Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 45 Next »

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from TurboTabs

I agree with every and all solutions/suggestions that will prevent freight and obscure being in the map pool

Edd

T2P

Quoted from TurboTabs

I agree with every and all solutions/suggestions that will prevent freight and obscure being in the map pool

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Tapley, just add turbine instead and watch *everyone shut up when obscure is added again after the world’s largest shitstorm.

*Nearly everyone.

hans

Ooooh please add Turbine pro, best map ever

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

cp_well it is!

Turbine makes me want to harm myself

IPZIE

SUAVE

the contrapoints i see for the map obscure for a LAN are :

– you want fast paced games with a lot of action going on / hyped players / – viewers / – casters

-> makes the game fun to watch for people that know whats going on / attracts new people that walk by and see Admirable going nuts for a nice bomb by KnoxXx ( lol ) on gullywash for example

– nobody really enjoyed playing this map this season and i barely saw teams training it

OFC its their fault but that also comes from other teams not willing to play the map until this maps week – doom loop

– what we ended up with were half hearted games with teams that h barely had any strategies for this map, maybe tcm had a few but you know why :D

– it felt like the only viable strat was to run a sniper or not and the rest was pure dm fights on the mids and the most stalematey last pushes you have ever seen in a videogame / Maybe not in age of empires 3

my suggestion would be to try to put fast pasted maps like viaduct and even tho i hate it cp_crossaint or turbine in the pool, make some cups before the i series to make teams play those maps and see how people react to it

Snyyppis

RLM

Any particular reason there needs to be a 6-map map pool in the knockout stage?

I don’t see it as a particularly bad thing to have different maps in the groups, just narrow it down in the deciding games.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Ok guys who’d like to win 12 free ticket to lan?

Thinking of organising some online qualifiers again, splitting it between a higher and lower bracket, if theres interest i believe the only sticking point would be defining rules to split higher and lower bracket teams :x. Any Suggestions? Seems like there will always been a team or two trying to dodge the rules and snap up easy tickets in the lower bracket :].

Is this still happening Tapley?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

377 TF2’ers now have tickets.

Online qualifiers i should have some info on this hopefully this week, but maybe difficult to schedule so might wait till the majority of Nations Cup games are done with.

Also i believe i can get hold of the last 3 semi decent MPUK desktops with screens for 60 pounds each (total) if anyone is interested drop me a mail tapley AT gmail.com and i’ll see if i can sort you out, first come first served, euro players taken preference. I can then get you sorted with MPUK.

PC Spec: Intel® Core™2 Q6600, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT GFX or higher and 4GB Ram
Monitor Spec: 19″ Samsung/Packard Bell

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Black_Bob

[DA]

Awsome we have a sweedish player on our team who put off coming due to not being able to get a pc at the event, will ask him tonight if he can still make it work may be an issue now.

Black_Bob

[DA]

He cant get the time off of work now gutted :( but oh well lan in just over a month :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

1 TUP pc left

TurboTabs

(Classy)
BEER

Quoted from Black_Bob

He cant get the time off of work now gutted :( but oh well lan in just over a month :D

Wait a tick, vaette was coming to LAN? Omg how, the man is a mystery..

Jakle

Quoted from Snyyppis

Any particular reason there needs to be a 6-map map pool in the knockout stage?

I don’t see it as a particularly bad thing to have different maps in the groups, just narrow it down in the deciding games.

This, pls no obscure.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 45 Next »