Created 6th December 2012 @ 18:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Trath

Quoted from envy

[…]
Check this out.
http://forums.etf2l.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20
http://forums.etf2l.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33
I’ve been giving arguments mostly for these unlocks, and what I’ve got: div2 stars telling me, div5 player, that I don’t understand shit and prem stars don’t want them. Nobody from prem participated there, afaik. But now, “as shown by this thread and general consensus, the majority of prem players want gunboats, escape plan and Boston basher”. Arguments doesn’t matter, if prem wants this or that. What a joke.
Stay tuned and enjoy your stay on one of the most hypocrite gaming communities.

Arguments can be made for and against anything. Your personally mad because when you were “for” something with arguments, people didn’t give a shit, and now Prem players are “for” the same thing without arguments and its getting accepted. Your “smartness and logical arguments” don’t count for shit over what the Prem players simply want.

Hypocrite? I don’t see anybody here thinking X and saying Y – I guess before it wasn’t important to most Prem players to have unlocks or they were opposed to it, and now they are for it. People change minds, or suddenly decided that it is important and they will put it on the talking table until unlocks are had.

If you think Prem players shouldn’t be the ones that make the calls but rather the whole community – that is fine but it is a whole different discussion.
Don’t get mad because people will listen to A and not to you and then say that this is the reason that Prem players deciding everything is shit – that’s how the world works everywhere, who says is just as or sometimes more important as what.

Cheers,
Trath

freshmeatt

‹Con›

And The Silliest Comment Of The Season reward goes to…

Quoted from Trath

Your “smartness and logical arguments” don’t count for shit over what the Prem players simply want.

Trath

Quoted from freshmeatt

And The Silliest Comment Of The Season reward goes to…

[…]

I don’t see how that is silly, the way I see it that is a fact, and personally I agree with the whole “Prem players RULEEEE!!!” way because I think it is the only way that can work for TF2 in its current state.

Also obviously there is an undefined border as to what Prem players can want and have.
FOR EXAMPLE: if Prem players demanded that all official matches timelimit cut down to 5 mins, they would get the finger.

I hope you understand what I said clearer and don’t think its silly anymore.

Last edited by Trath,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

As it’s a free survey site I was only allowed limited responses.

77% of responses want medlocks with boston basher, gunboats and escape plan.

Rest of the options got very little interest in comparison.

Make of that what you will, a more comprehensive and limited survey linked to steam or etf2l account would be awesome but lots of effort.

I was arguing for those items before the idea box even existed but don’t really care that much anymore, I don’t think any of them will change the game THAT drastically and if it keeps people interested or entices even one more person to give 6v6 a go then it’s all well and good.

Still dreading being jumped by gunboats solly every mid though, will this mean I have to get good to play med?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Trath

I hope you understand what I said clearer and don’t think its silly anymore.

Once you stop playing and come back here at some point in few years, you’ll agree that it was silly.

Trath

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

Once you stop playing and come back here at some point in few years, you’ll agree that it was silly.

Explain please? here or on irc /query Trath

envy

Quoted from Trath

Your personally mad because when you were “for” something with arguments, people didn’t give a shit, and now Prem players are “for” the same thing without arguments and its getting accepted.

“Mad”? This situation is so funny and shows so well the overall herd mentality, there is no reason for me to be “mad”.

Quoted from Trath

Cheers,
Trath

Please, stop. Don’t let me die from laughter.

Trath

idk, from what you wrote I picked up being mad / personally offended because you were for something and nobody cared, and now Prem is for something and they are given care.
If that is not the case, you can ignore everything I wrote completely ^^

Last edited by Trath,

alfa

I think that’s a good idea.

For those who keep playing the “unlocks take the skill away form the game” card

i46

Also if gunboats are allowed and you are stubborn because of your pride and ethics (i know a few people like that) you don’t need to use them! Nobody says you need to improve your game and nobody will judge you for it. Game is not fun for you anymore? You are welcome to quit, why would you keep bothering the majority of the community who want the said unlock allowed if you can’t bear with it?

Just my opinion, I’ve seen a thousand threads since the early days of ETF2L discussing unlocks and I think it’s one of the dumbest topics ever.

Last edited by alfa,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Most people aren’t against gunboats, they are against the escape plan.

Setlet

Quoted from Koeitje

Most people aren’t against gunboats, they are against the escape plan.

I don’t care if gunboats are allowed (Although I don’t find a reason why it should be allowed), but if those pesky soldiers will go behind a corner avoiding my 100%-sure-death-sticky with that freaking Escape Plan I will kill myself.

In the other hand, I think every shit unlock should be allowed, so pub players will think we can still adapt :D

Last edited by Setlet,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Get your unlock debate out my thread you silly sausages.

Going to to a few lobbies now that TF2Lobby is back online!

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Gunboats, Escape Plan. Boston Basher, Pain Train and Overdose allowed at http://www.tf2lobby.com/lobby?id=445540

bitebo

(Senior Anti-Cheat Admin)
:Brick:

yay overdose

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Gunboats, Escape Plan. Boston Basher, Pain Train and Overdose allowed at http://www.tf2lobby.com/lobby?id=445557

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »