Forum

New freight: yey or nay?

Created 29th April 2010 @ 07:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »

blorg

Quoted from mustardoverlord

the map is more balanced and suited for comp, but to do so it had to become much much much less fun

you sir have an almighty name

Rollout is HORRIBLE, second point is boring, last feels like attacking Omaha beach.

On the plus side, Mid is awesome.

Sketch

MM

fushbus just copy paste mid into the awesome version :( ploooox i know you listened to what ppl told you but sometimes people just don’t know what is good for them

Furi0us

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Rollout is HORRIBLE, second point is boring, last feels like attacking Omaha beach.

On the plus side, Mid is awesome.

lolz talkin from experience :D
2nd point is so-so, pushing out of last to 2nd is a bitch, mid seems the same.

GriZZly

*no door bugs
*no shitty spawntimes
*some well thought-out improvements
* altogether cp_freight_final1 is just the better cp_freight

we absolutely should give it a try, so YEY!

Randdalf

(0v0)

I’d be interesing to know what motivated the blocking off of one of the lower doors in CP2, it looks ugly, and … I can’t see how that door caused any problems. (Those metal planks are really ugly, as well). I’m liking the changes to last, and mid, 2nd just feels wrong at the moment – over-complex and cramped.

I, personally, don’t like it. CP2 is ugly, and has too many obstacles. Last fwd spawn is way too big for some reason…

!v cp_freight

Largos^

PRO

Quoted from Sketch

fushbus just copy paste mid into the awesome version :( ploooox i know you listened to what ppl told you but sometimes people just don’t know what is good for them

The irony made me laugh out loud.

That and “fushbus”

Sketch

MM

Quoted from Largos^

[…]

The irony made me laugh out loud.

That and “fushbus”

my keyboed isnt working….. fucking evidently its not thr beer and its not my typing. its probablt you

Largos^

PRO

Quoted from Sketch

sometimes people just don’t know what is good for them

This was the part I was referring too. My point was maybe you are one of those people.

Quoted from Sketch

my keyboed isnt working….. fucking evidently its not thr beer and its not my typing. its probablt you

Yup, it’s probablt me

Sketch

MM

yes

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Randdalf

I’d be interesing to know what motivated the blocking off of one of the lower doors in CP2, it looks ugly, and … I can’t see how that door caused any problems. (Those metal planks are really ugly, as well). I’m liking the changes to last, and mid, 2nd just feels wrong at the moment – over-complex and cramped.

Fishbus mentioned earlier he was tired of seeing the benny hill style running around the glass window wall next to the control point when it was 1v1. Also, the blocking off of the side nearest to the attackers forces them to come further in to both attack the point and defend it when they’ve respawned after failing a push on last.

A big problem with the previous version of freight was that when you pushed out from last, aside from facing the entire team again because of the spawn times, they also had a nice corridor to spam in to the point which couldn’t be stickied effectively (low ceiling). Compare it to granary’s second point, the way for the forward spawning attackers to get to the point quickest is through closet/connector, which isn’t easy and requires a big commitment from them.

As for the aesthetics, I agree they’re pretty ugly :D They almost feel too realistic, like the teams have actually stuck up makeshift barriers in their bases.

Randdalf

(0v0)

I see. I think that entryway could have been blocked off better, I mean it looks as if there should be one there still, which is sort of weird. I mean, you can still see through it, and … I dunno, I just think it could’ve been done more effectively, or rather, more aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited by Randdalf,

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

This freight looks great and all, but I really liked the old one much better. Nay for me.

Can I haz cp_pro_freight? :P
Like.. the same as the old cp_freight but then with the new train lights, and the door bug on 2nd/last fixed.

ih

nay, mid is ok but attacking the CP4 from right side is pointless. we never did it. CP5 too hard to attack. Don’t like it! Fuj!

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 Next »