Forum

What Happened?

Created 19th November 2009 @ 14:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

If the ban is not carried through into ETF2L then double standards have come into play.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

“If a player intentionally manipulate his Aequitas file, he and his team will get six penalty points. Players who repeatedly manipulate their Aequitas files will be barred from all ladders.”

Has he done it before?

I hate to quote myself but if he hasn’t done it before then according to esl rules it’s only a weeks ban for him and YYT http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/rules/ 9.4.1

yes, if said person didn’t cheat. why would a person who cheated and removed ventrilo.exe from the logfile only get a 7 day ban?

compton

cvx|

Reverse double standards anyone?? When people moaned about div3-5 players getting banned, nobody pulls the “double standards” argument, but when people moan about a div1 player banned and say that the ban is notable (which it is, cause cheating in div1 is more rare), you suddenly have a double standard?

Personally, I think every ban should be backed up with publicized evidence. And div1 is no exception.

Last edited by compton,

yes, if said person didn’t cheat. why would a person who cheated and removed ventrilo.exe from the logfile only get a 7 day ban?

Why have a rule if you’re not going to follow it? If there is other proof he cheated then great but if that’s all the evidence there is then either the rules are flawed or the decision is.

Last edited by daithi1,

skinnie

TCM

*nm , new info

Last edited by skinnie,

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

OK, from what i’ve gathered this is how (i think) it goes:

– Players upload their aequitas files for everyone to see.
– Other people (suspicious opponents?) can download the file, open it up and see if any files were modified. (probably with some hash check)
Why? Because the ESL admins do not have the time to look at everyone’s aequitas files, so other people can, and look for strange things, and if they find something, they can call an admin.

– In the publicly available logfiles you can only see something has been modified, but not what has been modified.
The ESL admins have another copy of the logfiles (probably uploaded encrypted somewhere) which isn’t modified.

So if someone reports a modification, the admin can check the original log, and see what was removed, and base his actions on that.

So if you load up boomeh’s aequitas zipfile (i just did that), you can see that his logfile has been modified. See here: http://deneusbeer.nl/tf2/boomeh.png

So someone noticed that, the admins had a look and (this is pure speculation) saw him launching some cheat app (which can be seen with its MD5 hash) and banned him.

Please note: This is all just public information (except for the speculation bit) made available by the ESL. ETF2L has nothing to do with this, nor am i an ETF2L admin, despite the site admin tag. This is just a summary of some things ;)

Apart from this, it’s just wait and see what ETF2L will do and what info they’ll get from ESL.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

AnAkkk

Why have a rule if you’re not going to follow it? If there is other proof he cheated then great but if that’s all the evidence there is then either the rules are flawed or the decision is.

Of course there is proof that he cheated. It was an automatic detection by Aequitas. The manipulated aequitas file is just an other thing.

Of course there is proof that he cheated. It was an automatic detection by Aequitas. The manipulated aequitas file is just an other thing.

Ah ok :), bye bye boomeh

Last edited by daithi1,

nvc

I wish the internet would automatically detect your annoyingness and ban you for life, honestly. Just wait for an official response from boomeh and from the admins, i’m sure their not as secretive as the ETF2L admins.

Last edited by nvc,

Typh0n

AUTOBOTS

:)

Last edited by Typh0n,

I presume he’s gonna get banned by ETF2L now?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

before talking about double standards I first like to know who else got banned before all this on etf2l because of a supposedly altered aequitas log file ?

altering the log was to hide the cheat, nobody has been banned by ETF2L for altering Aeq logs (afaik), but that’s obviously not the point in question, the point was the cheating.

Last edited by Fragga,

toasty.

PHX

Are there any legitimate reasons to alter the log?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I’m not asking for proof. I’m asking why all these files are public even though the normal user can’t do shit with them. I don’t even give a fuck about him cheating or not, that’s not my concern.

So stop dodging my question and just answer it. ETF2L might not be the right place to discuss it, but I don’t know if ESL even has a forum.

OK, from what i’ve gathered this is how (i think) it goes:

– In the publicly available logfiles you can only see something has been modified, but not what has been modified.
The ESL admins have another copy of the logfiles (probably uploaded encrypted somewhere) which isn’t modified.

Nope. You can’t see that anything is modified. Therefore it is useless to any normal user.

Arnold

DAKKA

He might be accused of cheating but he still isn’t french or russian, so there’s no need for a ban.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »