Forum

Regarding demoman limit

Created 8th June 2008 @ 16:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »

Moose

[MIPC]

Good post ARX, I totally agree with you. I too would prefer demolimit 1 but I can live with 2 as well because my team has 2 really good demos and we will be using them when needed as long as it’s allowed. In my opinion, it doesn’t really make that big of a difference in most maps but for example well, goldrush and the ctf maps are much more enjoyable to play if demos are limited to 1.

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

“There are set rules.. You don’t see a game of football with 2 or 3 goalkeepers.”

Not being to well informed regarding the rules of soccer, but i assume you are free to use whichever lineup you please except for goalies. Hence greece played with 10 defenders when they won the european championships a few eyars back ;). Some teams prefer 4-4-2, some like 4-3-3.. but having more than 2 strikers should be against the rules, aye;)?

Riemu

element //

great post arx!

Sad Giraffe

Mani

2 demoman tactics have its uses and I like to see diffrent strats and ways to play being used in the game.

But lets get real here…. Like 90% of the time when 2 demomen is being used its to cockblock an enemy team from moving forward or spam them with noskill grenades.
Until that changes i’m all in for that 1 demoman limit.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

This is just gonna effect the Division 1.
It sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it will work. For an example, if a Division 2 Clan wins Division 2 and goes up in Division 1, what are the chances that they will succeed there? So I think this has to relate to other Divisons, if the Division 1 isnt going to be a closed Division which would be sad.

Two Demomen are a pain in the ass for a Heavy.
Yeah, two scouts are a pain in the ass for a Demoman aswell, as two Soldiers are a pain in the ass for a solo scout. Every class has one class its weak too, and one its effective against. Thats just the way Team Fortress 2 is created and meant to play. That is nontheless tactic coming around the door. You gotta have a tactic that can outsmart two demomen, and im sure that we all can figure out something that can do that.

Also i think these kind of Classlimits ruin the game, TF2 is a game based on tactics as we all know, why ruin it with just chopping off several different tactics that can be used with two Demomen?

If this purposal is going through, why not put Classlimits one to all classes?

I only play in Division 3, but i think that everyone has the right to explain their thoughts about this one, since it will regard the whole TF2 Community.

Wlv

RaWr ::

So, Riemu, Dunc, Wlv and more…….. argue for your cause and get the rules changed the “proper” way.

I never signed any list. Get a clue.

shifty

Sir

I can just about get over the badlands 2 demoman limit, but 2 demoman on dustbowl ¬.¬, especially the massive long narrow choke area up to last point on dustbowl, its ridiculous.

seraph

rEJ

erm, I’m surprised it’s not been asked before, but can anyone point us in the direction of a demo in which 2 demomen have decisively ruined the game?

Wlv

RaWr ::

wotr vs TLR i33 final :D:D:D:D, only because we couldnt suss a counter though.

My opinions on a 1x demo limit are mixed. Although I do think 2x demo on 2fort and turbine completely ruins the map, as in completely.

trams

-><-

Sorry for that Wlv, i thought you signed up for Riemus list as a teamleader.

Good post by Acidrenix, its what we need, a discussion based on facts.

And Trimmer, i hope your “you suck to much to know”-arguement, jumps up and bites you in the ass.

My conclusion is still: IF we need dl1, we need cl1.

pukz

Yes.. well said Arx.

We all have opinions mine is that 2class limit isn’t a problem atm

But lets just give our opinions and not get too upset because everyone doesn’t agree..

But i do think it should be based on a community vote which has been done!

Maybe a re vote may solve this stressy discussion??

J3

I believe that 2demos in a high skilled team can be bad, but dl 1 should only happen with other class limitations, or even with a standard formation like someone said… that is how we can truly see who is the best team, anyway for lower teams doesnt make any sense this rule.

That means that since majorly the community is made of low/mid skilled clans this rule will never get aprooved if u ask everyone…
There is no 1div rules, there is a community… if a clan reaches the top and has to changes the gameplay because of this rule it doesnt make sense, at least in ladders. So if u wanna make a cup with this rules ok, if not, dont even bother asking again.
For demo limit comes standard lineup, for no demolimit comes freedom of choices for the teams. That should be the topic to discuss.

regards, J3

“For demo limit comes standard lineup, for no demolimit comes freedom of choices for the teams. That should be the topic to discuss.”

I agree with this. I have to say that I would choose for the freedom of choices, because with the importance of teamwork in TF2 also comes the importance of tactics in my opinion. If you can’t win in way 1, why not try way 2, which may result in a chance of classes. It’s the power of the team to be able to adapt to your opponent’s strategies and counter them with a change of your own.

Making everyone have exactly the same class line-up would make a completely new format in my opinion. Ofcourse, if there is demand for this, it can be interesting to start such a league (like they apprarently have in NA). But ETF2L is based on just this freedom and I think it should stay like it is, because it’s not a convincing majority of teams that wants a change.

As said above; not everyone should have the same opinion and one team might prefer the first option while others teams prefer the other. That is why we could think about different formats. In the end, one of the formats might take a convincing lead in popularity.

Trimmer

#misChief
TSF

Sorry for that Wlv, i thought you signed up for Riemus list as a teamleader.

Good post by Acidrenix, its what we need, a discussion based on facts.

And Trimmer, i hope your “you suck to much to know”-arguement, jumps up and bites you in the ass.

My conclusion is still: IF we need dl1, we need cl1.

#

Lol <3 Sorry for having a bit to much to drink before trolling <3

Haunter

funny thing is… i sugested demoman limit 1, before season 2 starts, and the other admins almost burned me :D

now the discussion pops up :)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »