Forum

New TF2 DM Server

Created 31st January 2010 @ 18:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Assault Marine Sigh

Quoted from saiboat

same goes for sollys who stay on the containers in granary and spam their nuclear rockets down…
sometimes i think removing scoring points would fix a lot of things in dm :p

nuclear rockets …. okay.

Anyway I fail to see how comparing soldiers holding a position on the map (quite likely in a game) compares to being consistently shot in the spine by scouts every time they spawn. (not likely to happen much in a game)

Fact is scouts make dm boring for everyone who isnt a scout.

edit: I would love to dm against scouts in a ‘fair’ fight (I use fair loosely as its not really fair when its fair….). But being taken down to half hp before I even know where the guy is gets tiresome.

Last edited by Assault Marine Sigh,

saiboat

are you comparing dm to actual pcws?
to me dm is for having a fast paced game of tf2 which is as fair and ballanced as possible without any lame shit available to the players.
unfortunately i have no knowledge of coding plugins so i can’t figure out how to add stuff like helping snipers having more fun on dm or add a pyro who cant use fire…
and even then you have scouts and sollys who are lame. im a scout and i rage half of the time playing cause im in a duel with a scout and a pro solly spams a rocket from far away. if youre a solly youll rage about scouts… but thats just how it is :|

shank

vs

True you should remove points, nemesis and not setting any points system. That would make it awsome. oh and you must have gravelpit B in your rotation coz for me its the best dm map ever (only thing i miss at r@ts) aand that would be all.

Assault Marine Sigh

Quoted from saiboat

are you comparing dm to actual pcws?
to me dm is for having a fast paced game of tf2 which is as fair and ballanced as possible without any lame shit available to the players.
unfortunately i have no knowledge of coding plugins so i can’t figure out how to add stuff like helping snipers having more fun on dm or add a pyro who cant use fire…
and even then you have scouts and sollys who are lame. im a scout and i rage half of the time playing cause im in a duel with a scout and a pro solly spams a rocket from far away. if youre a solly youll rage about scouts… but thats just how it is :|

Well I dont know about anyone else, but I play dm servers to improve my dm skills for matches. So yes I am comparing dm to actual pcw’s because thats where I will need to tranfer my skills to and from.

Destrutor

Once again, I need help coding and setting this up.

Assault Marine Sigh

Quoted from Destrutor

Once again, I need help coding and setting this up.

I would help, but havent touched the insides of a server since condition zero.

Destrutor

I’ve sent Multiplay a support ticket asking them to wipe the server and install the mods, I’m not confident doing it, since I tried and nothing happened when I loaded blands or granary. Also, the configs were screwed up after I messed around with them a bit to try and get something going that didn’t work either.

Assault Marine Sigh

ah fair enough, thats one way to do it :D

saiboat

Quoted from shank

oh and you must have gravelpit B in your rotation coz for me its the best dm map ever (only thing i miss at r@ts) aand that would be all.

i feel you mate but if you see a running dm server which has gravel on please tell me. at the moment it crashes as soon as i put it on. somehow something is failing with tf2dm and that map at the moment :(

Quoted from saiboat

im a scout and i rage half of the time playing cause im in a duel with a scout and a pro solly spams a rocket from far away. if youre a solly youll rage about scouts… but thats just how it is :|

And that is why people are asking for scout only/no scout servers, which is what started this discussion in the first place- if a point you’re trying to make leaves you right where you started, you’re doing it wrong.

Also, after playing both scout and soldier on dm servers I have to say, soldier gets the short end of the stick as usual- can’t count the times I tried to RJ for another soldier just to get killed by scatters before even landing. Scouts don’t have to expose themselves by rushing into the enemy, for solly “practice” that’s the whole point. Ergo, scouts make dm dumb and pointless. All the more reason to make scout only/no scout servers.

Destrutor

Well, Multiplay sent me a message back saying to make a new profile, and do the settings and mods I want there. I did so, loaded the plugins I wanted (TF2DM, Sourcemod, Killerinfo and ClassRestrictions), loaded the server and it still just loads to badlands, you spawn in the spawn room and when you die, have regular spawn times… I’m probably doing something epicly wrong so for the last god damn time, I need help setting this up, or I’m just going to take the server down.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from saiboat

same goes for sollys who stay on the containers in granary and spam their nuclear rockets down…
sometimes i think removing scoring points would fix a lot of things in dm :p

Haha yeah. Especially on granary its bad. They just sit there and spam the ground.

Cobby

-9m-

Quoted from Destrutor

Well, Multiplay sent me a message back saying to make a new profile, and do the settings and mods I want there. I did so, loaded the plugins I wanted (TF2DM, Sourcemod, Killerinfo and ClassRestrictions), loaded the server and it still just loads to badlands, you spawn in the spawn room and when you die, have regular spawn times… I’m probably doing something epicly wrong so for the last god damn time, I need help setting this up, or I’m just going to take the server down.

You want to check that the plugins are running, by typing the following in rcon “sm plugins list”. If everything is good you should have the plugins running on the list. Other than that, make sure you installed the cfg file that came with the TF2DM plugin and put it in the right place

Destrutor

[SM] Listing 25 plugins:
01 “Admin File Reader” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
02 “SQL Admins (Threaded)” (1.2.0) by AlliedModders LLC
03 “Admin Help” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
04 “Admin Menu” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
05 “Anti-Flood” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
06 “Basic Ban Commands” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
07 “Basic Chat” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
08 “Basic Comm Control” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
09 “Basic Commands” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
10 “Basic Info Triggers” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
11 “Basic Votes” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
12 “Client Preferences” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
13 “Fun Commands” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
14 “Fun Votes” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
15 “MapChooser” (1.1.0) by AlliedModders LLC
16 “mapvote-reweight” (1.1.1) by Zerak
17 “Nextmap” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
18 “Player Commands” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
19 “Reserved Slots” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
20 “Sound Commands” (1.2.4) by AlliedModders LLC
21 “TF2 Fast Respawn” (1.0) by Tsunami
22 “TF2: Killer’s Info” (1.0.1) by Nut
23 “TF2 Class Restrictions” (0.5) by Tsunami
24 “Mapvote” (1.2.1) by Zerak
25 “Rock The Vote” (1.1.0-svn) by AlliedModders LLC
Load Errors:
Mapvote: Both mapvote.smx and mapchooser.smx is enabled to create a end of map vote, please disable one of them.

Thats what I get when I type that in, apart from that I don’t know how to change cfg’s that are installed on multiplay. I could probably do it on gameservers, but multiplay are weird and have everything there in a gui. You just click on the mod you want and hit install, which is what I did…

EDIT – Everything works now, apart from the mapvote. Also, are you supposed to get full hp and ammo on a kill, or is that just something that the r@ts clan have done personally to their server?

Last edited by Destrutor,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

added you on steam, i can help you

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »