Nor

rda

YEY! o/

Last edited by Nor,

AnroliF

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY §§§§§

Vali

-9w-

What freight needed was a few little changes to make it from an already pretty fine map into an excellent one. Listening to feedback is a good thing and attempting to improve the map in various ways is commendable, but overall the final result is just a vastly inferior version to the one we use now (much like the original freight_final was back when it was released).

Not much has changed on middle except, mostly, for what needed to: the improved lights at middle and the return of the beloved sloped roof. I don’t however see the point in the extended walls near the second forward respawn.

In my opinion, the vast majority of changes to last and 2nd are horrendous. There are some nice ideas that may not have been implemented as well as they could have been (such as adding another pathway/entrance) and some genuine improvements (locked forward respawn, tweaked spawntimes when attacking/defending last).

However there are just some baffling choices: the boarded up bit to prevent ‘benny hill style’ action happening with a gap in such a place that the only class that can properly shoot through is a demo with stickies, the boards which prevent someone jumping up on a soldier camping the doorway to last from up top but still allow the soldier to spam down onto people holding/retreating/pushing from that area. The entire expanded area to the far door and that “sniper deck” sortof area just feels wrong and unnecessary. Was sniping on last really that much of an issue? It seems a lot of the simplicity and good design was sucked out of last and turned it into Normandy beach on D-Day just to prevent it.

I would love to see freight as we currently have it with the improved middle, tweaked respawn timers and locked forward respawn, but I’d much prefer to have it without these improvements in favour of the newest freight version.

Last edited by Vali,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I don’t understand why I quite clearly invented the D-Day/Normandy/Saving Private Ryan metaphor (called it on page 2), yet at least two people have misused it about the new CP1 design. Which, compared to the prior version, is all about cover and not being totally visible on your approach.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I really don’t see the point of making the sniper even more of a useless class in 6’s, which this map does pretty well by making 2nd absolutely pointless to run a sniper and making sniping on last even harder than it was. I’ve never seen the snipers as a huge problem in cp_freight, since they’re so easy to kill. Love most of the changes to middle tho, a bit more area to play with with the roofs being sloped again. The light could’ve been implemented better, as it just seems to add odd height differences in the map and also is quite the nuisance for soldiers – it makes the area near the traintracks where you can’t shoot to deal damage even larger.
As I said before, tho, love the sloped roofs. Makes the far ends much less of a deathtrap if you go there and are caught off guard by a soldier or a scout.
+1 for cp_freight with the middle from final1.

the bm man

k^m

Played the new version of freight yesterday and it played much better than the old version especially as last is no longer hell.

Keyro

Cheater

Yay

Old Freight get boring, especially second point with only 2 ways to push from mid you have to “pre uber” everytime you want to push and hope you will have luck.

And middle as a soldier is exciting as a 6 v 6 pyro on duel_duel.

So maybe the changes will be a good move. And reading what are the purpose of the changes page2 i think give the map a try is a good thing.

However considering the “snip-friendly” aspect on cp1, i personnaly don’t see any issue and don’t understand the changes, freight is one of the last snip friendly map of the mapool, why trying to change that ?

For the spam by the corridor when counter cap the cp4, i also think the planks for blocking it is not the better solution, maybe reduce the coridor width or change the cp position near the wall ?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Keyro

Old Freight get boring, especially second point with only 2 ways to push from mid you have to “pre uber” everytime you want to push and hope you will have luck.

Badlands only has 1 and nobody complains about that.

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Badlands only has 1 and nobody complains about that.

choke, house, valley

Rele

Quoted from wer

[…]choke, house, valley

With choke not being as narrow as any part of freight 2nd.

Xizk

k^m

Don’t know what people are complaining about when it comes to sniping. I find first and second really sniper friendly.

Like the changes done to the last point, but the second is still shit and feels claustrophobic.

Other then that, I like it!

Memento Mori

Middle is the same, kind of sucks and is good for snipers. Second makes me violently sick… it’s like a crack den for heavies sandvich addiction. It’s giving me a headache thinking about it, so I’ll move onto 1st, which is much better because attacking snipers aren’t as useful.

Heavy is also annoying as fuck to kill as soldier. Unrelated but there it is. One more reason to uber your demo.

kaidus

WiK?

As if you being a soldier wasn’t reason enough.

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

I don’t understand why I quite clearly invented the D-Day/Normandy/Saving Private Ryan metaphor (called it on page 2), yet at least two people have misused it about the new CP1 design. Which, compared to the prior version, is all about cover and not being totally visible on your approach.

The first point is attacking uphill with obstacles. Reminds me of Omaha Beach :p

Being unseen when attacking first is kinda hard when the roaming Soldier is standing on the covering plate of metal on the top right. He can see both the right entrances and call them with PLENTY of time to spare.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 Next »