Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »

Memento Mori

These rules are perfect, common sense that should have been implemented long ago.

“ban anything that makes the game shitter”

lupus

rhs
RHS

Allow the GRU, they’re the best thing that happened to this game since the introduction of custom crosshairs!
The availability argument is just, but think about it: how many more heavies are there really gonna be? There’s probably already more GRUs around then there are players within the etf2l, moreso hw players. You can even borrow them from teammates for matches with the new trade system.
There’s really no need to go another season without the heavy being a valueable extra class on all maps.
The GRU are not about needlessly buffing the heavy, they’re about making him playable competitively again (finally).
Especially since cp_well was removed, there’s only gravelpit left for him – do we really want the heavy to perish from the game we all love?
Raise your voices crusaders for the rights of fat people!

Last edited by lupus,

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from kaidus

The whole point that all the weapons are banned is because people have no guaranteed access to them. Only after a lengthy period of time can you decently assume that anyone who wants a weapon has had the oppurtunity to get it.

Can’t be true. I got home (had been afk), spent 15 minutes on pubs and I had the GRU. Easy.

Jude

notdoggo

Quoted from kaidus

The whole point that all the weapons are banned is because people have no guaranteed access to them. Only after a lengthy period of time can you decently assume that anyone who wants a weapon has had the oppurtunity to get it.

that argument was BARELY valid when crafting came out. but now that trading is here, with 5/6 guaranteed items per week and easy access to trading, theres no excuse not to have any item in the game ( excluding hats of course)

jaks

rhs
RHS

Quoted from lupus

Allow the GRU, they’re the best thing that happened to this game since the introduction of custom crosshairs!
The availability argument is just, but think about it: how many more heavies are there really gonna be? There’s probably already more GRUs around then there are players within the etf2l, moreso hw players. You can even borrow them from teammates for matches with the new trade system.
There’s really no need to go another season without the heavy being a valueable extra class on all maps.
The GRU are not about needlessly buffing the heavy, they’re about making him playable competitively again (finally).
Especially since cp_well was removed, there’s only gravelpit left for him – do we really want the heavy to perish from the game we all love?
Raise your voices crusaders for the rights of fat people!

I do raise my voice for the rights of fat people! +1 GRU should be allowed for season8!!!

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from jaks

[…]

I do raise my voice for the rights of fat people! +1 GRU should be allowed for season8!!!

F yeah I’m fat AND lazy I wanna play around with sasha

blisf

Quoted from Jude

[…]

that argument was BARELY valid when crafting came out. but now that trading is here, with 5/6 guaranteed items per week and easy access to trading, theres no excuse not to have any item in the game ( excluding hats of course)

Iv’e managed to get all of the weapons in less than 24 hours after the update. Just go to tf2.trade or trading forum on spuf, and you’ll find someone with 99% garuntee

Tikcus

A good decision from the admin team, i’d like to see the GRU and the vita-saw, however untill they can be crafted they can not be allowed (afaik the VS you can not even buy in the shop).

the only thing I dislike in the unlock rules is

No Holy Mackerel :(

please un ban the fish

Tikcus

Quoted from blisf

[…]

Iv’e managed to get all of the weapons in less than 24 hours after the update. Just go to tf2.trade or trading forum on spuf, and you’ll find someone with 99% garuntee

I got all the weapons within 24 hours aswell, but i new about the update, was expecting the update so saved every drop for last 6-8 weeks and crafted them all straight away (got vita-saw first drop after update, however I did buy the GRU £3.49 worth every penny)

un-ban the fish

Last edited by Tikcus,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

unban the fish

fisk

KiH
KiH

UNBAN TEH FISK

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

free the fish!

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Jude

[…]

5/6 guaranteed items per week. Let’s take a look at what items I’ve got in the past week…

Hmm, 3 jarates, 1 chocolate bar, 1 KGB. Ah yes I can see how I was wrong. So many people will be just so interested in trading shiney new items with me!

I’m not saying this is a reason to ban everything forever, but you cannot allow this shit to be used in competition a mere couple of weeks after release.

Last edited by kaidus,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

FREE THE FISH!

Tikcus

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

5/6 guaranteed items per week. Let’s take a look at what items I’ve got in the past week…

Hmm, 3 jarates, 1 chocolate bar, 1 KGB. Ah yes I can see how I was wrong. So many people will be just so interested in trading shiney new items with me!

I’m not saying this is a reason to ban everything forever, but you cannot allow this shit to be used in competition a mere couple of weeks after release.

With those drops, you are 1 scrap metal away from mad milk!

2 X Jarate = scrap
KGB + Choc bar = scrap
Scrap + scrap + scrap = 1 Reclaimed Metal

Jarate + Reclaimed Metal = Mad Milk!

They don’t seem like a bad weeks drops to me.

However you are missing the point

Free the Fish

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »