Forum

season 8 mix old/new?!?!

Created 25th September 2010 @ 06:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from jukebox

needs more cp_well & cp_fastlane/prolane

Why not throw in hydro too for more stalemate.

rtan

-9w-

fucking love a bit of well. make it happen. no to viaduct too, bloody garbage.

Last edited by rtan,

ups

Quoted from Garm3n

I know by experience something that will work for a lot of players. As a former tennisplayer i had, of course, my favorite arenas even though the courts (maps) were the same. The size of the courts was the same and they had the same surface as in arenas i didn’t like. The difference was in the surroundings and the layout (theme)

I’m sure that, for example, Badlands will experience some, small but still, different playstyles if the theme was changed. And i’m also sure that it will have impacts on the player attitudes.

Lets imagine Badlands, exactly as it is today by size and everything, but with the grassy theme, or the snowy theme.

It will have the same influence like a redecorated room. It’s the same but it feel all new :)

And don’t forget that colors have huge impacts on humans (animals too)

So, i’m sure that many aren’t tired of the map it self, just the theme :)

If here is someone, who are able and want to, change Badlands to a different theme i’m sure that version will bring back some joy to many disgruntled players :)

Half a year ago a guy called “loled” @ facepunch made a map called
cp_snowlands
http://www.nervousenergy.co.uk/downloads/cp_snowlands.zip

which is basically a re-skin of badlands with a snowy theme. I ran around the map for 5 minutes, then got used to the fact that it’s badlands with a Christmas tree near the spire. I don’t think this impacts the game that much, unless the colors of the map are repetitive (tiring) to begin with. We are competitive players and we base our map choice mostly by the gameplay it offers, not the visuals.

Just my 2 cents tho.

Last edited by ups,

Vladi

TIDS

well i dont know.
the problem is, everyone is demanding change and diversion, but when it comes to change or if the etf2l-admins try something new (for example gorge or coldfront, even obscure at its time, or the community/mixing resonance to prolane) the community doesnt react very well.

from my point of observation, it seems to me very clear, that most of the people just dont want to play other maps – they just want to complain about playing “only grandlands” but if actally something changes, they complain about it too.

no offense to anyone.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from rtan

fucking love a bit of well. make it happen. no to viaduct too, bloody garbage.

I like well since we went 1-0 up against FB at lan. Still it’s a slow map.

yin

how about gully, well , snowlands, coldfront, viaduct granlands, old freight

Edd

T2P

badlands
granary
turbine
gravelpit
well
mainline
gullywash

only good maps tbh

Think Yukon is a worth a try tbh, it seems fairly good, although if Gunboats will be available, the mid can be quite a b*tch to a medic.
King of the hill might be fun, it’s different than the other 5cp’s. No Turbine though, that is the most boring map I have ever played. CP_Snakewater or w/e could be something, if it’s modified a bit. Badlands and Granary are legends. Maybe like this:
Granary
Badlands
Viaduct
Yukon
Obscure
Freight
Gravel pit

Smofo

Im THAT good!

We need less maps how about only:

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_gullywash
cp_freight

alfa

No turbine, just get viaduct, ashville and/or mainline in.

Something like:

Badlands
Granary
Freight
Yukon
Gravelpit
Well
Mainline

Last edited by alfa,

yin

Quoted from Edd

badlands