Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 46 Next »

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

I’m a bit split up regarding the equalizer.

– Shovel makes the rollouts more fun, since there is more room for mistake and skill is needed. A good rollout should give more of an advantage on mid, which it does with Shovel.
– Equalizer is more fun to be able to use during games (rollout excluded) when in battle and low, instead of having to slowly back into rollers when retreating, and not be able to jump or run away. Same for quickly reaching battle when spawning far away.

Sandvich is the item that can make heavy possible to use on all points except start-of-round mid, instead of just last-point defense and last-point pushes. It’s the “weapon” that allows heavy to be played aggressively, instead of defensively, which makes it so much more fun to play as a class.

I also think bonk is a nice tactical “weapon” that scouts can play around with and disturb the other team with. I see no cons with it.

——

If all leagues would “unite” with one ruleset, I think Vanilla+Medlocks+Bonk+Sandvich would be really nice.

– It would give prem players their vanilla gameplay
– Rollouts would be much more fun and require more skill, and be more important with Shovel
– It would keep heavy as a possible option and fun class to play on other than last points, even though I think it would remain rarely used on other than those, and not have a big impact overall
– It would give scout a nice tactical option that doesn’t really have a huge impact on the game either

——

However, it’s also nice with some variety. Playing ESL & ETF2L with different rules is pretty fun, it changes the way our team plays quite a lot. I don’t mind different rules in different leagues. It’s nice to have stability in form of vanilla, but it’s also fun to try out new things with cinnamon.

Last edited by Alx,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from xzr

[…]

And allows you to flee from situations where your poor gamesense has taken you and where you would normally die. (Get punished for your misread of the situation)

Or situations i have gotten myself into on purpose because i know i can flee with the equalizer if needed :p

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Cooler

4Queens

ok do whatever you want but dont cry after i annoy the fuck of your team by sydney sleeper

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’ve said before that Sydney sleeper is one gun I would have put on the ban list (for ETF2L rules). We are just lucky it hasn’t been properly abused yet, because it’s one of the most effective support weapons in the game if your sniper knows how to use it correctly.

You simply sit at the back of your team, hold a charge, look who your soldiers / demoman is targetting, and body hit them. Then look for the next target. It’s rediculously effective, the players just drop like flies. Luckily, most teams either don’t use it… or if they do, they just aim for medics, or hit anyone they can, but selective focus firing with the gun is just rediculous.

Gubbins

BEER

Why the fuck do people want bonk?

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Gubbins

Why the fuck do people want bonk?

Cause it’s the “shit I’m screwed, oh wait…” weapon for the scout. Like the equalizer is for the soldier or sandvich for heavy.

Wabbeh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMXaTktUfA

xzr

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Or situations i have gotten myself into on purpose because i know i can flee with the equalizer if needed :p

True, not going to discuss if it’s a good thing though.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Vuze/Adam, ya’ll keep whining about eq=bombing soldiers at mid.

You better hope you never play vs me.

I’ve not used eq in ages because of a few reasons:
1- I believe it makes soldiers stupid. I watch and have watched a lot of high level games, I’ve had the privilege of having friends at high levels who let me sit and spec their games and learn and one thing that always, always pisses me off is watching high level soldiers fighting only to see one of them whip out their eq and instead of taking the smart option and running away they charge into their death killing nothing on their way.
2. I’ve witnessed many soldiers outright FORGET how to roll out due to it. When I roamed I didn’t equalize to mid because I couldn’t roll out (im pretty damn good at my jumps tyvm) i did it because I wanted to be guaranteed 300 every damn time. Did it stop me bombing if I was on 280 or 250 or less? Nope. Because even before the.suicidal mid soldier meta game developed for my team the best way to guarantee a mid win was to trust my rocket aim.

Better make sure you’re soldiers practice their airs Adam, ima bomb you with my shovel to make it that more embarrassing ;D

Also, ArX have my babies.

Xx

(apologies for any random words/punctuation its early and my phone is terrible at recognising this shit sometimes.)

Swarlz

suicidal soldiers these days are well… suicidal. If your playing against a good team who have a decent pair of scouts that can deal with that sort of aggression in about two seconds your fucked.

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

In div 5 level though it’s more effective. Because at that level most soldiers cant get to mid in good time AND with full buff WITHOUT the eq. And often most scouts aren’t consistent enough to finish BOTH soldiers before they get your medic down. Meaning the solution is often to just do the same to them. Meaning medics rarely survive mid and it turns into chaos on mid- probably entertaining to watch but gets kinda boring. Especially on badlands

xzr

Quoted from bulletproofsmurf

In div 5 level though it’s more effective. Because at that level most soldiers cant get to mid in good time AND with full buff WITHOUT the eq. And often most scouts aren’t consistent enough to finish BOTH soldiers before they get your medic down. Meaning the solution is often to just do the same to them. Meaning medics rarely survive mid and it turns into chaos on mid- probably entertaining to watch but gets kinda boring. Especially on badlands

Please tell me more about div5. I am interested. Genuinely.

dauk

Quoted from AcidReniX

I’ve said before that Sydney sleeper is one gun I would have put on the ban list (for ETF2L rules). We are just lucky it hasn’t been properly abused yet, because it’s one of the most effective support weapons in the game if your sniper knows how to use it correctly.

You simply sit at the back of your team, hold a charge, look who your soldiers / demoman is targetting, and body hit them. Then look for the next target. It’s rediculously effective, the players just drop like flies. Luckily, most teams either don’t use it… or if they do, they just aim for medics, or hit anyone they can, but selective focus firing with the gun is just rediculous.

aha but how would you prove it to “i love that gun guys”? If you’re holding your points for unlocks hold it correctly. I believe in future there will be even more shat weapons like ss and again debates shall we ban it or not. Thats the big plus of vanilla.

Swarlz

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Xzr, you remind me of one of those things – you know 50% of the popultion have them? Smell like an old fish market, looks like an old mans eye who suffers from serious eye infections… god damn it it will come to me eventually

Edit*

Oh yes a cunt.

Last edited by Swarlz,

kurt

trick17
trick17

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Why do you behave like this?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 46 Next »