Forum

Is the Direct Hit banned from ETF2L!?

Created 21st December 2009 @ 14:11

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Waebi

‹Con›

This DUMB ASS assumption that the game HAS to be played with 2sc2so1de1me since someone did so over 2 years ago, is so crazy ass foolish it pains anyone sane to watch people “debate” WEAPONS (read: whine endlessly) to no end.

Mid+/Pyro/Kodyl

gryzor

It seems rather odd you deem yourself capable of judging my mental capacity by a bunch of text. It feel strange indeed, considering you just toss around sentences without any real meaning. In other words, you have no to little idea what my point was, and just felt like typing some random nonsense in the hopes I’d feel [insert random emotion here] by someone obviously totally [insert random insult here], that is, you?

How do you figure that’s working out for you so far?

Since you obviously do not care to provide anything constructive and rather resort to namecalling, I’ll just do what I do best — …

Last edited by gryzor,

Skyride

DUCS

Has it possibly occured to you at any point that this game is played with the current class setup because that is the most effective way to play? There is absolutely no rule disallowing a team from running 2x pyros, 2x heavy, a spy and an engineer, but people still don’t do it.

gryzor

*smack forehead*

That’s my point. People are so dumb they whine about weapons on this setup, instead of changing the setup itself.

I presume at least SOME of you have played QWTF, Q3F, ETF, TFC or FF before playing TF2, hence having SOME experience of how these 9 classes have worked in the past AND the different gamemodes available. Considering this, I’d also presume these people have seen what numerous stupid rules and restrictions did to those games — and why in the end, such “restrictions” got to a point where the game IN SOME CASES, was almost unplayable or just ‘not fun’ anymore. Not to mention it was impossible for new people to pick up the game and play matches, and trust me, THAT is something that should be avoided at ALL COSTS.

WHY ON EARTH would you want to REPEAT that CRAP _yet again_ with TF2?

Why?

Making it less random and more skillbased is fine and a worthy cause. Trying to fuck the whole game up by implementing retarded restrictions just because your MENTAL CAPACITY (note the recycling of the word) is not on a enough high gear to COPE with changes, is not.

Hellfish

b2t
dont know if any soldier would use TDH if it wouldnt have the mini crits.
i mean its harder to hit players with that weapon and without the mini crits against airborne it just deals like 30dmg more on point blank. the big disadvantage is that your splash radius is so tiny compared to the normal RL.
maybe the mini crit is a lil bit imbalanced but i think without it nobody would use that weapon. so what about a +20~25% more dmg against airborne or something like that.
or what about an TDH limit of 1, think that woulde give the gameplay a new touch.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

or what about an TDH limit of 1, think that woulde give the gameplay a new touch.

If we do allow the TDH for Season 7, it would likely be with a limit of 1.

I’ve been in contact with Robin over the last week about some of the new weapons and some suggestions of how they can be tweaked to allow them to be used in competitive play. From what I understand, they are looking at the new weapons at the moment and we should see some changes in this coming week. Hopefully that’s real-time and not Valve time!

If we do not see changes before the start of the season, it is possible that sign-ups will open (in the next few days), with a provisional rule-set that are subject to change before the season start date.

franco

What I like about the DH is that it opens up a whole new range of shots that before just couldn’t be made with the regular rocket launcher. My only complaint is that it does too much damage to ‘airborne’ targets so you’re limited to single airs most of the time.

jgmaster

BM

The speed alone isn’t enough to make it desirable to use TDH. This is why it needs something to do be done to airbourne targets (note: not jumping) which makes it a viable alternative. Not the best of the two, and I’m sure there will be soldiers out there who won’t use it, just an alternative.

People don’t like change, they get content in their ways which is why people don’t on the whole like new maps and new weapons. Eventually if the map or weapon is any good they may start to appreciate it but they start of so short sited that they condemn it and anyone who likes it. What’s wrong with diversity?

Basically if TDH is nerfed too much then it’ll turn in a downgrade and not a sidegrade. Noone will use it as the regular RL will be more effective. The same principle applies to other unlocks.

pena

The regular rocket launcher is already more efficient in most situations.

Last edited by pena,

Inuy

#sadboys

i’d like to see it banned at least until the minicrits are fixed

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

just use tftrue

I agree that the regular rocket launcher is still better in most situations and appears to be the choice of the majority of sollies at the moment.. as a result I can’t see the DH as in any way overpowered in terms of the game as a whole. I can understand how people may find certain aspects of it annoying and (if nothing else) the minicrit detection needs to be fixed.. but even as it is I don’t think it’s problematic enough to require a ban or even a limit (any team running 2 DH sollies would be doing an amazing and laudable job if they managed to compete without giving up a constant stream of medic picks).

That said I won’t mind too much if Valve tweaks the weapon a bit.. but if they do nerf certain aspects (e.g. making it to less than 125damage in one shot/taking out minicrits) then it’ll need balancing buffs in other areas (less fall off.. slightly bigger splash so people can’t jump over a shot perfectly at their feet) or it’ll end up being used by no one.

wer

tfortress.no

if they do nerf certain aspects (e.g. making it to less than 125damage in one shot/taking out minicrits) then it’ll need balancing buffs in other areas (less fall off.. slightly bigger splash so people can’t jump over a shot perfectly at their feet) or it’ll end up being used by no one.

This is what I’m wondering about. How in god’s name is the DH OP when the original is better in most situations?

wer

tfortress.no

This is what I’m wondering about. How in god’s name is the DH OP when the original is better in most situations?

Scouts whine because they are being one-shotted. Which is fair enough, was the same when demogrenades could onehit a scout.

And I think we all agree that the mini crits needs to go.

However if u lower the damage and remove mini crits it will need buffs in other areas. Or else it will be useless.

Last edited by wer,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »