x
Dear teams and players, thank you for participating in the ETF2L 6v6 Season 47 (Spring 2024). We would appreciate if you could take your time to go through this little feedback form.

Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 55 56 57 ... 64 Next »

David

There’s “gtfo, your opinions are different to me”, and there’s “gtfo, you’re contributing nothing to this debate”. BERSEKER, Koeitje and Arx are here writing things which are actually USEFUL to this debate, and all you’re doing is bringing the tone down with pettiness and repeating “l2p”. Maybe if you could elaborate slightly on HOW to do the things you’re suggesting (“keep their scouts under control”), your opinions would become slightly more valid and slightly less troll-like.

I dont have an opinion, im trying to make them understand that the poll has been made and done but they still wont give up…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

There’s “gtfo, your opinions are different to me”, and there’s “gtfo, you’re contributing nothing to this debate”. BERSEKER, Koeitje and Arx are here writing things which are actually USEFUL to this debate, and all you’re doing is bringing the tone down with pettiness and repeating “l2p”. Maybe if you could elaborate slightly on HOW to do the things you’re suggesting (“keep their scouts under control”), your opinions would become slightly more valid and slightly less troll-like.

I dont have an opinion, im trying to make them understand that the poll has been made and done but they still wont give up…

As far as I know nothing has been decided yet. Especially since this poll is unreliable (anybody with any knowledge about surveys knows that). I don’t know how old you are, but anybody with some form of higher education can tell you that.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

As far as I know nothing has been decided yet. Especially since this poll is unreliable (anybody with any knowledge about surveys knows that). I don’t know how old you are, but anybody with some form of higher education can tell you that.

How is it unreliable? You seem to believe that the poll options were riddles which has made the poll completely irrelevant. It’s not difficult, limit 0 / 1 / 2. Easy peasy.

And yes keep enemy scouts under control by killing them, or wounding them enough to make them fall back. Or if you die your team should be aware that there is a FaN w1elder on teh r4mp4ge lolz!!

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

lets put it this way, if a scout is using the fan, he cant attack and dodge at the same time without making himself completely open to rapage. If you miss him when hes stuck in mid air dont fucking whine about him hitting you when you are.

I have no idea what you are on about.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

lets put it this way, if a scout is using the fan, he cant attack and dodge at the same time without making himself completely open to rapage. If you miss him when hes stuck in mid air dont fucking whine about him hitting you when you are.

He’s talking about the fact that you have be on the ground to shoot the FaN or you’re effectively a sitting duck.

Anathema

By the way, to once and for all rid this topic of the “Look at the poll” nonsense…
Democracy has nothing to do with this. Competitive games do not resemble a nation, they resemble a sport. Thus they should be treated as such.
How are decisions made in sports? By members of the -Insert sport here- international management board.
These people themselves all have experience in that sport at a high level, from back when they were younger.
So why would e-sport (god I hate that term) be treated any different?
Only the people who play the game to a high standard should be able to vote on matters such as these.
This is based on the fact that whatever works at the highest levels of play, will work for the lower levels as well. A new poll including only div 1/2 players would give a better view on the subject. Even though I’m not a fan of polls. Ideally they should debate their way into making a decision.

Read my post again, stop using the poll as something that should be taken into account.
And if you DO jump in a scout 1v1 then you’re either dead or playing against really bad opponents.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

He’s talking about the fact that you have be on the ground to shoot the FaN or you’re effectively a sitting duck.

Yes, but generally scout-dodging against other scouts consists of strafing and not being airborne, and therefore in a scout 1v1 with the FAN you’re fully capable of dodging in the same manner a scattergun scout is.

And yes, ’cause if you shoot while jumping, you end up very similar to how anyone you hit ends up, being a sitting duck. However, when jumping from obstacle to obstacle or doing an evasive maneuver/surprise attack from above, yes, you will suffer the disadvantage of being knocked back.

Though I feel this isn’t a valid argument for your part, as you can’t use the “well, people who’re hit by FAN can just use their double-jump to escape” while the FAN users themselves are incapable of saving their double-jump ’til after they’ve fired? You’ve got to pick if the double-jump after being hit is an argument you wanna use, but then you can’t really use this either, as it’s the same thing.

kaidus

WiK?

lol fan sux or u is nub

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

How is it unreliable? You seem to believe that the poll options were riddles which has made the poll completely irrelevant. It’s not difficult, limit 0 / 1 / 2. Easy peasy.

And yes keep enemy scouts under control by killing them, or wounding them enough to make them fall back. Or if you die your team should be aware that there is a FaN w1elder on teh r4mp4ge lolz!!

Because everybody that makes surveys for a living can tell you that using confusing answers in your suvery that can be interpreted in different is bad, and gives unreliable results. Even if you say it’s easy peasy others might interpret differently.

How do I kill them if they have superior firepower? How do I do enough damage to scare them off if they can 2-shot easily before I can get a shot off? Can you please tell me the super secret way of shooting the enemy scout before he can shoot me? How would you approach granary mid? FaN breaks scout vs scout, Fan doesn’t break scout vs heavies most of the time. The problem starts in the lowest div’s, but gets worse when you move up. Most div 5/6 players don’t have consistent aim so the fan ain’t that bad there (inconsistent strafing patterns work well vs these players and they don’t strafe well). When you hit div 3/4 more people can aim ranges from decent to very good. People learned to strafe there and deal with strafing patterns. This is where the fan starts to fuck up people. Same goes for div2. I have no idea about div1, I’m not going to comment on that. But I do know this weapon lowers the skill ceiling so much that div3/4 scouts can easily compete with div1/div2 scouts. This is just a general observation, players and their skill vary much within a div.

RaCio

GoT²

Because everybody that makes surveys for a living can tell you that using confusing answers in your suvery that can be interpreted in different is bad, and gives unreliable results. Even if you say it’s easy peasy others might interpret differently.

Completely wrong in this case.
Its possible to interpret “limit 0” as “no limit”. However I cant see how “limit 2” can be interpreted as “ban”. So by your logic the amount of players that voted in favor of the FaN being allowed is even larger then what can currently be seen in the poll.

There are other reasons why polls shouldn’t decide weapon bans. More people voted against the dead ringer then against the FaN. And not to mention that there were people voting for limit 1. The danger of double dead ringer spy, lol :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Its possible to interpret “limit 0” as “no limit”. However I cant see how “limit 2” can be interpreted as “ban”. So by your logic the amount of players that voted in favor of the FaN being allowed is even larger then what can currently be seen in the poll.

It is not wrong. Limit the fan for 2 scouts.

Besides, we should stop arguing about some shit poll. All it showed that a large group in the community is in favor of a ban. Maybe not the majority, but still big enough to not simply ignore them.

ps can an admin change my vote from limit 1 to 0. I didn’t play scout much back when I voted, so I didn’t realize how broken it was.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

It is not wrong. Limit the fan for 2 scouts.

Besides, we should stop arguing about some shit poll. All it showed that a large group in the community is in favor of a ban. Maybe not the majority, but still big enough to not simply ignore them.

ps can an admin change my vote from limit 1 to 0. I didn’t play scout much back when I voted, so I didn’t realize how broken it was.

And it also shows that a larger part of the community isn’t in favour of a ban, so quit your whining about superior firepower already. Just deal with it.

Anathema

Read my post and STOP pointing at the poll as if it means anything at all.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Read my post and STOP pointing at the poll as if it means anything at all.

:D

I love how all the anti-FaN brigade cried for a poll and now it hasn’t gone their way it suddenly means nothing.

Redman350

[FB]

Have you tried looking at the poll this way:

17% of people feel the FaN is balanced enough to be adopted into 6v6
83% feel it’s either altogether too powerful or that relative to other weapons it’s too powerful and needs to be restricted

Stop arguing about the poll and argue about the weapon.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 55 56 57 ... 64 Next »