Created 7th October 2009 @ 13:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

SfynX

T2P

id imagine only a ban on the forums

fJack

k^m

One question.

Getting a ban, lets say for posting racist shit etc.

Does this mean Ban only from forum, or from ETF2L league too?

i think racism on the forum can get you banned from the league.

Iller

tGa

I think the new rules are fine. It is mostly common sense.
The rules about politics and religion is a bit strange though. I don’t see the problem as long as the other rules are implemented (about a polite tone when you discuss).
Why should those topics be separated from eveything else ?
Also, it is hard to say what is politics and what is not. In some sense almost every opinion is “politics”.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Police state!
Political correctness gone mad!
This is worse than the EU and their straight bananas!
WHAT A LOAD OF SSSHHHHUGAR!!11

eoN^

The rules about politics and religion is a bit strange though. I don’t see the problem as long as the other rules are implemented (about a polite tone when you discuss).
Also, it is hard to say what is politics and what is not. In some sense almost every opinion is “politics”.

The problems are anyone could say “im sexist/racist/whatever because of my religion” or whatever and it will just turn into a flame war.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I’m so tempted to make jokes about oversensitive *you fill in the blanks. :D

Daggial

fap

BUG THERE!
what’s happening if i don’t want to accept the rules because i don’t want to use the forum, but I still want to talk to opponents in match page just to schedule a match? :)
matches are checked constatly by the admins, i don’t see the problem if you allow every player to write there, cause admins can see offences/flames/etc by their own

Last edited by Daggial,

perry

[MIPC]

Permanent ban from forums for racism? k.

Skyride

DUCS

Tbh, I don’t think racism is ever likely to be an issue in etf2l, I know the whole .tB thing happened but besides that which is an in-country dispute and not really racism, I just don’t see it.

Europe is such a culturally diverse area that you can’t be racist simply because your speaking to such a wide variety of people anyway, also, I don’t think there is a single person involved in this league who is truely racist.

The problems arise though when people mis-interpret racism. For example, Im scottish, If I was to make an anti-English joke then most people would get it and not see it as racist, including a English admin. However an admin from Germany might not know all the joke connotations and interpret as racism, therefore giving me a ban.

This is the problem with trying to make abstract concepts objective.

eoN^

Tbh, I don’t think racism is ever likely to be an issue in etf2l, I know the whole .tB thing happened but besides that which is an in-country dispute and not really racism, I just don’t see it.

Europe is such a culturally diverse area that you can’t be racist simply because your speaking to such a wide variety of people anyway, also, I don’t think there is a single person involved in this league who is truely racist.

The problems arise though when people mis-interpret racism. For example, Im scottish, If I was to make an anti-English joke then most people would get it and not see it as racist, including a English admin. However an admin from Germany might not know all the joke connotations and interpret as racism, therefore giving me a ban.

This is the problem with trying to make abstract concepts objective.

Your not Scottish, we dont want you. You can be Welsh or English.

Anyway back to the point, there has in the past been people who are extremely racist (eg Mario, if you knew him / have ever played with / against him you would know how racist he is…) its good to see 0 tolerance on racism even though it SHOULD go without saying.

kaidus

WiK?

Does anyone really care about racism on the internet? Seriously it’s the internet, if you are offended because someone calls you a nigga or whatever ON THE INTERNET you have far bigger problems to concern yourself with.

fJack

k^m

Does anyone really care about racism on the internet? Seriously it’s the internet, if you are offended because someone calls you a nigga or whatever ON THE INTERNET you have far bigger problems to concern yourself with.

or we could just pretend for little while that we’re not 13 and don’t feel the need to express our angst by using naughty words our parents told us not to say. just saying.

Wiiking

Keep the attitude Xzar should be amusing in the future posts to come from you (if any) =)

Sneis you raise a good point problem is 1% of the public will go on a serious route down those two topics, so to avoid it completely we just ruled it out, the admins will know if you or anyone else is having a banter or joking with a mate or being hostile/inappropriate.

:x

Cheers

Byte

Iller läääääs :P

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

(minus) x (minus) = (plus)

(minus) + (minus) = ((m0re) minus) :P

kaidus

WiK?

or we could just pretend for little while that we’re not 13 and don’t feel the need to express our angst by using naughty words our parents told us not to say. just saying.

It isn’t going to happen though as it’s the INTERNET. The phrase “internets srs business” didn’t come for no reason. If you take the shit you see here seriously then something’s up. Let people be racist you anti-racist mother fuckers.

THE GAME IS RATED M SO WHY NOT THE COMMUNITY?!!?!?!?! REBEL?!?!

Last edited by kaidus,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »