks a lot tarmo-, it’s really appreciated :)

Geten

Looks interesting and I read some nice feedback. I’ll lobby for it and bring it to the goat high council. We may test it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 40 Next »