Forum

NA and European TF2... Let's experiment!

Created 21st March 2010 @ 07:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »

Dummy

except national teams practice on different continents and temperatures WAY more often then tf2 mixes so theyre used to it.

runtime

Y’all need to chill out. This match really doesn’t prove anything, if America won then I don’t really think we can say soldier strats are better. But we all just want to see how it plays out, how the effectiveness of the demoman changes, etc.

runtime

Btw US may not be terribly good at soccer, but England is the laughing stock of international play.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from extine

Man I hope the US can beat England in the World Cup. Prolly not gonna happen, but hopefully we can get out of the group stage anyways. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll find out some more juicy John Terry gossip right before the World cup, then England will crack under the pressure :D I’ll keep dreaming.

You have John Terry gossip in America?

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from extine

Man I hope the US can beat England in the World Cup. Prolly not gonna happen, but hopefully we can get out of the group stage anyways. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll find out some more juicy John Terry gossip right before the World cup, then England will crack under the pressure :D I’ll keep dreaming.

If it were against any other team I would agree with you. Getting the US more involved with football would be a fantastic thing for the sport as a whole and the players really play like they’re hungry for the game despite the apparent indifference of their own nation. However, the lack of international success for England is such a psychological burden on our entire country that I feel if we won a trophy it would rejuvenate the entire populace, heralding a new golden age of English cultural and economic success.

Put simply, the health of a nation is at stake.

Sketch

MM

if this were to work i wouldn’t mind a few games against American teams. if the idea is not for competition but just for a bit of a laugh and to bring the communities together. surely the middle and low end teams from both continents could get involved too. I think a greater intercontinental mix of games could attract a lot more attention to our game. especially if the lower games built up to the high end games :P

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

England play USA in the FIFA World Cup, hosted in South Africa, on the 12th June.

:)

I honestly reckon USA can do well tbh, they’ve beaten some good teams lately, defo not going to be a walkover for England anyways

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from runtime

Btw US may not be terribly good at soccer, but England is the laughing stock of international play.

Thank fuck we play football then not this soccer malarky.

OneBigFuse

BiG

Quoted from runtime

Wow, here’s me thinking it was Scotland. I suppose we can still leech off the fact we beat France :D

poxie

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]
Put simply, the health of a nation is at stake.

Don’t tell Wayne Rooney then- not that he’d understand most of what you just said.

pyyyour

10:38 AM – [FB] Fisshu: you’re coming to a LAN
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: we are trying to go to i40
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: yes
10:38 AM – [FB] Fisshu: :O
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: i need to show himt he interest
10:38 AM – [FB] Fisshu: ;O
10:38 AM – [FB] Fisshu: ;O
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: so it helps us all
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: LOL
10:38 AM – coL.PYYYOUR: AJHAHAHA
10:39 AM – [FB] Fisshu: :o
10:39 AM – [FB] Fisshu: :O

Darn

rockit like

just do assembly and i40. Both are in august

JimmyBreeze

k^m

In terms of coverage, Pure, we can be pretty hopeful that cadred (which calls itself the “largest esports news and events site in Europe”) will send at least one person to do live coverage at i40. Can’t have the same confidence about summer assembly, but let’s hope so.

pyyyour

We were actually discussing going to both events but one is at the start of August and one is at the end of August, which means we would have to miss a month of “life” here or coL would have to spend 2x on travel and accommodation —

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Pure@Lan? :O

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 Next »