Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 45 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Califax

Cons
– Will require 4 or 5 more rounds to be played then in a 16-teams-double-elim bracket.

I’ve not looked in massive detail, but what struck me was potential time as there are a lot of games there.

This, single con alone, might be a huge issue :X

I like what you’ve proposed from a rough glance there though Califax, especially from a non-prem and non-pub perspective.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Califax

huge

format looks nice, just throwing in one thing here for dem organisators: Make sure that the players somewhat “see” the format of the tournament once it’s on (big screen/s, whiteboard/paper, whatever) as i remember from a long time ago that playing some matches felt pretty “detached” on its own. Also builds excitement for everyone (yo if X win this, then Y… etc)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Califax

I do like and agree with things Greg, R7an & Hildreth are saying, so maybe keeping the old system isn’t such a bad thing…

However the biggest thing that bugs me the most about the old system, is that 20% of the registered players are paying good money coming from abroad to play in this tournament, but 75% of the teams will not get to play past the pools in a 16-teams-double-elim bracket.

(Inb4: “It’s not all about the tournament”. No, but i still don’t like those numbers)

That’s why i have arranged the highlander tournament to start after the groups finish so you can join that if you like also :). You’ll still get 6 or 7 good 6v6 group games due to the amount of teams attending also. Don’t like highlander? Get drunk and play some lan pcw’s ;)

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Waebi

[…]

format looks nice, just throwing in one thing here for dem organisators: Make sure that the players somewhat “see” the format of the tournament once it’s on (big screen/s, whiteboard/paper, whatever) as i remember from a long time ago that playing some matches felt pretty “detached” on its own. Also builds excitement for everyone (yo if X win this, then Y… etc)

The format of the tournament is always on clanforge along with the times the games, it updates the group stages and double elim tables in real time also. We will have an IRC bot that will constantly spam the important links in #insomnia-tf2 so you are all kept up to date.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

LAN pcws would be a nice thing to push this time as we’ll actually have the numbers. LAN irc channel/bot for it perhaps?

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

That’s why i have arranged the highlander tournament to start after the groups finish so you can join that if you like also :).

You have got to be kidding… I really hope you are.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Califax

[…]

You have got to be kidding… I really hope you are.

Well by that i mean groups finish friday night, knockouts and highlander start saturday late morning. Not start playing highlander at 1am friday ^_^

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Are we really at 50% because the stupid chipin plugin never effing updates for me, I even did the trick that hildreth posted :/

http://www.extelevision.com/

?

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

$10,000 is insane. Good job everyone who chipped in!

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

http://www.extelevision.com/

?

I have the same… It’s stuck on 4.1k for me.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

http://i45.tinypic.com/18dd87.jpg <–Seeing is believing!

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Well by that i mean groups finish friday night, knockouts and highlander start saturday late morning. Not start playing highlander at 1am friday ^_^

I actually ment i hope you were kidding thinking Highlander is of any interest (I.M.O), and a valid substitude to keep the bracket limited @ 16 teams. Can you please consider upgrading it to 32 if you want to hang on to the old system?

kaidus

WiK?

I dunno what the problem is in honesty. It’s really not that uncommon in esports or regular sports for the group stages to be a snooze fest for the top seeds. The knock-outs will be absolutely gold. Honestly I don’t know why people are talking about when the “top 4” will face each other, because as far as I can tell there is a strong top 6 pushing even as far as a top 8 that will be genuinely competitive with a handful of teams sitting further beyond that who have a legitimate shot at upsetting this top 6-8.

The only thing I will say is that it would be nice if there could be harsher rules regarding late teams. It’s one thing if you have technical problems, that can’t be avoided, but what is really fucking annoying (especially for top seeds) is when you have to sit and wait 20 minutes for a team that you will most likely beat in less than 10. It’s already bad enough that you have to play a game that’s over very quickly and then twiddle your thumbs for 40 minutes (a period of time that really doesn’t allow you to do anything, but is long enough to be a tedious wait) waiting for the next match.

Last edited by kaidus,

MOSFET

[DSG]

If you guys had not heard, mackey will be taking dave__AC’s place as the roamer for LG

Donate please! If you do, then you too can see if mackey can actually use a shotgun

shdwpuppet

Quoted from MOSFET

If you guys had not heard, mackey will be taking dave__AC’s place as the roamer for LG

Donate please! If you do, then you too can see if mackey can actually use a shotgun

He would sooner offclass.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 45 Next »