Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 56 57 58 ... 64 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Limit 1 (44%, 336 Votes)
Limit 0 (39%, 298 Votes)
Limit 2 (17%, 134 Votes

44%, the largest group of people feel that it is fine with a limit of 1. End of story.

Anathema

You’ve made it quite clear now that you’re just here to troll.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Are you saying that the 44% that voted limit 1 actually voted by mistake? I suppose they want it banned, that’d be great.

Redman350

[FB]

Are you saying that the 44% that voted limit 1 actually voted by mistake? I suppose they want it banned, that’d be great.

It makes more sense if you read it this way.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Someone already proposed to let only the Div1-2 players vote, because they actually care AND know what the game is about. Why not? Let’s see how this poll would end.
Anyway, all the debate on this site won’t change anything, because it’s easy to see that most of the people taking part in it have made up their mind and won’t change it.

And won’t listen to any arguments.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

As Redman350 has pointed out.

39% wants it banned, 44% thinks it’s powerful enough that it should be restricted, which is another way to look at it.

You’re taking things far too literally and using the poll as an absolute. Polls should only be used as an indication of the consensus, not as a final word.

Norris

Someone already proposed to let only the Div1-2 players vote, because they actually care AND know what the game is about. Why not? Let’s see how this poll would end.
Anyway, all the debate on this site won’t change anything, because it’s easy to see that most of the people taking part in it have made up their mind and won’t change it.

And won’t listen to any arguments.

because the league is for all teams. not only for div1/2 gamer. if they really want it removed, they could just set up some gentleman agreements not to use it.

Rct33

So for president they should take the voting as a consideration? It applies to this, because if you let somebody decide its gonna be biased.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

39% wants it banned, 44% thinks it’s powerful enough that it should be restricted, which is another way to look at it.

You’re taking things far too literally and using the poll as an absolute. Polls should only be used as an indication of the consensus, not as a final word.

Well if you want to look at it that way I can look at it this way:

39% want it banned, 44% don’t think it is OP enough to be banned outright, and the rest think its fine as is.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Well if you want to look at it that way I can look at it this way:

39% want it banned, 44% don’t think it is OP enough to be banned outright, and the rest think its fine as is.

Indeed, the point wasn’t that looking at it the way Redman350 proposed was an end-all argument, you missed the point.

The point was that the results can also be interpreted differently, and therefore a poll can’t be used as an absolute argument, but instead just an indicator from where to form logical arguments for and against it, instead of just redirecting to a poll that can be interpreted differently depending on what side you’re on, although this poll only has a 5% difference from ‘fan 1’ and ‘fan 0’, and that’s also close enough to where neither of the results should override another one, and hence, arguments should be used to make your point.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Yes but the 44% result for FaN limit could not be interpreted differently, so whatever way you look at it 44% of the community thinks that it should not be banned outright.

Rele

Tbh the answers of the poll are indeed quite misleading, you can interpret limit 1 in both ways, as both parties pointed out.

The poll should’ve been “Ban FaN? yes/no” and IF no has the majority of the answers, there should be another one “limit to 1 per team? yes/no”.

Anathema

By the way, to once and for all rid this topic of the “Look at the poll” nonsense…
Democracy has nothing to do with this. Competitive games do not resemble a nation, they resemble a sport. Thus they should be treated as such.
How are decisions made in sports? By members of the -Insert sport here- international management board.
These people themselves all have experience in that sport at a high level, from back when they were younger.
So why would e-sport (god I hate that term) be treated any different?
Only the people who play the game to a high standard should be able to vote on matters such as these.
This is based on the fact that whatever works at the highest levels of play, will work for the lower levels as well. A new poll including only div 1/2 players would give a better view on the subject. Even though I’m not a fan of polls. Ideally they should debate their way into making a decision.

Third time I’m posting this. Read it this time.

eoN^

By the way, to once and for all rid this topic of the “Look at the poll” nonsense…
Democracy has nothing to do with this. Competitive games do not resemble a nation, they resemble a sport. Thus they should be treated as such.
How are decisions made in sports? By members of the -Insert sport here- international management board.
These people themselves all have experience in that sport at a high level, from back when they were younger.
So why would e-sport (god I hate that term) be treated any different?
Only the people who play the game to a high standard should be able to vote on matters such as these.
This is based on the fact that whatever works at the highest levels of play, will work for the lower levels as well. A new poll including only div 1/2 players would give a better view on the subject. Even though I’m not a fan of polls. Ideally they should debate their way into making a decision.

This

Norris

NEG SUBJECT NOt REACHED POSTCOUNT 10 YET!
))

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 56 57 58 ... 64 Next »