Forum

Regarding demoman limit

Created 8th June 2008 @ 16:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

“if you cant counter it, ban it” – the way to success.

dunc

infs
dp.

Anyone who says “just counter it” is nothing short of retarded.

I see zero issues with forcing a 1 demoman limit in the top division. It isn’t elitist – zomg lol division one have to play with 1 demoman limit, they are so elite. It isn’t unfair – all of the division one teams are affected, lower division teams are not.

All it does is allow for more fair, teamplay-based competitive gaming in the top division. Baseball leagues have different rules between conferences – it isn’t going to ruin the league.

ryb

nR

I do not think that playing with 2 demomen has been tested enough to put the limit to 1. Having the ml1 is understandable, but if we’re going to add more and more limits, we might as well use cl1.

ins

excello.

I have to agree with ryb, at the moment no div1 team I can think of runs regularly with 2 demomen, I might be mistaken though.

If several teams start doing this and the gameplay becomes hampered because of it, then by all means let’s discuss if we should limit it with more rules.

There’s no need to make pre-emptive rules, imo.

pukz

Not many clans use 2 demomen atm correct..

But you can be sure that if the class limit isn’t changed now that most clans will try it.. so maybe u’ve just shot ursefls in the feet?

P.S. who cares.. why limit tactics in 1 of the best tactical games in years :<

trams

-><-

That is maybe the real question, why does 7/10 teams from higher divisions want to use more static tactics?
Because it is easier to defeat teams which is on their way up?

If someone is retarded, its the one that dont have a counterattack against 2 demos ;)

It is happening every day, skilled teams are losing against less skilled, why?
Because this is TF2, not CS, and in TF2, tactics matter a lot.

san-

h.

We usually play with 2 demos and when facing 2 really good scouts it can be really hard. Cant we set sl1? Also Hw/med is is really hard to kill can we ban hw/med combo?

I would also like to ban the uberusing of medics, you cant kill the basterds! :p

now ontopic:

Iam against it, unless its proven that 2 demomen rape the game.

grtz

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

I think we should decide an etf2l-lineup, 2xscouts 1xhw 1xmedic 1xsoldier. After all the only way to see which the better team is, is to make sure everyone uses the same tactic:P

Trimmer

#misChief
TSF

I’m a North American tf2 player where almost all of our leagues are 1 dem 1 med. Honestly, in one of our main leagues we have class limits of 1 med, 1 spy, 1 heavy, 1 engi, 1 demo……2 scouts soldiers pyro’s and snipers…..So it could be a lot more restricted then just 1 med 1 demo :-P

We’ve been scrimming a lot of relatively good european teams lately and while they don’t use 2 demomen at all times when they do it brings the game to a screaching hault. When a team is anchored back on their heals running 2 demo’s its simply to easy to control chokepoints, especially when there’s only 2 or 3 ways in to an area. I don’t care particularly what the leagues do here as we only play in the cups and we will deal with whats put in front of us.

That said

I pledge my support to Reimu!

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Currently its 2 demomen. After that it will be something else. This is a never ending circle, there is always something, this is just the hot topic atm.

TBH if we keep restricting the game Im just going to quit. And if it becomes Div1 only then I certainly dont want to run a team that plays in Div1, because I cant be doing with having to play with teams that cant handle variation and just want everyone to play the same way. This limiting is just plain retarded. All it does is limits tactics to make EVERYBODY play the same way. If you cant see that its limited enough already then your obviously blind.

And I know he meant Div1 only. But again, thats just the ego of Div1 clans putting themselves on a pedastool above everyone else. It shouldnt be different between leagues, we should have a set standard throughout the community.

Again. Higher ranked clans should start seeing past their own noses and think about all of the teams lower down. Just because some players in what, 10 euro clans out of ~130 are against 2 demomen does NOT mean we should restrict this.

Trimmer

#misChief
TSF

Mole, you don’t understand the reason for limiting the classes to 1 demoman. Its not that top teams can’t counter two demoman, its that honestly it ruins game play at that level, If you think they don’t know how to counter it then play them with two demo’s, you’ll get your ass whipped and move on, at most levels of tf2 its not a big deal because people like yourself aren’t good enough to make it a big deal!

Falling Away

Yes limit to 1 demoman, so you’re only competition from games that stops you steamrolling teams is gone, if you’re not destroying the competition by taking their players, you’re trying to do it by stopping the only playstyle that affects you, how awesome!

Disclaimer: Yea i may be from some “lesser” “unknown” clan, but fuck it, my opinion matters as much in this matter to you, as your view on whats fair and what isn’t fair between Div1 clans.

Trimmer

#misChief
TSF

so much hate for the 1 demoman, i<3 1 demoman, If you want to help reimu out though i’d put together a top 10 list of demoman he could steal from other teams to make them better!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Some people appear to not know why there are class limits in the first place.

Think about it, with some of your arguments.. why even bother limiting to 2 classes?

What’s so bad about a 5 demomen and 1 medic tactic? The whole reason is diversity and a gameplay improvement.

but then, you could argue, isn’t a 6 man scout rush diversity? a team of 5 soldiers and a medic…

The point is, class limit 2 improves gameplay, it means that players have to think of tactics (which was someone’s arguments) which involve several different classes.

2 demomen allow for multiple points to be blocked off. It also means much more spam. If your argument is tactics, then you’re killing them. If you are running 2 demomen, chances are it’s because you’re too lame to think of a strategy to stop an opponent from getting in your base, without having to block off every single choke point. If you can pipe the left door, and the right door at the same time (2 demo’s) then the enemy will have to uber in, in order to get onto the point (or sacrifice a player, and even then, stickies can be repositioned).

A smart organised team would (be able to) use a single demoman to force the enemy into taking a certain route into their base, and then have a strategy to deal with them, once they are in.

I don’t really care if there is demolimit 1 or demolimit 2, but I can only see benefits to the gameplay by limiting it to 1. Even if it stays as 2, I will still be playing the game and still working out counter strategies for it.

And some people need to think. Imagine TF2 without class limits? Who do you think thought about using class limits? It’s the guys who are still thinking of how to make the game more enjoyable and competitive for you guys.

Sure 6 engineers can be fun to play, 3 medics and 3 soldiers can be a great fight… sure lets get 1 ubered pyro with 5 medics following…. YES, that stuff is fun, but how long before you get totally bored with playing ‘yet another lame lockdown match’. The class limits convert this game, from being just a computer game you play with your mates, to more of a sport… There are set rules.. You don’t see a game of football with 2 or 3 goalkeepers.

To be hounest, this is more of a community thing than an ‘elitest’ thing. You guys should post your view (DL 1 or DL 2) and then justify exactly why you choose that. After that, leave it, don’t bitch about the discussion.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »